The Reviews/interviews Thread

Started by ikarop, Nov 27, 2009, 04:10:45 PM

Author
The Reviews/interviews Thread (Read 326,486 times)

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Remonster on Feb 08, 2010, 02:43:55 AM
"For the runner alien, the team have added a projectile acid attack – it's a modified version of what we see in briefly in the latter two Alien movies. You won't have access to it when playing as the alien, but it's apparently an important balancing element in the human campaign."

I'd like to know why you don't, if they're already putting it in there...

I'd give it a slow-ish cool-down, to reflect that you'd literally be using your internal body fluid as a weapon, but there's no reason they shouldn't have it as a last-ditch mid-ranged option.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

'Cause it's dumb?

I know this all comes down to personal preference and interpretation, but I always thought the whole acid spit thing was pretty uninspired.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Feb 08, 2010, 08:59:46 AM
Quote from: Remonster on Feb 08, 2010, 02:43:55 AM
"For the runner alien, the team have added a projectile acid attack – it's a modified version of what we see in briefly in the latter two Alien movies. You won't have access to it when playing as the alien, but it's apparently an important balancing element in the human campaign."

I'd like to know why you don't, if they're already putting it in there...

I'd give it a slow-ish cool-down, to reflect that you'd literally be using your internal body fluid as a weapon, but there's no reason they shouldn't have it as a last-ditch mid-ranged option.

Yeah if its in there it should be able to be used by the player. Give it a cool down, minimal (light attack or less) damage, and short range (no more than 5-10 meters) but have it temporarily blur vision with small stun. Would be great. Wouldn't even give alien mid-ranged abilities (keeping them pure close range). Hell, make it so that if it doesn't hit the face it wont blur vision or stun.

I'd rather have it that the hiss button,

Quote from: MadassAlex on Feb 08, 2010, 09:22:18 AM
'Cause it's dumb?

I know this all comes down to personal preference and interpretation, but I always thought the whole acid spit thing was pretty uninspired.

Its in 2 of 4 movies and fits well with the alien in general, I have no problem with it.

Big Head Ninja

Eh, it's in there as a way to spice up Runners in the single player and give a bit more enemy variety rather than a full fledged ability for multiplayer. It would probably upset some of the balance. Besides, as Alex said, the whole acid spit thing is pretty lame.

HannibalKing

HannibalKing

I'm still having a good chuckle about the Predator being "too stealthy". It's quite like bashing a Tenchu game saying the Ninja are too stealthy.

kroenen77

kroenen77

Quote from: spychi on Feb 07, 2010, 07:03:17 PM

my advice for this "reviewer" don't even play games that require skill
gamers.at on the other hand gave it 81%....

Can you scan the Test for us? 81% is a good score for a moviebased game.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Quote from: Eidotemit on Feb 08, 2010, 09:25:30 AM
Its in 2 of 4 movies and fits well with the alien in general, I have no problem with it.

Doesn't really change the fact that it's a terribly stock ability for a creature that's otherwise highly distinctive.

spychi

spychi

Quote from: kroenen77 on Feb 08, 2010, 09:37:45 AM
Quote from: spychi on Feb 07, 2010, 07:03:17 PM

my advice for this "reviewer" don't even play games that require skill
gamers.at on the other hand gave it 81%....

Can you scan the Test for us? 81% is a good score for a moviebased game.

I'll ask my clan mate cause I'm not from Austria ;P

kroenen77

kroenen77

Hi..ah,ok..no problem.
I heard that this is the detail score from gamers.at for AVP:

Graphic 9/10
Sound 9/10
Handling 7/10
Story 7/10
Motivation 8/10

Single player 78%
Multi player 86%

OVERALL GAME 81 %

MP 86%..... ;D

newbeing

newbeing

Cool, that's about what I expected to see for this game. At least they mentioned the multiplayer. ::)

Ikarop should we be seeing more reviews this week for AvP or are we more likely to see them next week?

Edit:
Chud.com wrote up a preview for AVP

http://www.chud.com/articles/articles/22397/1/CHUD-CHECKS-OUT-SEGA039S-ALIENS-VS-PREDATOR/Page1.html

Navaha

Navaha

*Sets GI headquarters on fire* >:(

Alexa Chung

Alexa Chung

God forbid anyone but the community pour liquid excrement on the game.

Mastix

Mastix

Quote from: kroenen77 on Feb 08, 2010, 01:33:47 PM
Hi..ah,ok..no problem.
I heard that this is the detail score from gamers.at for AVP:

Graphic 9/10
Sound 9/10
Handling 7/10
Story 7/10
Motivation 8/10

Single player 78%
Multi player 86%

OVERALL GAME 81 %

MP 86%..... ;D
Can the review be found online?

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Quote from: MadassAlex on Feb 08, 2010, 03:41:25 AM
I'm not a fan of that kind of thing. I don't mind too much, but I don't see it as a necessity.

Really? I actually very much am for it. I believe, if done right, it could bring much to the alien gameplay.

Some_Guy

Some_Guy

People aren't happy with GI, it's not just us and other fans, this article is pretty good IMO about this whole thing: http://www.allegedly-speaking.com/features/avp_smear.htm

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed