The Reviews/interviews Thread

Started by ikarop, Nov 27, 2009, 04:10:45 PM

Author
The Reviews/interviews Thread (Read 326,496 times)

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: safetyman on Feb 14, 2010, 12:59:08 AM
BioShock 2 is a 100% game code copy paste from BioShock 1, the only thing different is story.

Aren't most sequels? Stick with the same formula that works...Resident Evil 4 and 5 have the same mechanics, controls etc.

safetyman

safetyman

Except Bioshock 1 sucks = Bioshock 2 sucks.

predalien27

predalien27

Haha.   :D

First Blood

First Blood

That friend, is a matter of opinion .  ;)

The Ghoul

The Ghoul

Quote from: safetyman on Feb 14, 2010, 05:06:06 AM
Except Bioshock 1 sucks = Bioshock 2 sucks.
lol my friends love the game but i don't like it all too much either, i think its kinda stupid.  :D

afrocat

afrocat

I heard Bioshock 2's story actually manages to be equal/surpass it a bit on an intellectual level. Which is half the point of bioshock the other point being the gameplay which is also very much improved. Anyways I guessed AVP would get great reviews (but not perfect) so im glad people are taking the time to discover it's depth and not ragequit/suck like that douche from gameinformer. I will only ever steal gameinformers now for their exclusives then actually buy one haha. I think the sequel of AVP should greatly surpass this one to the point of 10 scores. (There I go thinkin of the sequel already)

MikkoM

MikkoM

Are there reviews released for any other platform than Xbox 360 yet?

As a PC player I would very much like to hear some opinions about the PC version of the game. Or is this yet again a classic modern gaming world case where Microsoft has made a several million dollar deal with some one, like SEGA for example, to ensure that all of the early reviews will exclusively be for Xbox 360?

stemot

stemot

Quote from: MikkoM on Feb 14, 2010, 03:01:42 PM
Are there reviews released for any other platform than Xbox 360 yet?

As a PC player I would very much like to hear some opinions about the PC version of the game. Or is this yet again a classic modern gaming world case where Microsoft has made a several million dollar deal with some one, like SEGA for example, to ensure that all of the early reviews will exclusively be for Xbox 360?

PCZONE gave it 82% and were very positive about it.

safetyman

safetyman

Quote from: First Blood on Feb 14, 2010, 05:58:41 AM
That friend, is a matter of opinion .  ;)

That's true.

In my opinion, Adopting Half-Life 2's fixation with physics, or rather, failing to do it correctly, doesn't make for a good game when the regular guns all feel like peashooters, and there are a million enemies in the game that you need to kill.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

QuoteResident Evil 4 and 5 have the same mechanics, controls etc.

Which is not a bad thing since why fix something that is not broken since I like RE5 better then I did with RE4 in my opinon. Gamestop review should be up soon in a few days and I'm pretty sure they will like the game.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Feb 14, 2010, 09:29:17 PM
QuoteResident Evil 4 and 5 have the same mechanics, controls etc.

Which is not a bad thing since why fix something that is not broken since I like RE5 better then I did with RE4 in my opinon. Gamestop review should be up soon in a few days and I'm pretty sure they will like the game.

I think you mean Gamespot?

elderwolf

elderwolf

QuoteGamestop review should be up soon in a few days and I'm pretty sure they will like the game.
they might but there giving bad scores out now like halo wars, fear 2 and dantes inferno all kickass games and there in the 6.0 or 7.0 if anything wait for a game-trailers one they go in depth in there reviews,

afrocat

afrocat

I disagree. Dantes inferno deserved that six. It takes ideas and inspiration from what I believe to be one of the most amazing epics of all time and then changes ridiculous amounts of content(I understand changing the direction so Dante fights but they couldve kept some of the circles of hell the way the were instead of putting in penis's and tits for "shock value". Oh and its a poor mans GOW3. At least some games that use other games mechanics(Like Darksiders taking GOW, Zelda, and Air..that airplane game)use it creatively and add something new. Gamespot is hard but usually...usually...honest with their reviews. Keep in mind they gave AVP an...8 I believe and AVP2 a 8.7. In fact Gamespot is the website with the least BS reviews but alas all websites have some. Gametrailers is good though most of the time, but your forgetting they said the AVP demo had brutal, sloppy, gameplay: http://www.gametrailers.com/game/aliens-vs-predator/10843?show=Gameplay#Content

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Is that Game Informer score for real!?!? That's rediculous! (In a bad way)

Big Head Ninja

Quote from: afrocat on Feb 15, 2010, 06:30:49 AM
I disagree. Dantes inferno deserved that six. It takes ideas and inspiration from what I believe to be one of the most amazing epics of all time and then changes ridiculous amounts of content(I understand changing the direction so Dante fights but they couldve kept some of the circles of hell the way the were instead of putting in penis's and tits for "shock value". Oh and its a poor mans GOW3. At least some games that use other games mechanics(Like Darksiders taking GOW, Zelda, and Air..that airplane game)use it creatively and add something new. Gamespot is hard but usually...usually...honest with their reviews. Keep in mind they gave AVP an...8 I believe and AVP2 a 8.7. In fact Gamespot is the website with the least BS reviews but alas all websites have some. Gametrailers is good though most of the time, but your forgetting they said the AVP demo had brutal, sloppy, gameplay: http://www.gametrailers.com/game/aliens-vs-predator/10843?show=Gameplay#Content

I don't think Gametrailers were saying the gameplay was bad, its more likely the 'brutal and sloppy' refer to the gore rather than the quality of the gameplay.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed