'Predators' to Start Filming Sept. 28

Started by JaredK21, Aug 14, 2009, 03:55:44 PM

Author
'Predators' to Start Filming Sept. 28 (Read 12,461 times)

JaredK21

"Production Weekly says that director Nimrod Antal is scheduled to beging filming Predators on September 28 at Robert Rodriguez's Troublemaker Studios in Austin, Texas.

Produced by Rodriguez, the new film is said to involve a very intense group of people stranded on a Predator planet discovering unspeakable horrors - that are not always from outside their group.

20th Century Fox is releasing the sci-fi action-adventure, written by Alex Litvak and Michael Finch, on July 7, 2010."

Source: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=58060

Vulhala

WTF?

I can't imagine that would be real. They haven't even got a finalised script or cast yet, so I heavily doubt this.

JaredK21

Why not? They still have over a month to get everything in order. And you don't know for sure just what exactly they have finalized.

Vulhala

True, but that's way too fast. And I never believe articles that have a release date before the movie has even started shooting either. If it's true and they do throw the thing out that quickly, then Predboys you can rest assured, this film is going to be ass.

Unlucky  :D

JaredK21

Just because a movie starts filming early doesn't mean it's going to suck! That's a good thing IMO, because then they will have a lot of time in post production (the time that really counts when making a movie great) to get it right.

And just to reiterate, we don't know how much they've already done in pre-production. We've known about this movie for a few months now so I'm sure they've been doing SOMETHING productive right??

Darkness

It's about right if they're wanting to meet the July 2010 target.  The script will have been completed for a while now.

Johnny Handsome

QuoteThey haven't even got a finalised script or cast yet, so I heavily doubt this.
You seem to forget that Rodriguez always works that way, he started to write a script and the movie came out 6 months after! I don't know which one it was though, but a one that included heavy special effects.

They are already writing for months now, the script might as well be finshed until next week for all we know, and the cast? He already said he has a few people in mind months ago, so that shouldn't be a problem either.

Maybe the movie feels rushed for a big studio movie, but not for Rodriguez, he always done movies that way, its part of what makes studios come to him in the first place. Fast, in budget and quality movies.

QuoteAnd I never believe articles that have a release date before the movie has even started shooting either.
But you should on this one, the German FOX website has officially announced the movie for the 8th July 2010.

QuoteIf it's true and they do throw the thing out that quickly, then Predboys you can rest assured, this film is going to be ass.
Just read the points i made above, time means nothing, the Strauses had almost a year of post, all they managed to give us was a movie that was way too dark.

Its part of Rodriguez's process, i don't worry the slightest bit about the release date and time, they will pull it off.

I'm actually happy this coming out next year.

Shasvre

This is great, no long waiting time for this one.  :)

Lt. Mike Harrigan

I'm remaining cautious... hopeful, but cautious.

Drago-Morph

I . . . They're not even giving themselves a year of filming, let alone a year of making the entire movie? This movie is going to fail so hard your head will spin. A good movie needs time to make, and while a bad movie can still come out with all the time in the world, a good movie can't happen without it. I have officially written this film off.

Predboy

Quote from: Vulhala on Aug 14, 2009, 04:01:34 PM
If it's true and they do throw the thing out that quickly, then Predboys you can rest assured, this film is going to be ass.

Hey, hey...why are people starting to do that? >_>

slipknotpredator

Awesome! Cant wait, hope its better than AVP ones...

ShadowPred

Next year already?! Well, that means that a trailer will be up and running by Early 2010....damn, here's hoping it's nothing like the original script.

slipknotpredator

Quote from: ShadowPred on Aug 14, 2009, 05:46:44 PM
Next year already?! Well, that means that a trailer will be up and running by Early 2010....damn, here's hoping it's nothing like the original script.

:o whats wrong about the original script? were i can read that?

RakaiThwei

Quote from: slipknotpredator on Aug 14, 2009, 05:52:41 PM
:o whats wrong about the original script? were i can read that?

HERE, you can read the original script at:

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=24511.0

Go ahead and read it... and tell me if you think pissing Predators and slave trading is still a good idea.

I'm not looking forward to this movie.

-Rakai'Thwei

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed