All Star Trek

Started by Shasvre, Jan 09, 2010, 09:26:47 PM

Author
All Star Trek (Read 346,380 times)

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

The name changed to Star Trek 13? Seriously? I don't think anybody is counting the Abrams series as a sequel to the original films.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Space Sweeper on May 28, 2013, 02:58:56 PM
The name changed to Star Trek 13? Seriously? I don't think anybody is counting the Abrams series as a sequel to the original films.

Well, I guess technically speaking they are. I think that the last we see of Spock in the old stuff he becomes an ambassador to the Romulans, and where Trek '09 picks up he's trying to help the Romulans out when shit hits the fan and he's launched back in time.

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

This.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 28, 2013, 03:03:58 PM

Well, I guess technically speaking they are. I think that the last we see of Spock in the old stuff he becomes an ambassador to the Romulans, and where Trek '09 picks up he's trying to help the Romulans out when shit hits the fan and he's launched back in time.
That's the one continuous factor though. The movies basically work independently with Spock Prime as a supporting character-- and to a much lesser extent in Into Darkness.

Shasvre

Shasvre

All Star Trek

First Blood

First Blood

You changed it right? It's your thread. :laugh:

Shasvre

Shasvre

I think a mod merged my Into Darkness thread with Nightmare's Star Trek 3/13 thread. :D

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Yup, I reported my suggestion so the mods could merge 'em :P

Magegg

Magegg

I watched the original movie. I liked much. Including the landscapes about the ships and so. I don't know why people seem to dislike it.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Magegg on May 28, 2013, 07:27:59 PM
I watched the original movie. I liked much. Including the landscapes about the ships and so. I don't know why people seem to dislike it.

Because practically nothing happens for the 2 1/2 hour run time. There's a good 15-20 minutes that nothing but the ship moving painfully slowly through the giant space fart, broken up by a brief scene in the middle. It hasn't been nicknamed the Motionless Picture for nothing.

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: KiramidHead on May 28, 2013, 07:54:48 PM
Quote from: Magegg on May 28, 2013, 07:27:59 PM

Because practically nothing happens for the 2 1/2 hour run time. There's a good 15-20 minutes that nothing but the ship moving painfully slowly through the giant space fart, broken up by a brief scene in the middle. It hasn't been nicknamed the Motionless Picture for nothing.

It was a delight, for me :)

Shasvre

Shasvre

Star Trek: The Motion Picture

Review by Peregrin Took

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

:D

I still want to see the movie, though. I want to see all the old ones, actually.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

TMP is visually and musically beautiful. If you go in only for that, you won't be disappointed.

The thing that's bad is the pacing. First time I saw the movie, I hated it. Gave it a second go a few months ago, and my opinion improved markedly.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 28, 2013, 02:55:42 PM
Anyways, I've only ever seen one episode of TNG and I know next to nothing about the characters, but from what I read online the Borg seems very interesting. I think it'd be kind of interesting to throw Kirk and company up against them. Pit them against a threat they never faced in the original timeline.

23rd century tech would never be useful against the Borg. The Federation didn't invent technology capable of really hurting them until the late 24th century, i.e. First Contact time.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed