The Reviews/interviews Thread

Started by ikarop, Nov 27, 2009, 04:10:45 PM

Author
The Reviews/interviews Thread (Read 326,470 times)

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Jeux Vidéos.com (French website): 12/20
http://www.jeuxvideo.com/forums/1-146-8807450-1-0-1-0-12-20-jv-com.htm

Graphics (12/20):
The Marine campaign make illusion to let us avoid details of the set, we notice everything when the light is on.
Random and without soul or variety, the environments are from dark tunnels to square jungle. It's hardly correct.

Gameplay (11/20):
The promise of three different gameplay is anticing and almost done. Almost because Marine's gameplay is prehistoric, Predator badly exploit due to the bad AI and the Alien screwed suffering from the same problem as the level design.

Life Spam (12/20):
Count ten hours to finish the Single Player. The Multi Player is funny and offer a bonus to this new title.

Sounds (14/20):
(Well it actually mention that French voice use in it sucks which might be right, I hope I'll be able to set the game in English or I'll be ****** off.) The soundtrack are correct, from the movies perhaps due to the fact Rebellion didn't have enough imagination.

Script (10/20):
(They just say it s*cks badly and it doesn't help the game.)

Overall (12/20):
3 species, 3 different gameplay but 3 time less developed. Every campaign has strong point but there are the same amount of weakness. The gameplay is outdated and good idea of Rebellion never come to an end. We came across the SP without pleasure and we're never enthusiast to the linear content it deserves.
About the Multi Player full of promises, it suffers from a true slow gameplay and a big problem of balance.

The Same site rated AVP in 1999 18/20 and AVP2 17/20.

ikarop

ikarop

Gamedaily 7/10

z0diac

z0diac

Honestly, it amazes me how many of these reviews are polar opposites of one another.  Personally I'd rather have more consistency, whether it gets torn to shreds or praised up and down...

MrBrokenTusks.

Not a review but the is a cool achievement guide.http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=208066

JayHy17

JayHy17

IGN America review   7/10

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14322168/aliens-vs-predator-2009/videos/avp_vdr_021610.html

Its alllll personal opinions people. I agree with the UK review more than the American review. Seems like us yanks want pretty CoD games more than anything.

Chakan

Chakan

Hi everyone! I recently joined AVP Galaxy. I wanted to make a small contribution: Vandal Online (Spanish gaming website) gave AVP a 8.1

For those who want to check the review, you can click on the following link http://www.vandal.net/analisis/ps3/aliens-vs-predator/10165. The review is in Spanish, though :P

See you around, guys! Regards! ;D

dude63

dude63

I don't understand how people see metacritic like ZOMG. Its just a average. The game is getting fair to great reviews. Only 3 really bad scores for it. Plsu gt, 1up, giantbomb, angry joe (lol have not done their reviews yet. 1up is the one im really curious about.

BlackLord

BlackLord

I haven't played the new game yet since I'm waiting for the euro release so I play AvP2 in the meanwhile and guess what! The story isn't that great, the campaigns are short and the AI sucks.

From what I see the new AvP is like AvP2 with a bit different controls, better graphics and maybe (a bit) better AI.
For me and for fans whom were waiting for a new game featuring xenos and preds for 9 years this isn't a bad thing but for those who expected MW2 gameplay with Crysis graphics, engaging, complex storyline and *OMG* 'innovation' this game sucks badly because it probably plays like a game from late 90s hence the negative reviews.
People who complain about the lack of crouch and ironsights are completely miss the point though. When 4 xenos run at you, 1 on the ceiling 2 on the walls and one on the floor you won't have time to line up your sights and pick em off one by one, you will just spray'n'pray and hopefully hit them before they get too close. There's crouch in AvP2 but I only used it when I had to climb into airducts but I never ever used it during combat because it's just pointless against xenos and preds.

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Another spanish website's review (yeah, I'm spanish): http://www.meristation.com/v3/des_analisis.php?id=cw4b79cda5e9b94&idj=cw49930192052d2&pic=PS3
7.5/10

Puks

Puks

I feel like a really weird fan. All of you say how die-hard fans will love this game and how mainstream CoD/Halo fans will loath it.

Well, guess what - I'm a die-hard fan of the franchise(s) and never ever played Halo or CoD, yet the game is pretty decent, but still a failure in my opinion. Which category do I fit in?

BlackLord

BlackLord

There are no categories you have to fit in really. Just enjoy the game and forget about the negative reviews and what other people say on the internet.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Quote from: Puks on Feb 17, 2010, 08:50:01 PM
Which category do I fit in?

The 'we-get-it-you-don't-like-the-game-but-surely-you-can-allow-us-to-enjoy-it' category?

ikarop

ikarop

1UP Score: D

XxecutionerxX

The Ghoul

The Ghoul

i just looked at the gamestop website for no darn reason, they gave the game 10/10 i like that score lol.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed