All Star Trek

Started by Shasvre, Jan 09, 2010, 09:26:47 PM

Author
All Star Trek (Read 346,377 times)

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 10, 2012, 05:13:54 AM
I really need to stop being lazy and watch the 2009 film. I've heard nothing but good things, I just have yet to find the opportunity to give it a watch...

Once you do, you might recognize some faces during the first five minutes. ;)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I'm assuming you mean Chris Hemsworth? I heard he had a small role in it. :)

Shasvre

Shasvre

Yup, but you will probably recognize his superior commander from another MCU movie as well. 8)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Huh, I probably heard who it was and am just not remembering at the moment. Guess I'll hold off on looking it up; I'll try to pick the movie up soon, if possible.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Anyone still think Cumberbatch is Khan after reading that? I don't, TBH.

Shasvre

Shasvre

I'm not well versed enough in Star Trek lore to make a guess on who he might be playing. That it's Cumberbatch is more than enough for me to get excited though. ;D

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 10, 2012, 05:16:13 AM
I'm assuming you mean Chris Hemsworth? I heard he had a small role in it. :)

Yup, opening scene. He played Kirk's father.

First Blood

First Blood

I really need to stop being lazy and watch the 2009 film. I've heard nothing but good things, I just have yet to find the opportunity to give it a watch...

You need to watch that movie.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

The other Star Trek movies are great too. You don't need to know that much about the show in order to enjoy them. You can skip TMP and Star Trek V since they are never mention again in any of the movies.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/59938
QuoteMr. Beaks Takes A STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS! First Nine Minutes Reviewed!

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: First Blood on Dec 10, 2012, 06:17:50 AM

You need to watch that movie.

What this man said!

I really think you'll love it, NA.  :)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I'm sure I will. Unfortunately, my only experience with Star Trek is a few episodes of TOS that I saw on TV with my dad and one episode of TNG I saw in class this year.

Rick Grimes

Rick Grimes

@Nightmare Asylum- You really need to see this movie. It's on FX all the time lol.

Quote from: Blacklabel on Dec 10, 2012, 10:37:15 AM
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/59938
QuoteMr. Beaks Takes A STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS! First Nine Minutes Reviewed!
OMG...that comment someone said about combining Khan and Mitchell makes so much sense! Could it be? And damn, I need to see this proluoge!

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Extremely late to this party ;D but just watched the trailer, and I have to say it looks beyond stupid and who's this hideously ugly white ninja X-man jump-kicking everyone, and why does it look like a bad near-future disaster film? :-\

Other than that, I'm sure Abrams will deliver and the movie itself will kick ass just like the first one. :D But damn it, come on, how can people not think it looks absolutely shallow, predictable, cheesy, and overall just bad? Trailer fail, if you ask me.

and I hate Benebatch Cumberdick already :laugh:

Hate and poo, lol, but again I think the movie will be great. Just.. this trailer.. yeesh. Didn't excite me in the least, with the lava and Inception music and jump-kicking. If Trek fans were disappointed that the first one was too action-y, holy balls fasten your hate belts :D :P

Please continue with the pleasant interaction! I just had to vent.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Well, the Trek films that tried to be cerebral pretty much all sucked, so I'm fine with the action-y approach.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed