The Reviews/interviews Thread

Started by ikarop, Nov 27, 2009, 04:10:45 PM

Author
The Reviews/interviews Thread (Read 326,492 times)

Jumbik

Jumbik

Quote from: GrimyGhost on Feb 15, 2010, 09:45:45 PM
Quote from: Jumbik on Feb 15, 2010, 09:40:23 PM
Well mostly the bad reviews are for the console version where the biggest issue so far is game controls... This is not an issue for PC version :) Good for me.

Graphics ... Im still playing original UFO for the atmosphere. No prob for me.
Level design ... well It can't be worse than Fear I suppose.
Game length ... it would bother me few years back when I had time to play 8+ a day but not now.

And what all the reviews missed and what will be one of the best parts... Multiplayer
imho the controls are worse  for pc, no sensitivity and there too spread out (yes i know you cam customize them but this game uses alot of keys)

I had no issue with PC controls at all. No need for analogs when I have mouse.

And too much keys? I played games that utilised the keyboard 3 times with shift, control and alt possibilities ... can't tell that AvP has too much keys to use.

bozer

bozer

Quote from: Jumbik on Feb 15, 2010, 09:53:49 PM
Quote from: GrimyGhost on Feb 15, 2010, 09:45:45 PM
Well mostly the bad reviews are for the console version where the biggest issue so far is game controls... This is not an issue for PC version :) Good for me.

Level design ... well It can't be worse than Fear I suppose.
Game length ... it would bother me few years back when I had time to play 8+ a day but not now.

And what all the reviews missed and what will be one of the best parts... Multiplayer
imho the controls are worse  for pc, no sensitivity and there too spread out (yes i know you cam customize them but this game uses alot of keys)

I had no issue with PC controls at all. No need for analogs when I have mouse.

And too much keys? I played games that utilised the keyboard 3 times with shift, control and alt possibilities ... can't tell that AvP has too much keys to use.
Agree with that. I had no problems with controls also on PC. Try arma 2 on PC :D

Steve C

Steve C

I actually felt like AvP had a shortage of key assignments on the PC version. 

Drewid

Drewid

Hahaa.  Like I said.
Quote from: Drewid on Feb 15, 2010, 06:55:53 PM
... classics  that people still play 15 years later,...

Puks

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

The majority of the reviews are still quite positive, Im really only looking forward to two reviews: GameTrailers and Hicks' review for this site.

Choirboy

Choirboy

lol at everyone that is trying to defend this game. It's an ok game, not great but not awful. >>Except it!<< All these comments about reviewers "not taking time to learn the controls" or "favoring games for financial reasons" - give me a f***ing break! Do you honestly think that someone whos job it is to play video games cant figure out the controls after finishing a game? And on the off chance they don't, is that an acceptable control scheme? Or could it possibly be that the game isn't perfect? You all seem to be forgetting that Rebellion hasn't made a decent game since AvP 99. To me it's a miracle that the same studio that brought you Rogue Warrior a few months ago delivered something other than pure garbage. I love ALIENS and i had high hopes for this game but to me it is clear that this has nowhere near the polish of a title like Cod or Halo. With all the shortcomings mentioned in various reviews i would say this is a 6/10 for action gamers and 8/10 for fans of the movies/universe.

afrocat

afrocat

Quote from: Choirboy on Feb 15, 2010, 10:42:20 PM
lol at everyone that is trying to defend this game. It's an ok game, not great but not awful. >>Except it!<< All these comments about reviewers "not taking time to learn the controls" or "favoring games for financial reasons" - give me a f***ing break! Do you honestly think that someone whos job it is to play video games cant figure out the controls after finishing a game? And on the off chance they don't, is that an acceptable control scheme? Or could it possibly be that the game isn't perfect? You all seem to be forgetting that Rebellion hasn't made a decent game since AvP 99. To me it's a miracle that the same studio that brought you Rogue Warrior a few months ago delivered something other than pure garbage. I love ALIENS and i had high hopes for this game but to me it is clear that this has nowhere near the polish of a title like Cod or Halo. With all the shortcomings mentioned in various reviews i would say this is a 6/10 for action gamers and 8/10 for fans of the movies/universe.
How can we take advice...from a dumbass who cant spell accept? This game is great, the melee system is deep though as with most games its not perfect. Any reviewer saying the game doesnt have great graphics is discredited due the fact the game uses Direct X11 and it looks amazing on that setting. So how come they dont mention it? And I had no trouble with the controls at ALL on my ps3.

Puks

Puks

What Choirboy said. Some of you guys would glorify this game even if it was a pile of dung. There are legit reasons for the game not scoring high in all reviews.

This is just a good AvP title, unfortunately it's nowhere near classic status like the previous ones.

afrocat: Chill out, the guy is not a native speaker, no need to bash him for a grammar error. Have you even seen the game with DX11? Mind you, DX11 really isn't some magic stuff which makes a game instantly awesome - some edges are more shooth, some textures more sharp and that's about it.

afrocat

afrocat

Being a gamer for the last...well since i was maybe six? and never playing avp until playing the avp2 single player I can honestly say this game is better than the huge pile of dung that is MW2. Holy shit that game is horrible. It really can't be overstated the extent to which Infinity Ward has destroyed that franchise for me. The most garish junior high peechee poem could not fully encircle their failure. They had all my friends obsessing, appearing nightly to take part in their howling, murderous ritual, and while we were able to endure the first few waves of inexplicable game behavior, soul by soul the faithful turned away. Keep in mind most of my friends dont play videogames much and are more into sports. AVP does lack some polish but its definitly better than the cheap ass shit that tends to come out these days. (FPS wise)

Choirboy

Choirboy

Fine, my grammar is off. How does this in any way reflect my point? And why would the reviews discuss graphical features like DX11 when it is (like all games nowadays) first and foremost a console game? And why do some people think it's so 133t to bash MW2? It's got nice graphics (better than most), excellent controls and a lot of contents. Not the best game out there, not my favorite, but i still can see that it has obvious qualities that far exceed AvP. I'm not hating this game, I'm actually really looking forward to it. I do not however pretend it is perfect.

yaji

yaji

Brother

Brother

Somebody is getting cranky cause of the bad reviews.

VEF214

VEF214

Spoiler

[close]
Cool picture.

Dajanksta

Dajanksta

Quote from: Choirboy on Feb 15, 2010, 11:19:18 PM
Fine, my grammar is off. How does this in any way reflect my point? And why would the reviews discuss graphical features like DX11 when it is (like all games nowadays) first and foremost a console game? And why do some people think it's so 133t to bash MW2? It's got nice graphics (better than most), excellent controls and a lot of contents. Not the best game out there, not my favorite, but i still can see that it has obvious qualities that far exceed AvP. I'm not hating this game, I'm actually really looking forward to it. I do not however pretend it is perfect.

I wish it was perfect buy you're right. It has a lot of room for improvement. Right now there is no way it can compete with the stuff out today. It lacking alot of things most games now have.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed