Attention to all AVP2 Players

Started by postman, Dec 10, 2009, 11:27:26 AM

Author
Attention to all AVP2 Players (Read 5,461 times)

postman

postman

The new and improved master server patch is now available for download.

This update adds:

*  faster server list retrieval
    * access to the advanced server info (server rules, list of players)
    * sorting by ping, player count, map name, game mode (big, big thanks to AJL for his caching code)
    * version checking (will notify the user when a new version of the mod is available for download)

http://master.lithfaq.com/download/AvP2SMSInstall_v1.3.zip

Full credit to Herr_Alien for the release..

Huol

Huol

Am I the only person who gets 0 servers still?

I can get into the server list but theres never anyone playing.

postman

postman

Quote from: Huol on Dec 10, 2009, 12:45:02 PM
Am I the only person who gets 0 servers still?

I can get into the server list but theres never anyone playing.

What are u talking about? Theres always 2 or 3 active servers, whenever I'm playing at least. in fact right now Life Cycle No Tracking has 8 players, [SKY-2]-PL (limited weapons) has 4 players playing and LithFAQ 1.3 has 3..

Huol

Huol

Hm, probably installed something wrong along the way then.

Brother

Brother

It's a simple install, not much can go wrong. Try Half Life Server Watch.

Only a few servers are updated so far and most of the players haven't updated still.

Herr_Alien

Update!

The following dedicated server fixes the issues encountered on intel powered servers (picking up objects from a long distance). It also contains the missing Bunny config file, enabling you access to a whole set of configurations (weapon bans, grenade bans and so on).

Get it while it's hot!

http://master.lithfaq.com/download/avp2srv.zip

predalien27

Yay, I found it. Now I need to get off my lazy butt and download it.

Mr. Domino

I'm still getting the same 'Client MFC Application' error that I got before I updated. I guess its just not meant to be.

Xhan

Xhan

V64 and XP64 don't work yet for most users.

GrimyGhost

for those of you that have problems when trying to get server list's (freezing)
you can use this:
http://www.unostaffdau.com/download/neo_avp2_connector.zip
Put it in your avp2 folder with the exe and run it, it will list the servers and you can join without having to use the game's multiplayer menus.

Xhan

Xhan

Does absolutely nothing for either issue. Anyone who can use XF, GS or HLSW can ALREADY use neoconn.

Brother

Brother

Quote from: Mr. Domino on Dec 18, 2009, 05:08:48 AM
I'm still getting the same 'Client MFC Application' error that I got before I updated. I guess its just not meant to be.

You got to have the 1.096 patch installed before doing anything, some people that forgot to do it were getting the MFC error.

GrimyGhost

GrimyGhost

Quote from: Xhan on Dec 18, 2009, 08:45:40 PM
Does absolutely nothing for either issue. Anyone who can use XF, GS or HLSW can ALREADY use neoconn.

well it sorts out the freezing i was getting when i try to get the server list, it did for me and everyone else on the site it was published on, it works a charm and you dont need to install loads of sofware to use it so i think it works great.

Xhan

Xhan

It does work great, just the same as the other three external connection apps/services. For those who don't get a server lookup in the first place, it's the same as anything else.

Mr. Domino

Quote from: Brother on Dec 18, 2009, 09:19:51 PM
You got to have the 1.096 patch installed before doing anything, some people that forgot to do it were getting the MFC error.

I'd already done that, but I reinstalled it just to be sure, then reinstalled the SMS, and I'm still getting the error.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed