All Star Trek

Started by Shasvre, Jan 09, 2010, 09:26:47 PM

Author
All Star Trek (Read 348,512 times)

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

It simply wasn't important enough or they would have sent more cubes is the easiest way to deal with that. There were several instances mentioned where many many cubes were sent to assimilate species. It simply could have played out by the time the Borg truly made a vested interest in the Federation, they would have been ready.

Thats funny you should mention them - I truly love Stargate but I just didn't like the Replicators.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: ScardyFox on Oct 05, 2012, 02:37:22 PM
Quote from: AvatarIII on Oct 05, 2012, 02:17:07 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Oct 05, 2012, 02:11:52 PM
Quote from: ScardyFox on Sep 22, 2012, 09:18:30 AM
As for the Borg that hardly counts. Who can prepare for the Borg unless you totally defang them like the writers of Voyager did.

Species 8472

I think they come under the "defanged by Voyager" argument

BINGO

What's wrong with having a species that can destroy the Borg? Don't forget too that Species 8472 in Part 1 of "Scorpion" were revealed to have launched a thousand bio-ships to "cleanse out the galaxy". The Northwest Passage, remember?

cloverfan98

cloverfan98

Quote from: DoomRulz on Oct 05, 2012, 04:15:29 PM
As for the Borg that hardly counts. Who can prepare for the Borg unless you totally defang them like the writers of Voyager did.

Species 8472

BINGO

What's wrong with having a species that can destroy the Borg? Don't forget too that Species 8472 in Part 1 of "Scorpion" were revealed to have launched a thousand bio-ships to "cleanse out the galaxy". The Northwest Passage, remember?

Species 8472 was pretty sweet I thought.

I like Voyager........................

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Quote from: DoomRulz on Oct 05, 2012, 04:15:29 PM

Species 8472

BINGO

They didn't just destroy the Borg, they obliterated them effortlessly and it was used as a plot device to push a failing show along. On top of that they wanted to eradicate all life in the galaxy (and were filled with malevolence apparently) and then the next time you see species8472 (in mass) they're reasonable and somewhat lovable.

If you like stilted writing more power to you.

Njm1983

Njm1983

8472 was a plot device. The opening of scorpion was designed to draw you in with that 1 shot kill of the Borg cubes. By the end of the episode voyager had taken a hit from a bioship and it didn't even penetrate their shields. Voyager got tossed and internal consoles ruptured but that's it.

Quote from: ScardyFox on Oct 05, 2012, 03:31:41 PM
It simply wasn't important enough or they would have sent more cubes is the easiest way to deal with that. There were several instances mentioned where many many cubes were sent to assimilate species. It simply could have played out by the time the Borg truly made a vested interest in the Federation, they would have been ready.

Thats funny you should mention them - I truly love Stargate but I just didn't like the Replicators.

each to their own, because I loved the replicators. although there's not a lot about the first 8 seasons of SG1 that I didn't love.

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Quote from: AvatarIII on Oct 06, 2012, 05:35:18 PM
Quote from: ScardyFox on Oct 05, 2012, 03:31:41 PM

each to their own, because I loved the replicators. although there's not a lot about the first 8 seasons of SG1 that I didn't love.

What did you think of Universe? I hate it so much it actually makes me a little angry.

I thought it was ok actually, it had a lot of missed potential, but I liked some of the characters and the ship itself was cool.

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

I hated everything about it but those negative feelings were compounded by the fact they canceled Atlantis for it (a show with good ratings) and in the end were forced to cancel the planned SG1/Atlantis movies. Unforgivable.

Rick Grimes

Rick Grimes

that's not true actually, Atlantis was not canceled to make room for SGU, and had SGU got better ratings, the Atlantis movie would have happened, so if your going to blame anyone, blame the people that didn't watch SGU.

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2009/01/why-was-stargate-atlantis-cancelled/
http://www.gateworld.net/news/2010/12/atlantis-movie-shelved-indefinitely/

it didn't help that MGM went bankrupt either, but that's nothing to do with Stargate

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Quote from: AvatarIII on Oct 06, 2012, 09:08:53 PM
that's not true actually, Atlantis was not canceled to make room for SGU, and had SGU got better ratings, the Atlantis movie would have happened, so if your going to blame anyone, blame the people that didn't watch SGU.

if I remember rightly it was explained on Joseph Mallozzi's blog.

You just opened up (or rather cracked) a can of worms. Yes, the famous blog (and twitter tweets) that floated around gateworld and other such sites. To sum it up, people were screaming the walls down because they saw it (myself included) as lies.

If you're interested you could probably look it up in two seconds. There were hundreds of hundreds of forum post about his lies and how people perceived them. Hell, people still post about it on gateworld time to time.

Anyhoot, personally I think the guy is a snake and stand by my previous post. They thought they could make a better BSG and it blew up in their face forever dooming Stargate.

EDIT:

Oh, you frequent Gateworld? Then you understand my point of view, regardless if you agree with it or not. Good to see another diehard Stargate fan.

I was a forum regular on GateWorld for quite a while. :) thanks for the information though, I never realised he was like that.

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Well, a lot of people see it as such, you might see it differently if you got bored enough to rehash it all.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Heather Langenkamp is gonna have a small role in this! ;D

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BatFreak/news/?a=69187

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed