The Reviews/interviews Thread

Started by ikarop, Nov 27, 2009, 04:10:45 PM

Author
The Reviews/interviews Thread (Read 326,504 times)

Chris!(($$))!

The goal as a Marine is to not let them close to you. Stay in a group or with the most narrow room and back to the wall and you should be good. Just hope they don't come in groups too.

Puks

Puks

And that's what being a USCM is all about.

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: Puks on Jan 06, 2010, 02:47:21 AM
And that's what being a USCM is all about.

In the ALIENS universe. YES staying alive because you know you are now the bottom of the food chain.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Quote from: dude63 on Jan 06, 2010, 02:37:11 AM
So, the marine should literally get butt @#$%ed? I don't see it as abig deal if give na chance for some type of counter menover for breathing room even just once is great news. However, if you feel the marine players should get shafted and butt @#$%ed..thats on you.

The Marine player's job is to prevent Aliens and Predators from closing the gap. If you fail to do that, you should be punished. It's not about 'another chance', it's about punishing the Marine for messing up.

dude63

dude63

I understand this..however when in a mode like deathmatch or team deathmatch. Its obvious people won't work as a team. Theres certain games where they will..but most will probably run around aimlessly. While I whole heartedly agree on closing the gap and not letting them get close. Its just something nice to have. Especially when your so out numbered. The sp campaign will mostly be you by yourself. Having a counter or gtf off me counter will be nice to have. The other species have some sort of counter..why not the marine? Its not a kill move by any means.  Also having this said counter doesn't mean its always going to work.

I don't think its retarded even if you do..and odds are the marine might survive these counters..so whats the big deal? Its kind of hard to keep them at a distance when the marine all he has is a pulse rifle and a motion tracker. While it works great..in game modes where people are running around aimlessly..not cooperating. Its gonna be hard to even make a dent. Its just something for balance. I mean in aliens we see whats her name pin a alien against a wall. Granted it was wounded..but what do you think the aliens in this game will be when you shoot them acouple times..wounded. You also don't even HAVE to counter if you don't want to. Its just a option each species has. The combat system is mainly a rock paper scissors combat system. The marine won't be engaging in these said melee encounters. The will be too busy spewing lead. Its also evident in the mp videos..that..counters didn't do crap to help the marines.

In the end I agree. Either way is fine by me..btu thats just me. I won't be butt hurt with it in or with it out.

Puks

Puks

QuoteWhile I whole heartedly agree on closing the gap and not letting them get close. Its just something nice to have. Especially when your so out numbered. The sp campaign will mostly be you by yourself. Having a counter or gtf off me counter will be nice to have. The other species have some sort of counter..why not the marine?

This feature was absent in both previous games and it worked just fine.

Quoteall he has is a pulse rifle and a motion tracker

With explosive-tipped standard caseless light armour piercing rounds. And shotguns, smart guns, miniguns, flamethrowers, SADARS and sniper rifles.

QuoteI mean in aliens we see whats her name pin a alien against a wall.

Vasquez. And she wasn't pinning the alien against the wall, but pushing it to the ground - big difference.

Quotecounters didn't do crap to help the marines.

So it's retarded, redundant and ineffective. Awesome game feature!

dude63

dude63

Woah my god roids. I didn't go all out like that. My point is..personally to me..its okay. I don't care. It doesn't afect me. If its there people will use it..but its not game breaking by any means. Its also just..a..game. Im sure the game will nail the same atmosphere as its predecessors (messed that up) and it will be one heck of a game. However, when you talk of "teamwork" and "co-operation" its kind of hard to do this on consoles when..most people just run around aimlessly and the ones who actually want to do stuff tactical..the tards on their team mess it up.

It will be a little bit before the people who actually want to experience the game for what it is show up. Granted fans will pick it up..but casuals will as well and..they will run n' gun like the next guy..making youtube videos on how the game is hard. Once these filler gamers are out then the multiplayer will shine. Until then its goin to be a cluster @#$% of stupidity.

Flashpoint dragon rising was the same way until everybody went back to cod and left it alone. Now the tactical players play it now and the game is great! Of course..once and awhile you do get the little kid who obviously doesn't know what a "map" is. "Idon't know where my objectives are..wheres the enemies!!??"..well did you try your map?

Vasquez still wreslted the Alien and pinned it to the ground. When I was talking of having just the pr and mt I was talking of initial multiplayer set up. I know that is all availible. I don't mind the counter feature..I don't care if its in or if its not..like I said I won't be butt hurt over a feature thats there that I don't have to use if I don't want to. The sp marine campagin is ment to be atmosphereic and freightening the last thing your gonna worry aobut is countering aliens. Yes the feature may be useless to a certain degree..but its there. Im sure it will provide some good fp animations. Also you ever think the alien standing over the marine might be a cutscene?

The counter we have seen on the pred is a melee attack boucning it back..but..marine got owned..gave him breathing room though. Even though he was splurting bullets hitting the predator and running away in a corner..the predator leaped at him dragon ball terminator style..and cut his head off.

Shardik

Shardik

Just to state the obvious but puks of course the marine counter feature wasnt in the previous games because the alien and pred could not latch onto you in both previous games. This is why it worked fine

Puks

Puks

I am quitting this discussion, because if I continued, I'd probably end up ranting about how trophy kills (stealth kills, n00b kills, whatever you call em..) would never be in the game, if it was PC exclusive. That stuff came from consoles.

Oh my, I did it again. Another console hate post. :D

dude63

dude63

How is stealth kills or trophy kills not be in the game if it was pc exclusive..remember its Rebellion. the ywould be the developer anyway. The trophy kills fit the universe and look hella awesome..but I guess things can't be awesome anymore..they have to please the pc community. Also stealth kills never existed before consoles? lmao!

I don't hate pc. I have some pc games..but I also have a console. Hating on any console pc or system maker is stupid beyond itself. If you truly are in disgust..you don't have to buy. You can't please everyone...even if Rebellion changed everything that was talked of..somebody won't be happy. Im just glad a game like this is coming out because its long overdue. Im also glad Rebellion was given the chance to make a proper next gen game. Not a rushed game with a minimal budget and reluctant publishers. Just be happy man, there is going to be things you like and things you don't like. Im sure yo uwill enjoy the game regardless..if not you can always buy modern warefare 2... :D

*stoping discussion as well. I presented my point..as well as you have presented yours. If you want to continue..I challenge you in MORTAL KOMBAT!!!!!*

Puks

Puks

Not disgusted at all - I will enjoy it, don't worry, just would've enjoyed it more if some things were made right in my eyes. And believe me - it wouldn't be in a PC exclusive title - fast button mashing sequences are a console thingy. Don't get me even started on Call of Duty - most overrated hyper-hyped game franchise ever (maybe Halo tops it). Never played. Never will.

I accept your challenge! Let the battle commence!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJ0fFgU22ls

Love that track.  :)

Edit: Don't get me wrong. Consoles are cool. I even had a PS one ages ago. Great for fight games, third person action games, arcade games, race games, etc., but I will always be a hating, bitching, butthurt douche when it comes to "slight" alterations in multiplatform FPS titles for the sake of console players. I'm fine with them as long as they don't f**k up the PC version too much.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Call of Duty is an awesome series. I've been playing since the first game, and I can tell you right now that the alterations made for the consoles' sake haven't detracted from the gameplay at all until MW2. CoD1, 2 and 4 are pure gold.

As for THIS game:

I reiterate that the Marines shouldn't be able to counter Alien attacks at the very least. The Predator has its own ranged weapons, but the Alien only has its claws, tail and inner jaw, so being able to counter it at the only distance it's effective at is just plain dumb in terms of multiplayer. At least one consolation (hah!) is that standard heavy attacks can never, ever be blocked and have good distance.

It makes a bit more sense for Predators to have Marine-blockable attacks, but I still don't like it, especially since in MP they start with no ranged weapons.

As for the inclusion of trophy, execution and stealth kills: I welcome the addition. Nothing forces you to use them, and they look like a fun alternative to spamming the attack keys.

Shardik

Shardik

I agree with you for the most part there alex, but i feel that the marines counters will do him little good with regards to aliens due to their speed, a marine shouldn't have the time to counter you, by the time he has finally realized your even there it should be to late.

affinity

affinity

Marines tier-wise are going to be the worst of the 3 species.   a counter block skill isn't gonna save them all the time.

Brother

Brother

Maybe it's another thing which separates them for the rest FPShooters. Huh?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed