A clarification on "real Predators" please?

Started by Mystic Ninja, Dec 05, 2009, 02:23:47 AM

Author
A clarification on "real Predators" please? (Read 26,175 times)

Trey Smith

Trey Smith

Quote from: Jigsaw85 on Dec 05, 2009, 11:32:40 AM
Quote from: Ijapa on Dec 05, 2009, 09:41:00 AM
Nice rant, Jigsaw. Not really disagreeing or agreeing with you ... just wanted to point out you called AvP:R Aliens "fake."

Pretty ironic considering you're going after Predator fanboys and their "true" Predator concept.  :P

I know but The strause brother's need to portray a "true" predator on screen rendered the aliens to small helpless punching bags. The AVP preds and the super preds weren't helpless. Thats the difference and that's why the aliens in avpr really deserve to be called fake.
the avp predators were helpless and weak. they are not stronger than the first two, you do know that anderson is a alien fanboy wright. notice how anderson always says he always wanted to make a alien movie in his interviews. I hope AVP IS DIED FOR GOOD. NO MORE AVP MOVIES. JUST GAMES

Mystic Ninja

As much as I hate the AvP movies I must disagree with the claim that the Predators in those movies were weak.

The Predators in the AvP were up against much harder opponents, the xenemorphs, then the humans in P1 and P2.
Humans are a lot more easy prey when compared to Alien drones, the Alien Queen and even the Predalien. Therefore, the AvP Predators were anything but weak!

SamHain

Quote from: Mystic Ninja on Dec 06, 2009, 12:44:52 AM
As much as I hate the AvP movies I must disagree with the claim that the Predators in those movies were weak.

The Predators in the AvP were up against much harder opponents, the xenemorphs, then the humans in P1 and P2.
Humans are a lot more easy prey when compared to Alien drones, the Alien Queen and even the Predalien. Therefore, the AvP Predators were anything but weak!

I dont think the predators were weak but they didn't have skill to fight right and they were just dumb sometimes. They should have just take the shoulder cannons as faster as possible and kill all the aliens but they wasted time.
Celtic could have used his spear, shuriken, dagger, netgun early in the fight and just kill the alien but he decided to go hand-to-hand... Scar was actually the smarter of the three, he has quite good againt the aliens but he need that girl's help... and Chopper deatch was just ridiculous, the alien tail extended to 3 meter just for that scene and no way a normal alien would lift and throw him like that.
But I guess you can say they were like that because they were teens, but still Anderson and ADI really f**ked them up.

Jigsaw85

Quote from: Trey Smith on Dec 06, 2009, 12:06:41 AM
Quote from: Jigsaw85 on Dec 05, 2009, 11:32:40 AM
Quote from: Ijapa on Dec 05, 2009, 09:41:00 AM
Nice rant, Jigsaw. Not really disagreeing or agreeing with you ... just wanted to point out you called AvP:R Aliens "fake."

Pretty ironic considering you're going after Predator fanboys and their "true" Predator concept.  :P

I know but The strause brother's need to portray a "true" predator on screen rendered the aliens to small helpless punching bags. The AVP preds and the super preds weren't helpless. Thats the difference and that's why the aliens in avpr really deserve to be called fake.
the avp predators were helpless and weak. they are not stronger than the first two, you do know that anderson is a alien fanboy wright. notice how anderson always says he always wanted to make a alien movie in his interviews. I hope AVP IS DIED FOR GOOD. NO MORE AVP MOVIES. JUST GAMES

The AVP Preds were not helpless or weak, Celtic threw an alien across the room so how is he weak? Is it because the aliens were actually portrayted correctly is why you hate AVP? is it because you don't like the fact that an alien can kill a predator? Anderson may be more of an Alien fan but he didn't portray the predators as weaklings. one alien killed two predators and one predator killed 4 aliens so how is Anderson biased? not to mention the flashback scene with the alien head on a spear and the 3 predators killing a bunch of aliens on top of the pyramid. All I'm getting from your response is "I'm a predator fanboy and I think predators are gods!"

Ijapa

Ijapa

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Dec 05, 2009, 06:32:33 PM
I never heard them say that in the movie though, making it irrelevant.

It's subtext. It's not irrelevant, it's supposed to be inferred by the audience.

From the whole ship at the end of AvP? Or the elder Predator that also looked the same? Because they all looked the same.

Some Predators looked the same and you're throwing a fit? The movies didn't outright tell you Predators are a race of aliens?

Keyword there is race, brah. Race. As in species. As in like us. Humans. We're pacifists and soldiers and pot-smokers and straight edge. It should be expected that not all Predators are presented as following the same rules and honor codes as others of their kind. Those look-alike Predators could have been soldiers, guards, police.

Oh, and I like how you call AvP Predators weak while ranting about using only film evidence to make claims about the Predator. The only film evidence of Predators fighting Aliens up to that point was AvP. Furthermore, ya think Harrigan could melee an Alien Warrior like he did to the second Predator? Of course not. Aliens excel at melee. Heck, regardless, Scar one-shotted a creeping Alien with a shuriken. Celtic put up a helluva fight himself.  

Highland

I'm going to laugh my ass off if these new "predators" are the best damn predators ever put on film, therefore making about 16 threads on this forum a complete waste of time.

Maybe we'd be better off to just see what the things look like, just an idea...

Uncanny Antman

Yes, I agree.  Let's not have a conversation about anything that has not happened yet.  Everyone knows that talking about things is just wasting time better spent on...uh, I dunno.  Looking at things?

Aran

Master

Maybe this is their ritual armor to hunt Aliens? Just a tought.

jordan

Its not the armour, its the suit.  The suits are fatter and more bulked up.  You can see it on the behind the scenes stuff.

Johnny Handsome

Quotesoldiers, brah... soldiers. hence the same armour etc.
I guess that also explains the same skin, the same face, the same body's...  :P

Besides that, they were never meant to be 'soldiers'.

QuoteIts not the armour, its the suit.  The suits are fatter and more bulked up.  You can see it on the behind the scenes stuff.
Exactly, they bulked up the arms, legs and shoulders, making them more look like body builders, ADI even said in the AvP-R making of that they went with a much leaner body shape this time around.
Its not just the armour, hence why they had to make everything from scratch again.

Master

Chill Johny, you can`t change anyway. I started to think about them as a different subrace of predators. Ones with longer and thinner mandible and stronger body built.

If you look at all films with preds you clearly can find three subraces:
1st one is where we can count in p1 Pred and P2 elder. With more flat heads and X shaped mandibles.
2nd one is where we can count in P2 Pred and Wolf. More vertical head and T shaped mandibles.
3rd one is the one of AvP preds. Heavier with very long, thin mandibles.

Well in some time there will be 4th one with BSPs in it ::)

keylight-di

Quote from: Master on Dec 06, 2009, 04:46:15 PM
If you look at all films with preds you clearly can find three subraces:
1st one is where we can count in p1 Pred and P2 elder. With more flat heads and X shaped mandibles.
2nd one is where we can count in P2 Pred and Wolf. More vertical head and T shaped mandibles.
3rd one is the one of AvP preds. Heavier with very long, thin mandibles.

Well in some time there will be 4th one with BSPs in it ::)
@Master, I really like your classification. Clearly and simply explains everything. I wonder who will not agree now?  ;)
But we go back to the concept of "race" in the case of BSP?  ;)
Yea, I like it.  ;D

Pvt. Hicks

Quote from: Master on Dec 06, 2009, 04:46:15 PM
Chill Johny, you can`t change anyway.

People keep trying to counter him, what is he suppose to do?

At least he's not the one defending that trash.

Master

Master

Are you suggesting that I`m trying to defend it?

Well maybe you are right. After AvP-r my thoughts about AvP really went higher. But I still hate instant aliens and pred-human team up. Also I was very dissapointed that It lacks predalien. I was nearly certain that there will be one in it. And seeing how close Anderson was sticking to comicbooks it probably would look like Dorman`s creature. It`s a pitty that he wasn`t able to create sequel to first one. He is much more skilled than Strauses.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed