All Star Trek

Started by Shasvre, Jan 09, 2010, 09:26:47 PM

Author
All Star Trek (Read 348,282 times)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Spoiler
So...is Spock going to call up Spock Prime every time they run into something new during their five year mission?

"So, uh, hey, I just had the strangest thing happen to me. Um, did you ever get your brain stolen?"
[close]

orchidal

orchidal

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 19, 2013, 09:29:01 PM
Spoiler
So...is Spock going to call up Spock Prime every time they run into something new during their five year mission?

"So, uh, hey, I just had the strangest thing happen to me. Um, did you ever get your brain stolen?"
[close]

Spoiler
I kinda hope that he's not in any additional installments and they just mention that he's died of natural causes by the beginning of the third film; however I think they put him in this one solely for continuity purposes as he served no real purpose other than as a source of vague reference
[close]

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: orchidal on May 19, 2013, 11:18:27 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on May 19, 2013, 09:29:01 PM
Spoiler

[close]

Spoiler
I kinda hope that he's not in any additional installments and they just mention that he's died of natural causes by the beginning of the third film; however I think they put him in this one solely for continuity purposes as he served no real purpose other than as a source of vague reference
[close]

Spoiler
I'll never get tired of hearing this in every movie...

"I took a vow NEVER, EVER to tell you ANYTHING that might affect your destiny. That being said..."
[close]

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Three days since I've seen this and I'm still feeling excited thinking about it. Seriously considering going again in a week or so.

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

Quote from: orchidal on May 19, 2013, 11:18:27 PMI kinda hope that he's not in any additional installments and they just mention that he's died of natural causes by the beginning of the third film

And pull a Crystal Skull?

I REALLY loved the movie. It was just great fun. I've seen the other movies but I really want to check out the shows now.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

My Star Trek movie ratings:

Star Trek: First Contact
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
Star Trek (2009)
Star Trek Into Darkness
Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
Star Trek: The Motion Picture
Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
Star Trek Generations
Star Trek: Nemesis
Star Trek: Insurrection

These are my personal favorites. It was hard to pick which I like better. I think Star Trek '09 felt more fresh then Into Darkness, but I loved both movies.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Pre-Order STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS And Get A Limited Edition Starfleet Phaser

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=79876#JM1K3Eq3t9JVrVsj.99

Cool. Not $80 cool, though.

Hubbs

Hubbs

I like Star Trek I really do, its brilliant sci-fi fun...but I can't help but feel this is all gonna get real old real fast, the current takings are suggesting that.

Thing is, end of the day, we've seen all this before, doesn't matter how you spin it. I think they could get away with one more film and that's it, Star Trek has had its day people, you simply can't regurgitate it up over and over.

Ps. a Next Gen reboot will never work, the original Next Gen was weak at best.

cloverfan98

cloverfan98

Quote from: Hubbs on May 20, 2013, 03:30:20 AM
I like Star Trek I really do, its brilliant sci-fi fun...but I can't help but feel this is all gonna get real old real fast, the current takings are suggesting that.

Thing is, end of the day, we've seen all this before, doesn't matter how you spin it. I think they could get away with one more film and that's it, Star Trek has had its day people, you simply can't regurgitate it up over and over.

Ps. a Next Gen reboot will never work, the original Next Gen was weak at best.

I take it you're not a Trekkie are you?

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I don't want a Next Gen reboot, either. The TNG movies we have are more miss than hit IMO.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Actually yeah, you're right about that. First Contact is the best one with Nemesis barely pulling in second place. The other two were pretty lousy, especially Generations.

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Wanting to see this so badly...

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

I really liked Insurrection.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: SpaceMarines on May 20, 2013, 04:20:33 AM
I really liked Insurrection.

No words SpaceMarines. Just...no words :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed