All Star Trek

Started by Shasvre, Jan 09, 2010, 09:26:47 PM

Author
All Star Trek (Read 348,317 times)

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Is Abrams directing after all? I hope so.

JaaayDee

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Ah, damnit.

Oh well, as long as it gets made.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I don't understand what has been taking so long for this movie to come out?

ace3g

ace3g

J.J. Abrams Finally Commits to Directing STAR TREK 2; Shooting to Begin This Winter

In what is probably one of the most non-surprising news bits in recent history, J.J. Abrams has officially committed to directing Star Trek 2. It's been widely assumed for some time that Abrams would return to helm the sequel to his 2009 blockbuster. However, several delays eventually led Paramount to replace Star Trek 2 with G.I. Joe 2: Retaliation in its June 29th, 2012 release slot and the director told us back in August that he wouldn't officially sign on until "everything was in place."

Apparently, that time has come as Vulture reports that said delays are now a thing of the past now that co-writer Alex Kurtman has completed work on his directorial debut, DreamWorks' Welcome to People. Per the report, Abrams and co. are now ready to focus on Trek 2 and are looking to begin shooting the much-anticipated pic this winter. Now that everything is "official," Trek fans can finally get back to worrying less about who will direct and more about how they'll be able to cope with "Average Joe Off the Street" enjoying their beloved franchise.

http://collider.com/jj-abrams-star-trek-2/114706/

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

About damn time.

Why this movie was not immediately rushed into production upon the huge success of the original is a thing that shall forever confound my tender little mind.

Marr

Marr

Exactly........hope they havent left this too late.....is there a working script/storyline?

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

My phaser is ready.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Mine has only two settings; off and vapourize.

Ghost Rider.

Ghost Rider.

I read there is a script that will be completed by the end of this month. I think they've put a lot of work into the script and Abrams wouldn't commit to it unless he was satisfied with the story.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Sep 14, 2011, 02:08:15 PM
Mine has only two settings; off and vapourize.
Ever get any complaints from the ladies?

chrisr232007

chrisr232007

Cant wait for this movie...I loved the first one.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

It's too bad that we are not seeing this movie next year since next year is going to be the 30th anniversary of Wrath of Khan and having him in the sequel would have been great.

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

I actually really don't want Khan in the sequel. Or any sequel, for that matter. I want to see the new Enterprise tackle new stuff, not just rehash all the old stories, because, let's be honest - a modern version of Khan just wouldn't be the same.

Quote from: Mr. Domino on Sep 14, 2011, 03:10:17 AM
About damn time.

Why this movie was not immediately rushed into production upon the huge success of the original is a thing that shall forever confound my tender little mind.

agreed, i remember a time when Chris Pine turned down the Cap role because of his commitment to Star Trek :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed