The Reviews/interviews Thread

Started by ikarop, Nov 27, 2009, 04:10:45 PM

Author
The Reviews/interviews Thread (Read 326,475 times)

Big Head Ninja

Well GT gave it a 7.7, that's quite close to an 8...

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

It was a good review neverless, better then what Gamespot give it. GS is the same site that give games like Monster House for the GBA like a  8/10 afterall ::).

MrBrokenTusks.

there is some nice words on avp in the latest game trailers invisible walls http://www.gametrailers.com/video/episode-95-invisible-walls/62144SKIP TO THE LAST 7 MINUETS

Big Head Ninja

It seems SEGA's advertising is taking place down here in Australia, Predator's on TV right now, brought to us by AVP ;D

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

How spoilery is the GT review? They seem to have a habit of giving away some of the best bits.  :-\

Drewid

Drewid

Quote from: Big Head Ninja on Feb 20, 2010, 12:03:02 PM
It seems SEGA's advertising is taking place down here in Australia, Predator's on TV right now, brought to us by AVP ;D
Which ads were they showing?  They're doing a similar thing here, Aliens last Thursday, Predator tomorrow.

MikkoM

MikkoM

Quote from: Drewid on Feb 20, 2010, 11:01:51 PM
Which ads were they showing?  They're doing a similar thing here, Aliens last Thursday, Predator tomorrow.

Well if I was representing SEGA, I would be very quiet about this game.  :-[

At first I couldn't believe that this game could be as bad as it is said to be in those reviews posted to this thread. However when I finally got the game and tried the predator campaign I realised that the game is exactly as bad as those reviews told us. The PC version feels like a very bad console port of a Playstation 1 game, and the predator feels more like a cloaked Wolverine than predator.  :'(

Nicely done game Rebellion. (NOT::)  >:(

And by the way, I actually liked the demo, as it showed much promise. And yes, predator is my all time favorite alien hunter.

stemot

stemot

Quote from: MikkoM on Feb 21, 2010, 05:33:17 PM
Quote from: Drewid on Feb 20, 2010, 11:01:51 PM

Well if I was representing SEGA, I would be very quiet about this game.  :-[

At first I couldn't believe that this game could be as bad as it is said to be in those reviews posted to this thread. However when I finally got the game and tried the predator campaign I realised that the game is exactly as bad as those reviews told us. The PC version feels like a very bad console port of a Playstation 1 game, and the predator feels more like a cloaked Wolverine than predator.  :'(

Nicely done game Rebellion. (NOT::)  >:(

And by the way, I actually liked the demo, as it showed much promise. And yes, predator is my all time favorite alien hunter.

Talk about completely over reacting  ::), I think this game has come closest to capturing the feel of the predator than any of the ones before it without a doubt.

Also, a 6.5 from Destructoid:-

http://www.destructoid.com/review-aliens-vs-predator-164318.phtml#ext

Worth saying that I have not witnessed the same bad multiplayer he has,  I also strongly diagree with the single player Predator comments.

tigerija

tigerija

http://www.destructoid.com/review-aliens-vs-predator-164318.phtml

This is best review I seen so far and its most fitting. I completely agree with everything he wrote.

MikkoM

MikkoM

Quote from: stemot on Feb 21, 2010, 08:50:59 PM

Talk about completely over reacting  ::), I think this game has come closest to capturing the feel of the predator than any of the ones before it without a doubt.

Worth saying that I have not witnessed the same bad multiplayer he has,  I also strongly diagree with the single player Predator comments.

So you enjoyed the "epic and effective"  :-[ shoulder cannon of the predator, which is not only very ineffective, but also runs out of energy very quickly and forces you to search for energy sources, while the marine`s primitive pistol has unlimited ammo?  :o What a joke. 

Also, I will of course try atleast the marine campaign and the multiplayer out, before giving this game my final player review (not in this thread), but so far it is not looking good for this game.  >:(

-mimic-

-mimic-

"AVP2 and legend do not belong together. AVP1, yes."

Im guessing you are a huge fan of AvP R.

Any Alien fan with a focus on quality would love AvP 2.

AvP 3 however... AvP R of the avp games.

Hive Tyrant

Hive Tyrant

Quote from: MikkoM on Feb 21, 2010, 11:31:46 PM

So you enjoyed the "epic and effective"  :-[ shoulder cannon of the predator, which is not only very ineffective, but also runs out of energy very quickly and forces you to search for energy sources, while the marine`s primitive pistol has unlimited ammo?  :o What a joke. 

It's a one-hit-kill.  :-\ Only thing it doesn't work against are sprinting Aliens, but that's for gameplay balancing.

stemot

stemot

Quote from: MikkoM on Feb 21, 2010, 11:31:46 PM

Also, I will of course try atleast the marine campaign and the multiplayer out, before giving this game my final player review (not in this thread), but so far it is not looking good for this game.  >:(

Ineffective? Are we playing the same game? Charge it up and it kills with one hit. The marine pistol has unlimited ammo because it is his last line of defence seeing as how he has no real melee as such. So yes, I enjoyed it a lot, and you need to learn the tools of the game properly before giving any kind of review.

Quote from: -mimic- on Feb 22, 2010, 12:10:57 AM
"AVP2 and legend do not belong together. AVP1, yes."

Im guessing you are a huge fan of AvP R.

Any Alien fan with a focus on quality would love AvP 2.

AvP 3 however... AvP R of the avp games.

Any fan with half a desire for semi decent AI and visuals that fit the subject matter or even good level design would rather play the superior AVP3.

Dusk

Dusk

Quote from: stemot on Feb 22, 2010, 06:49:14 AM
Any fan with half a desire for semi decent AI and visuals that fit the subject matter or even good level design would rather play the superior AVP3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOaTkBguS94

And I didn't mind the visuals. Sure, it all looked more cartoonish or like a comicbook, but it reminded me of the actual AvP comics. Also, it had a good story and narrative, that was much more enjoyable than AvP3's.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

The AvP comics are generally poor enough that recounting them isn't an experience too many want during a game experience.

One instance of the AI messing up doesn't undo the great Alien AI, especially when the game you're comparing it to was a step backwards in comparison to AvP'99.

AvP2's story wasn't so much better, it's just that the environments are much more co-dependent than AvP3's. AvP3 has a sort of linear progression that screams "VIDEO GAME", whereas AvP2 has a more believable setup that doesn't climax in one location in particular, but progresses more logically.
The thing that really sets AvP2 apart is the setup. A lot of stories (including AvP3) are just "HUR DUR RANDOMLY WE FOUND ALEENS". AvP2 actually thought about this and used the Pilot's telemetry from Acheron as a basis for finding LV-1201.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed