All Star Trek

Started by Shasvre, Jan 09, 2010, 09:26:47 PM

Author
All Star Trek (Read 348,452 times)

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Spock entering V'ger is one of the most impressive and beautiful sequences I have seen in any film. The twist at the end was fantastic, as well.

All of the problems are in the first half of the film.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Yeah, the pacing was all over the place for the first half hour or so, but once it passed that portion of the film it became something really special.

Magegg

Magegg

I loved the whole Motion Picture, I think it was magnificent :D

But I didn't watch it on the theater but at home. I think I know why people on the theaters were pissed off by the pace.

genocyber

genocyber

People these days have ADD and cant appreciate space opera pieces.

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: genocyber on Aug 25, 2013, 06:24:06 AMPeople these days have ADD and cant appreciate space opera pieces.
Wasn't TMP released at the '70s?  ???

SiL

SiL

Late 70s.

It's always been seen as needlessly slow because it is.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Aye, I agree with that. Pacing is its biggest issue.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

I like the parts where they look at stuff.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: genocyber on Aug 25, 2013, 06:24:06 AM
People these days have ADD and cant appreciate space opera pieces.

I can, as long as there's something to grab my attention. Star Trek can be slow but even by that series' standards, TMP was an exercise in patience I can't tolerate.

Anyway,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6B22Uy7SBe4#

The HISHE part made me laugh.

Vermillion

Vermillion

Lol at the wormhole effect in TMP.  It cost as much for that scene as the entire cost of Star Wars!

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Vermillion on Aug 25, 2013, 07:10:34 PM
Lol at the wormhole effect in TMP.  It cost as much for that scene as the entire cost of Star Wars!

And it was completely pointless.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I thought it was breathtaking, personally. Very memorable scene.

SM

SM

Its point was to further set Kirk against Decker.  Decker knows the ship better than Kirk at this point, having surpervised the refit.  Plus it happens in front of the crew.  Conflict = drama.

Staring at a 2001-esque trip through V'Ger as well as long loving tracking shots of the Enterprise for what seems like hours on end = boredom.

The score largely saves it.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I agree. The score was the only memorable thing about the film. Another thing I didn't like about it were the crew uniforms. They looked very bland, almost like 23rd century jumpsuits than uniforms.

ace3g

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed