The Reviews/interviews Thread

Started by ikarop, Nov 27, 2009, 04:10:45 PM

Author
The Reviews/interviews Thread (Read 326,508 times)

PsychoticMarik

Quote from: Hive Tyrant on Feb 10, 2010, 04:14:20 PM
Quote from: PsychoticMarik on Feb 10, 2010, 04:10:22 PM
Quote from: Hive Tyrant on Feb 10, 2010, 03:39:46 PM
Quote from: PsychoticMarik on Feb 10, 2010, 03:37:18 PM
As for the predalien...this game doesn't have classes, so excluding the predalien as a MP skin is just lazy.
We don't know how it behaves in the story, but it doesn't matter. They could have simply taken a little extra time to rescale the model(if needed)and apply it to the regular alien animations.

Maybe you've missed something, but on the whole Predaliens are much stronger than regular Aliens. It would feel weird -- and wrong -- playing a Predalien without it being any stronger or faster at all.
No it wouldn't...this is MP. Its doesn't have to follow canon point by point.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't a praetorian stronger as well, and isn't that alien not even considered canon?
What about Grid? Isn't it weird that a alien character from the movies is running around in MP?
You cant use power to argue against it in MP. Its exclusion in that aspect doesn't make sense.

This is why I feel rather cheated out of a skin that you would have thought would have been a no brainier.

Dunno anything about the Praetorian.  :P Grid is just another ordinary Alien who happens to kick ass. I understand it doesn't have to fit canon, but it still feels absurd playing something I know should be 10x stronger.
I understand your view on it, but for the masses I dont think its a valid reason to exclude it.
Rebellion invented a alien with a 6 on its head, and even used a comic book alien.
It seems they were fishing for skins to fill the gap for aliens, but neglected one of the most well known and most popular. Aliens still have one less skin than the others, so I just dont understand its absence.
I'm still hoping its possible with DLC...

Hive Tyrant

Hive Tyrant

The Alien with the 6 on its head is the one you play in the campaign, IIRC. Seems logical to put it in the MP.
You have a good point, but it would still be weird for me.

PsychoticMarik

Quote from: Hive Tyrant on Feb 10, 2010, 04:18:59 PM
The Alien with the 6 on its head is the one you play in the campaign, IIRC. Seems logical to put it in the MP.
You have a good point, but it would still be weird for me.
Yeah 6 is from the story, and so it would be very odd to exclude that alien as well.
However...I kinda get the feeling that the six was done in part because they knew it could be a different skin in MP. I don't see anything wrong with that, but you get my point.

I guess were all just gonna have to wait and see. I would be surprised tho if they didn't release any DLC skins.

Aimless

Aimless

Quote from: PsychoticMarik on Feb 10, 2010, 04:17:33 PM
Quote from: Hive Tyrant on Feb 10, 2010, 04:14:20 PM
Quote from: PsychoticMarik on Feb 10, 2010, 04:10:22 PM
Quote from: Hive Tyrant on Feb 10, 2010, 03:39:46 PM
Quote from: PsychoticMarik on Feb 10, 2010, 03:37:18 PM
As for the predalien...this game doesn't have classes, so excluding the predalien as a MP skin is just lazy.
We don't know how it behaves in the story, but it doesn't matter. They could have simply taken a little extra time to rescale the model(if needed)and apply it to the regular alien animations.

Maybe you've missed something, but on the whole Predaliens are much stronger than regular Aliens. It would feel weird -- and wrong -- playing a Predalien without it being any stronger or faster at all.
No it wouldn't...this is MP. Its doesn't have to follow canon point by point.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't a praetorian stronger as well, and isn't that alien not even considered canon?
What about Grid? Isn't it weird that a alien character from the movies is running around in MP?
You cant use power to argue against it in MP. Its exclusion in that aspect doesn't make sense.

This is why I feel rather cheated out of a skin that you would have thought would have been a no brainier.

Dunno anything about the Praetorian.  :P Grid is just another ordinary Alien who happens to kick ass. I understand it doesn't have to fit canon, but it still feels absurd playing something I know should be 10x stronger.
I understand your view on it, but for the masses I dont think its a valid reason to exclude it.
Rebellion invented a alien with a 6 on its head, and even used a comic book alien.
It seems they were fishing for skins to fill the gap for aliens, but neglected one of the most well known and most popular. Aliens still have one less skin than the others, so I just dont understand its absence.
I'm still hoping its possible with DLC...

I would imagine that the main reason is because the predalien is already in the game in singleplayer and the model is seperate from the standard warrior model in that it is much larger, which you cant use due to the larger hit box attached to it. I suppose you could easily make a skin for the warrior model that would look like a predalien, but the idea of having 2 models for one creature (an mp and an sp model) may be confusing or just seem alittle pointless.

ikarop

ikarop

New interview with Dave Brickley at CVG, part 1.

PsychoticMarik

QuoteI would imagine that the main reason is because the predalien is already in the game in singleplayer and the model is seperate from the standard warrior model in that it is much larger, which you cant use due to the larger hit box attached to it. I suppose you could easily make a skin for the warrior model that would look like a predalien, but the idea of having 2 models for one creature (an mp and an sp model) may be confusing or just seem alittle pointless.
I dont see how it would be confusing or pointless in anyway.
Having more skins(mainly one as popular and well known as predalien)only adds to the games content.
It would give more alien variety(since most look almost exactly the same anyway)and give players more models to kill.

Still...I'm hoping for some DLC.

BSW624

BSW624

Quote from: ikarop on Feb 10, 2010, 06:29:01 PM
New interview with Dave Brickley at CVG, part 1.

Interesting read, sucks they only put half of it up so far...

Giger_Incubator

Why does everyone assume its not in there?  Just because its not in the multiplayer options, doesn't mean its not there.  Surely they wouldn't want to show all their secrets.

Avp3 ftw

Avp3 ftw

QuoteLet's be frank - the AVP movies suck, right?

Lol...I didn't think they sucked.

predalien27

predalien27

Quote from: Avp3 ftw on Feb 10, 2010, 10:42:32 PM
QuoteLet's be frank - the AVP movies suck, right?

Lol...I didn't think they sucked.
:o AvP:R certainly did.

Steve C

Steve C

Both movies sucked horribly, but Wolf was such a badass.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Quote from: Steve C on Feb 11, 2010, 01:20:48 AMbut Wolf was such a badass.

This is really off-topic, but no, not really.

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Quote from: Steve C on Feb 11, 2010, 01:20:48 AM

If by badass, you mean completely bathed script immunity and beating up on retarded weaklings then yeah I guess he was pretty badass.

PsychoticMarik

Quote from: Spaghetti on Feb 11, 2010, 01:52:29 AM

If by badass, you mean completely bathed script immunity and beating up on retarded weaklings then yeah I guess he was pretty badass.
Sounds alot like the predator from the first movie actually.

predalien27

predalien27

Quote from: PsychoticMarik on Feb 11, 2010, 02:26:13 AM
Quote from: Spaghetti on Feb 11, 2010, 01:52:29 AM

Sounds alot like the predator from the first movie actually.
Arnie was such a weakling!  ::)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed