Alien Prequel to knock the AvP movies out of Canon?

Started by shakermakerman, Nov 02, 2009, 10:57:16 PM

Author
Alien Prequel to knock the AvP movies out of Canon? (Read 32,130 times)

chupacabras acheronsis

Fox doesn't care about the fans BAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

i really feel like you guys think the franchise mean something to anybody outside the fanbase. and the sad truth is that it doesn't. sure, a lot of people enjoy watching alien because its a "hurr scary movie" but that's it. the Mob is not very deep thinking. they don't care about canon, creature design, heck, these are the same people who watch twilight; you could put a turd in Front of them covered in Christmas lights and they'll clap. the point is, Fox is a monetary institution, they will do what profits them more, and in these days, any shit-sandwich movie well advertised will sell more than a masterpiece, and if we want a really good movie, it wont be made on a big studio anytime soon. we cannot bitch about fox ruining it, because fox doesn't make movies anymore, they make turds with Christmas lights on top of them.

SM

Quotei really feel like you guys think the franchise mean something to anybody outside the fanbase.

Why would you feel that?

Quotethey don't care about canon, creature design,

Don't recall anyone suggesting they would.

Quotewe cannot bitch about fox ruining it, because fox doesn't make movies anymore

They never have - they pay filmmakers to make movies.

Ha, ha.  Charade you are.

chupacabras acheronsis

Pvt. Hicks

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Dec 18, 2009, 12:35:54 AM

i really feel like you guys think the franchise mean something to anybody outside the fanbase. and the sad truth is that it doesn't. sure, a lot of people enjoy watching alien because its a "hurr scary movie" but that's it. the Mob is not very deep thinking. they don't care about canon, creature design, heck, these are the same people who watch twilight; you could put a turd in Front of them covered in Christmas lights and they'll clap. the point is, Fox is a monetary institution, they will do what profits them more, and in these days, any shit-sandwich movie well advertised will sell more than a masterpiece, and if we want a really good movie, it wont be made on a big studio anytime soon. we cannot bitch about fox ruining it, because fox doesn't make movies anymore, they make turds with Christmas lights on top of them.

You are making fun of fans complaining, but you are doing just that.

Mr. Domino

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on Dec 18, 2009, 01:51:06 AM
You are making fun of fans complaining, but you are doing just that.

And just what's wrong with satirizing a behavior that you exhibit?

MadassAlex

It's hypocrisy if you get too serious about it.

chupacabras acheronsis

i left pretty clear i wasn't serious with the huge BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWW ::)

Mr. Domino

Chupa's not serious about anything. Least of all whining.

SM

One should always take their whining seriously.

chupacabras acheronsis

chupacabras acheronsis

Quote from: SM on Dec 18, 2009, 07:02:55 AM

No, not on the internet. ::)

(and please don't ask me to come up with a better argument)

chrisr232007

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Dec 18, 2009, 12:35:54 AM

Hey South Park has done that already haha...Mr Hanky i think they call him

Brother

The X-mas poo.

SpaceMarines

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Dec 18, 2009, 02:22:36 PM
Quote from: SM on Dec 18, 2009, 07:02:55 AM

No, not on the internet. ::)

(and please don't ask me to come up with a better argument)

I demand a better argument! *slams fist on table*

chupacabras acheronsis

l3awl3ag

l3awl3ag

I have a serious question. If the AvP movies are regarded as canon that would mean that humans would have come into contect with aliens before the Alien movies, since the AvP movies are set way before them, so how come in the first two Alien movies nobody knew what they were or how to deal with them?

Surely that alone is enough to "knock" the AvP movies out of canon? Or am I missing something? I must be, I've barely watched any of these movies more than once each.

Also isn't "canon" usually determined by the fans? Especially in cases like this where no one else cares lol. Thats most of YOU. If you say it isn't canon, it isn't canon.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed