All Star Trek

Started by Shasvre, Jan 09, 2010, 09:26:47 PM

Author
All Star Trek (Read 346,382 times)

Shasvre

Shasvre

Must have been some survivors, otherwise Starfleet would have been seriously short on students.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 21, 2013, 11:27:46 AM
I'm definitely getting a sarcastic vibe from that apology. Lindleof is a smart guy, he knows as well as everyone else that these people are just looking for something to complain about. He said what he had to say to shut them up, whether he means it or not.

Anyways, sarcastic or not, Sweeps said it best.

I felt the same but the mere fact that he had to do it is ridiculous. You think by now people would loosen up dem sphincters.

DaddyYautja

DaddyYautja

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 21, 2013, 06:09:30 AM
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/21/damon-lindelof-apologizes-for-carol-marcus-underwear-scene-in-star-trek-into-darkness

I just facepalmed.

I think that this scene is some straight up Roberto Orci/ Alex Kurtzman stuff, aka creator of the racist Transformers, and they should be the ones talking.

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

If anyone birthed the Twins, it was Bay.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Gilfryd on May 22, 2013, 03:03:58 AM

I thought that was Ehren Kruger.

Quote from: DaddyYautja on May 22, 2013, 02:28:53 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on May 21, 2013, 06:09:30 AM
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/21/damon-lindelof-apologizes-for-carol-marcus-underwear-scene-in-star-trek-into-darkness

I just facepalmed.

I think that this scene is some straight up Roberto Orci/ Alex Kurtzman stuff, aka creator of the racist Transformers, and they should be the ones talking.

Go home Daddy, your drunk.

TheRaven

TheRaven

Gonna jump on the bandwagon here and say I loved this movie and I'm buying it when it comes out c:
The villain was awesome!

ace3g

DaddyYautja

DaddyYautja

Quote from: Gilfryd on May 22, 2013, 03:03:58 AM

Bay has no writing credits in this movie.... how would he get them into the movie as part of the story without any writing?

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

Quote from: DaddyYautja on May 23, 2013, 03:48:20 AMBay has no writing credits in this movie.... how would he get them into the movie as part of the story without any writing?

Um he's the director. Everything is guided by his vision (or lack thereof) - including the story. If he doesn't like something, it's out. But apparently he REALLY liked the Twins and made them much worse than they were on the page.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Bay has a tendency to do a lot of improv with his actors :P

The writers of Revenge of the Fallen were reportedly very "surprised" when they saw what the twins were doing and saying in the film. :P

Even Spielberg once jokingly said that "It would be nice if you (Bay) actually shot exactly what's in the script for once"

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

They also only had an outline of a script due to the writers' strike.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

They finished the script in 3 months with Ehren Kruger :P

It ended up being terribad of course. lol

Then they quit the Transformers movies altogether to do other work (Star Trek) but they still found time to write the first episodes of Transformers Prime (wich were pretty damn good fun.. unlike the movies) :P

The difference in the treatment of characters in the show versus the films is staggering.... :P Arcee specially... throwaway character in the film (Because Bay hated her and wanted her killed) ...central character in the TV show :P

SuperM

SuperM

Imdb has a personal quote from Bay (not sure how authentic)

QuoteI write my own action. There's a scene in The Island (2005) - a highway chase where a pile of train wheels fall off a truck and smashes into the oncoming cars. That thought came to me as I was driving next to a truck carrying rail wheels. My mind is very fertile, so I'm like, 'That's very dangerous!' I sent someone out to do research and found out those train wheels weigh a TON each . . .

So yeah, seems he adds in his own shit

DaddyYautja

DaddyYautja

Quote from: Gilfryd on May 23, 2013, 07:04:26 AM
Quote from: DaddyYautja on May 23, 2013, 03:48:20 AMBay has no writing credits in this movie.... how would he get them into the movie as part of the story without any writing?

Um he's the director. Everything is guided by his vision (or lack thereof) - including the story. If he doesn't like something, it's out. But apparently he REALLY liked the Twins and made them much worse than they were on the page.

None of this states that he is the originator just a contributor.

Quote from: Blacklabel on May 23, 2013, 07:13:03 AM
Bay has a tendency to do a lot of improv with his actors :P

The writers of Revenge of the Fallen were reportedly very "surprised" when they saw what the twins were doing and saying in the film. :P

Even Spielberg once jokingly said that "It would be nice if you (Bay) actually shot exactly what's in the script for once"

Links?

Quote from: SuperM on May 23, 2013, 10:56:32 AM
Imdb has a personal quote from Bay (not sure how authentic)

QuoteI write my own action. There's a scene in The Island (2005) - a highway chase where a pile of train wheels fall off a truck and smashes into the oncoming cars. That thought came to me as I was driving next to a truck carrying rail wheels. My mind is very fertile, so I'm like, 'That's very dangerous!' I sent someone out to do research and found out those train wheels weigh a TON each . . .

So yeah, seems he adds in his own shit

Pretty sure actually scenes need detailed information on what is going to happen when cars are going to hit each other, things are going to blow up, people are going to jump from high places. This stuff isnt randomly thought up at the last second....

Actions scenes are different than story developments.... if you didnt know.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

What in the living f**k does any of this have to do with Star Trek? :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed