Super Alien?

Started by Jango1201, Nov 12, 2009, 05:45:00 AM

Author
Super Alien? (Read 10,221 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SiL on Nov 13, 2009, 07:57:52 AM
Quote from: MadassAlex on Nov 13, 2009, 02:10:04 AM
You really get a good idea of how f**ked this franchise is when one of the original writers spews out retardation like that.
O'Bannon was like that from the beginning. Hill and Giler saved the script to no end.

Right on. I recommend reading the original Starbeast. It's somewhat poor. If it wasn't for the notion of the chest-burster the movie would probably have been passed up. Hill and Giler did a lot of re-writes to get Alien to where it was.

War Wager

War Wager

It confuses me how O'Bannon makes them out to be the bad guys...

Puks

Puks

Relax guys, Ridley is doing this so it should be ok. If done correctly, I wouldn't mind a (super) huge f.cking jockey alien.

If done correctly.

Brother

Brother

I think that going with a super or what ever new alien is a huge risk.

Xhan

Xhan

Quote from: War Wager on Nov 13, 2009, 07:15:38 PM
It confuses me how O'Bannon makes them out to be the bad guys...

Because David Giler is a gigantic dick. He's also resposnible for Ripley. So there ya go.

SiL

SiL

It's kind'a like James Cameron. Sure, the dude can make an entertaining movie; he's still an asshole.

Alexa Chung

Alexa Chung

I think I would be disappointed if I watched the film and it's the same bloody alien.

SiL

SiL

Cos, I mean, who goes to see a Godzilla movie to see Godzilla? Shit no, you go to see King Ghidorah and monkey-men from outer space.

Xhan

Xhan

and a flying dildo.

shakermakerman

shakermakerman

Quote from: SiL on Nov 15, 2009, 04:43:40 AM
Cos, I mean, who goes to see a Godzilla movie to see Godzilla? Shit no, you go to see King Ghidorah and monkey-men from outer space.

you on about that movie where they go to that planet?

SiL

SiL

Quote from: shakermakerman on Nov 15, 2009, 09:44:54 AM
you on about that movie where they go to that planet?
Most of the Godzilla movies in the late sixties till 1975 dealt with space invaders of some description. The monkey men were from Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla :P

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Shit, SiL, I sure as hell watch Godzilla movies for Godzilla, but King Ghidorah is a firm close second.

Tundro

Tundro

Quote from: MadassAlex on Nov 16, 2009, 12:08:28 AM
Shit, SiL, I sure as hell watch Godzilla movies for Godzilla, but King Ghidorah is a firm close second.

Hell yes my friend, I agree.  Godzilla's the shit.  I don't see what Godzilla has to do with a super alien, but he's bad ass none the less.

Jango1201

Jango1201

Quote from: Alexa Chung on Nov 15, 2009, 04:09:17 AM
I think I would be disappointed if I watched the film and it's the same bloody alien.

thats what Godzilla's example has to do with alien. Alexa does have a point and thats the plus side to having a different alien in the movies. You don't want to look at the same thing for every movie. However, subtle differences are good, abominations are bad.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Jango1201 on Nov 16, 2009, 04:03:48 AM
You don't want to look at the same thing for every movie.
I do. That's why I watch Aliens movies. To see f**king Aliens.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed