Metal.

Started by CELTICPRED, Dec 29, 2006, 10:38:37 PM

Author
Metal. (Read 70,490 times)

[cancerblack]

Russ

Russ

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Nov 30, 2014, 09:23:58 AM
I used to be into metal for years but now (for the last ten years or so) I literally can't stand it. I don't even feel nostalgia when listening to it. I still "like"/tolerate some Sepultura, Nile, Slayer and Bathory, and Tool, but only barely. I don't consider Black Sabbath metal rather than heavy rock or proto-stoner or doom. I love heavy 70s rock though, such as early Black Sabbath, Big Wheel, Blue Cheer, Hawkwind, Flower Travellin' Band, Led Zeppelin etc. or 90s heavy acts such as Unsane, Helmet, Melvins, Tad etc., and I'm crazy about noise, hardcore, crust punk and grind, as well as prog and fusion, but metal I can't stand. Don't know what happened.
Spoiler

[close]

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

That seems awfully specific. Heavy Rock is basically the light end of Heavy Metal, and considering that whenever I play Hardcore, people ask me when Cradle of Filth/Lamb of God/whatever released a new album...

Sure you're not just a hipster, m8?

Razz

Razz

December 8th will mark the 10th anniversary when Dimebag was murdered.  :'( :(

Gonna have Pantera/ Damageplan playing throughout the whole of next week. <m>

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Razz on Dec 07, 2014, 09:53:56 AM
December 8th will mark the 10th anniversary when Dimebag was murdered.  :'( :(

Gonna have Pantera/ Damageplan playing throughout the whole of next week. <m>

Valaquen shared this on Facebook, in light of that event.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3JSbOt7CLo#

\m/

WIZARDSxNEVERxDIE

WIZARDSxNEVERxDIE

HAILZ

http://youtu.be/z5eA2c60SOg

how do you embed youtube vids lol

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Just post the link directly.

So, metal is under attack for not being inclusive enough. Yes, #MetalGate is a thing now. FFS, is there anything SJWs can't poison?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vou_0RW5T5g#ws

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Go home political correctness police, you're drunk.

While I can't speak for the state of things in the US (where I assume the butthurt people are), metal is incredibly inclusive down here in NZ. Go to any metal gig in my hometown and the audience will be pretty damn close to 50/50 male/female, there'll be numerous female crew and performers.

WIZARDSxNEVERxDIE

WIZARDSxNEVERxDIE

TBH I find all the metalgate bullshit mega embarrassing. Just a bunch of nerds getting upset over literally nothing. And its not even as if there's nothing that needs fixing in the culture, because I mean every comment section on metalsucks, metal injection, mainstream band's fb statuses, etc is always just a shithouse of homophobic labelling and (cant believe im saying this) MUH SOGGY KNEE. And sure every subculture has its bad apples but with metal it just seems so amplified...

I'm usually not one to get up in arms about this sort of thing but I mean gotta call it out when i see it. If someone sees legions of pantera/metallica/slayer/whatever fans talking about a band that they probably wouldnt enjoy like... i dont know say black veil brides/a day to remember/bring me the horizon/whatever and everyone is just calling them gay or fagboys purely because they dont like the music, how is that not f**ked up??? I usually just lol @ them for not understanding that the easiest way to look like a deep closet case is by being a homophobe. haha.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

People call me a fag for liking Cradle of Filth all the time. It's never once offended me, I just tell them to go back to their hipster-lair to listen to dodgy tape recordings of belgian underground doom metal from 1994. The metal subculture is all about not taking peoples shit and giving as good as you get, there's no room for crybabies.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Dec 18, 2014, 06:49:47 PM
People call me a fag for liking Cradle of Filth

I know that feel, bruh. I know that feel.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

the curse of having great taste...

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

I've learned to live with people being elitist dickbags about everything. Particularly music

Then again I call people who like Black Veil Brides faggots so maybe I didn't learn anything

WIZARDSxNEVERxDIE

WIZARDSxNEVERxDIE

Quote from: Deathbearer on Dec 18, 2014, 08:47:34 PM
I call people who like Black Veil Brides faggots
The only reason people fear gayness is because they fear whats inside themselves you know  ;)

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Quote from: WIZARDSxNEVERxDIE on Dec 18, 2014, 09:06:24 PM
Quote from: Deathbearer on Dec 18, 2014, 08:47:34 PM
I call people who like Black Veil Brides faggots
The only reason people fear gayness is because they fear whats inside themselves you know  ;)

I ain't afraid of no sissy queers  >:(

;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed