cloaked predators

Started by ElderPredator, Jun 21, 2007, 09:15:36 PM

Author
cloaked predators (Read 4,783 times)

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Ultrasonics, my friend.  We wouldn't hear shit.

Noir-Gojira

Noir-Gojira

Well, that would depend entirely on the sophistication of the process.  Bats are audible to the naked ear when they fire their clicks, even if the actual pulses themselves can't be heard.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

My point is, the fact that Aliens do not click or chirp in the films is no reason to assume that echolocation doesn't play some part in their senses.

BKS_tmo

BKS_tmo

Quote from: Noir-Gojira on Jun 23, 2007, 06:06:33 AM
Bats are audible to the naked ear when they fire their clicks, even if the actual pulses themselves can't be heard.
Bats use frequency from 14,000 to well over 100,000 Hz, mostly beyond the range of the human ear (typical human hearing range is considered to be from 20 Hz to 20,000 Hz).

Any way, this is dolphins head:

...and in my theory, anatomy of alien head is similar to dolphins. Something like this:

PS. paint rules ;D

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

The norm is to have one melon.  We don't know enough about how they work to assume that two would be an advantage.

Along those lines, having two distinct brain masses so close yet so far from each other would seem to be counter-productive.

Out of curiosity, was there any specific thinking to your diagram, or did you just circle random spots?

Nychus

Nychus

I've always felt that the Aliens have several different, non-vision based senses that, when combined, help them to be perfectly aware of their surroundings, those being the pheromone detection, sonar location(which we can't hear, assumingly because it has a very high frequency) and electric impulses.

BKS_tmo

BKS_tmo

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Jun 23, 2007, 11:53:44 AM
The norm is to have one melon.  We don't know enough about how they work to assume that two would be an advantage.
Toothed whales emit a focused beam of high-frequency clicks in the direction that their head is pointing. Sounds are generated by passing air from the bony nares through the phonic lips.These sounds are reflected by the dense concave bone of the cranium and an air sac at its base. The focussed beam is modulated by a large fatty organ known as the 'melon'. This acts like an acoustic lens because it is composed of lipids of differing densities. Most toothed whales use clicks in a series, or click train, for echolocation, while the sperm whale may produce clicks individually.

It is reasonably, to assume that two side sonar would be advantage. It is like you have radar in your head.

Along those lines, having two distinct brain masses so close yet so far from each other would seem to be counter-productive.

C'mon dude, this is draft drawing! I drawit in half of minut.

Out of curiosity, was there any specific thinking to your diagram, or did you just circle random spots?

>:( >:( >:(

Yo, what was that for!?! Of course i was thinking, do you really think that i was circle "random" spots?

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: BKS_tmo on Jun 23, 2007, 07:16:02 PM
Yo, what was that for!?! Of course i was thinking, do you really think that i was circle "random" spots?

It's a legitimate question.  You spelled melon as "malon" and circled two areas of different size near each other as "brains" without giving any particular reason.  It may be a draft drawing done quickly, but you still chose spots for a reason, no?

Is there any particular reason why you gave the Alien two brain masses, or was it a "2 brainz iz bettah than 1" type thing?

BKS_tmo

BKS_tmo

Ups, sorry for "malon" thing, my english is bad.

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Jun 24, 2007, 03:50:07 AM
Is there any particular reason why you gave the Alien two brain masses, or was it a "2 brainz iz bettah than 1" type thing?

Second brain is "little brain" (Cerebellum), and in alien head cerebellum is almost big as telencephalon (cerebrum). That is why am draw two circles, but i made another mistake with "brains"

Im sorry for misunderstanding.

Nightmare

Nightmare

considering the alien 3 vision...they at least can see like us and hear, but i like to think that they have a lot more of ways to see/sense/smell/whatever they surronding, the vison and sound from a3 didnt look to much evolved....they are sensible to light, sinse they see, also the fact they come mostly at night means they sense light (or absence of it).

altough the fact they come mostly at night may be because they know that humans have bad vision at night,(since they were "fighting/hunting" humans in aliens) but if we had good night vision and bad day vision they probably would avoid coming at night and come out during day, if we had good vision they would come...how the hell is it sauid in english?.....anyone here saw the "reign of fire" movie? i mean the day time dragons cant see very well...ya know the time beetween day and night where isnt either dark or either sunny.... its impossible to say this without knowing more about aliens inteligence....

any more theories? it could also be depending on tne host characteristics?

my keybord is running out of battery so some words may be incomplete, sry for that

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Nightmare on Jun 24, 2007, 09:58:13 PM
considering the alien 3 vision...
I still don't think that was how the Alien actually sees, just putting us in its place.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed