The Reviews/interviews Thread

Started by ikarop, Nov 27, 2009, 04:10:45 PM

Author
The Reviews/interviews Thread (Read 326,473 times)

Hive Tyrant

Hive Tyrant

Quote from: ikarop on Feb 08, 2010, 09:34:55 PM
Also, another multiplayer preview at MLG. Includes some screens and a video preview.

You can set the maximum amount of players to join your game, the game mode, the map... and private slots? What is that?

newbeing

newbeing

QuoteIkarop should we be seeing more reviews this week for AvP or are we more likely to see them next week?

There should be more stuff coming by the end of the week.

Also, another multiplayer preview at MLG. Includes some screens and a video preview.

Have you guys received your review copy yet?

ikarop

ikarop

Not yet, I could be mistaken but I believe they've used a pre-gold version of the game for some of these early reviews.

Also, this seems to be a review from Igromania (Russian). Not sure since I don't understand a word from it but they gave the game a pleasent 95%.

Another preview at Igromania.

Giger_Incubator

Quote from: ikarop on Feb 09, 2010, 12:45:45 AM
Not yet, I could be mistaken but I believe they've used a pre-gold version of the game for some of these early reviews.

Also, this seems to be a review from Igromania (Russian). Not sure since I don't understand a word but they gave the game a pleasent 95%.

What the hell is that on the second page?  On the top right of the page, it looks like a T-Rex Alien or something.  If its a new Alien, I might like it if it is handled alright.

ikarop

ikarop

Terrible photoshop skills.

newbeing

newbeing

Awesome. Good to hear it got such a high score on at least one magazine. I somehow get the feeling that this game will be either loved or hated.

HannibalKing

HannibalKing

Quote from: RoyaleDuke on Feb 08, 2010, 07:36:55 PM
Print is Dead.

My geek senses flared up after reading that, so in light of what that line reminds me of and the GI interview...

Lets say this twinkie represents the normal rage of the avp community. Following the GI review, it would be a twinkie 35 feet long weighing approximately 600 pounds.

Non-joking aside, I'm kinda curious as to how the score range is going to end up, what with the 3 scores so far being 5.8, 8 and 9.5. (Edit: Well, the last one is a moot point since it wasn't a score.)

newbeing

newbeing

Quote from: Hive Tyrant on Feb 09, 2010, 12:32:25 AM

You can set the maximum amount of players to join your game, the game mode, the map... and private slots? What is that?

Private slots allow you to set up slots for friend only invites.

Hive Tyrant

Hive Tyrant

Quote from: newbeing on Feb 09, 2010, 01:22:25 AM
Quote from: Hive Tyrant on Feb 09, 2010, 12:32:25 AM

Private slots allow you to set up slots for friend only invites.

That's pretty nifty.  :)

Snoopy the cat

Quote from: ikarop on Feb 09, 2010, 12:45:45 AM

Also, this seems to be a review from Igromania (Russian). Not sure since I don't understand a word but they gave the game a pleasent 95%.

I used fine reader and google translator. Here you go:

It is surprising to observe how the value of a series of games Aliens vs. Predator varies from year to year. The first two parts dissimilar in many respects: they have different developers, different approaches and different levels of performance, but they share one thing - it was about the sharp shooters infantrymen. Ability to stay with something nasty and Champs intrigued, but has always been perceived as a sort of appendage, exotics, as an option - multiplayer trick. When you talk about the great AvP 2, you first of all remember, as a comrade dragged by the scruff of the hive.

But it happened that in 2010, to make a first-class fantastic shooter in the world is just a few commands, and Rebellion, alas, not one of them. We sincerely believed that the most interesting thing in the new AvP will play for the people, but familiarity with the first few levels of each of the three campaigns showed: in the equation, where there is a jolly, Alien and Predator, the last two variables - the most important. About all the facts one way or another related to Aliens vs. Predator, we have already written. Below - our impressions of how interesting to play it. And yes, this is really the last preview: release in late February, more - only a full review.

In space no one can hear you yawn

Judging by the first hour of the campaign for the paratroopers, the problem with the game in the next. First, the mechanics and the third part of the formal device AvP no different from the second - in the soul of this shooter in 2001, without setting sensible and interesting situations. In the WTO-ryh, this shooter is also quite predictable.

You walk along narrow corridors, inspecting every corner with a flashlight (you can throw and light saber), pokes at the screen, listening to his partner by radio, and the plot is supplied via audio recordings from the PDA dead comrades. A typical battle scene looks like this: you walk into a dead end, you on the radio warned of the danger (rather dangerous), the ceiling falls down a couple of strangers, you kill them and go straight through the nearest hatch - he just opened. There is not a carnivore, exaggerated horror Dead Space, no penny drive Area 51. There is only awe developers to favorite fantasy series and their superstitious fear of spoiling all their own inappropriate outburst.

There are, of course, and the bright moments - for example, the authors  trying to catch up with tension. For example, in one scene you're going to light a large spotlight, left on the floor. Designers specially installed it there to shadow stalking behind you Alien (and he really steals) has shown the huge. Reception, joking aside, good, but after it begins again boring walk through the corridors.

Chuzhoi not feed!

Surprisingly, in the other two campaigns, the game literally alive. The most interesting thing turned Predator - AvP in his skin immediately turns into a brutal, fast slesher: you can break enemies claws, grabbing his neck and pierce through. In addition, the Predator does blunders of Zaplechny guns and can jump on the respectable distance.

With strangers situation is more complicated. On the one hand, special-abilities they also interesting: they are faster, by pressing a special button can run up the walls and ceiling, but when it comes to violence with some no -whether gaping guards bite through his head or tail pierced. On the other - it is not clear how this campaign to build an entire scene and in general drive skorohodnogo stranger in the framework of staging of interesting situations. However, the classic scene of the escape of a flock of Aliens from the lab set for cheers - just feel a huge carnivorous cockroach, escape.

But the biggest surprise yet remained outside to give us a press version. Of all the possible rokirovok we saw only the most intriguing. Man vs. Predator - in such a combination even campaign for the people can suddenly shoot. Fighting with a smart, well-developed race far more interesting than a brainless savage beasts (although those of the opponents Predator the most brainless and violent - is another question). Since his position is certainly a collision will result in stealth operations. For example, on this "Igromir" We have demonstrated the level where he had to quietly get on a military base earthlings. Predator successfully coped with the task, surreptitiously tearing a head-sky Marines ringleader.

In any case nudnovataya campaign for the Marines - it is not so scary, especially if we assume that it is not de -barks rate. The most offensive blunder - narrative: all the old, the campaign for people individually, for a stranger - separately, for the Predator - otdepno. Anyone with a working imagination can easily deduce what would have happened if we periodically let's play something for those, then for others, within the same level. Just imagine the scene in which you, for example, steals with a flashlight in the skin of the Marines, and then szhiraete himself as a stranger.

In its present form Aliens vs. Predator - too conservative, too deliberate action, which the authors clearly understand how good was AvP 2, but because they lack the spirit to change something in his device. But there is Lance Henriksen, Aliens escape from the laboratory, on the belt Predator skull rattling and shaking hands convulsively squeezed Marines flamethrower. It seems that waiting for us "Terminator: Salvation" in the computer game format. AvP sample in 2010 - a collection of relics fan disguised as dorogushchiye dull blockbuster.

Text next to score 95% score:
Several gigabytes of fans' happiness, the museum two great fantasy films, released under the guise of a computer game. Never before has a series of PTAs did not refer to themselves with such narcissism.

ikarop

ikarop

Nice thanks! Did fine reader work for you? It didn't let me scan the pics, idk why. Which version are you using?

Hive Tyrant

Hive Tyrant

From what I can gather from the actual text, they don't even like the game that much. Why rate it 95%?

Steve C

Steve C

^^ Yeah, that was confusing.

Giger_Incubator

Not really a review as they had the preview version...

Snoopy the cat

Quote from: ikarop on Feb 09, 2010, 01:32:36 AM
Nice thanks! Did fine reader work for you? It didn't let me scan the pics, idk why. Which version are you using?

I used verion 10. Used the open command on the toolbar on the top, deselected the non-tekst areas, added russian to languages, right clicked on tekst, did a scan and it worked quite well :) Google translator still sucks tho :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed