All Star Trek (Read 348,286 times)

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 09, 2013, 04:58:46 AM
Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jul 09, 2013, 03:36:40 AM
or Tribble.

So you're into bestiality. Fascinating.

;)

What? You think Kirk never even tried it?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Yes Sir.

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 09, 2013, 02:15:44 AM
Glad you loved it man! Definitely my favorite movie so far this year.

I agree. Most fun I've had at the theater since The Avengers!

Greedo

Greedo

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 09, 2013, 03:32:24 AM
Do you guys think we'll ever achieve a Star Trek-style of life one day? Where humans explore space at will like that, making peace and alliances with other races?

We have already.

COUGH*Government, NASA , AREA 51(S4), CIA*COUGH

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

'Babylon 5' always felt infinitely more realistic to me. It dealt with down and dirty subjects, like how poverty and political back-stabbing would still prevail just as much as it tends to today, even in the distant future. Also got lots of acclaim from people at NASA for trying to make the ship designs scientifically possible (even down to the correct rotation to give the station gravity).

Rodenberry had some very strange ideas about his own creation, later on in life...

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jul 09, 2013, 01:02:56 PM
Rodenberry had some very strange ideas about his own creation, later on in life...

How do you mean?

Greedo

Greedo

Anyone a fan of the Enterprise series ?

Not many fans seem to rate it , but i quite like it tbh.

especially that mirror episode where they go back to the orginal Enterprise bridge from the Original Series.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Can't comment on the series because I never watched it. And that, is because I think Scott Bakula is a moronic little twit. He said in an interview once, "No Star Trek captain has ever bled before. I'm the first."

Biggest facepalm of my life.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

I've dabbled in it. Honestly, I don't understand the hate. I enjoyed what little of it I've seen.

'Babylon 5' always felt infinitely more realistic to me. It dealt with down and dirty subjects, like how poverty and political back-stabbing would still prevail just as much as it tends to today, even in the distant future. Also got lots of acclaim from people at NASA for trying to make the ship designs scientifically possible (even down to the correct rotation to give the station gravity).

I do love me some B5, but I don't think I'd call it more realistic, per se.

I just appreciate the future that Trek presents. Too often in sci-fi, what's to come is presented as all doom and gloom dystopias (I am very guilty of this, myself). Trek is refreshing in showing us a future in which we actually bettered ourselves, improved how we live. It's an optimistic vision, and I love that.

Greedo

Greedo

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 09, 2013, 09:43:18 PM
Can't comment on the series because I never watched it. And that, is because I think Scott Bakula is a moronic little twit. He said in an interview once, "No Star Trek captain has ever bled before. I'm the first."

Biggest facepalm of my life.

Yeah I Know I think Scott Bakula shouldnt have the part tbh.

Dominic Keating is a good actor though he plays the part of Lieutenant Malcolm Reed.

SM

SM

If the Godawful theme song to Enterprise wasn't enough to make you change channels, the show itself will make the decision easier.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Aye, the theme was a horrid decision.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

'Babylon 5' always felt infinitely more realistic to me. It dealt with down and dirty subjects, like how poverty and political back-stabbing would still prevail just as much as it tends to today, even in the distant future.
High five.

genocyber

genocyber

I liked some of Enterprise. It wasn't terrible, I liked it over Voyager.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SM on Jul 10, 2013, 12:30:38 AM
If the Godawful theme song to Enterprise wasn't enough to make you change channels, the show itself will make the decision easier.

I always thought you were an Enterprise fan.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed