Would you welcome a new form of Alien?

Started by Oooodz, Aug 13, 2009, 08:20:07 AM

Author
Would you welcome a new form of Alien? (Read 22,308 times)

SiL

SiL

We had host traits in Alien, we can hardly 'blame' Alien3 for it.

And as much as Cameron dropped the ball, what he did with the Aliens before that point was sheer white-knuckle genius from a cinematic stand-point - Giving them the speed and wall-walking capabilities to better infest your shit and kill you dead. Alien hinted at it, Aliens put it in wide-screen, and I've never heard anyone complain.

SM

SM

QuoteALIENS detailed the life cycle more clearly and at the same time gave us the closest thing the creatures have to a "social structure", if the term even remotely applies.

ALIEN 3 pointed out the adaptability of the Alien's growth cycle, by clearly making the Alien resemble a quadruped.

ALIEN: Resurrection implied that the Alien's biology falls under the conventions of human biological theory.

All that falls under expanding and developing - nothing's been explained.

The adaptability was there all along - it's just the fact that Alien3 brought it to the fore.  And as such Resurrection didn't make any great leaps.  It just took the current thread and went further with it.

There is still no explanation as to why they do the things they do - except to survive.  And even then, why do they sometimes kill and sometimes capture?  How does the whole 'DNA reflex' work?  How does an embryo get inside someones chest anyway??  How can a hugger breathe for a host?

SiL

SiL

We're all forgetting the most important question.

Who the f**k put that safety pin on Parker's shirt?

SM

SM

And what happened to Ash's legs!!

SiL

SiL

The Alien took them as munchies.

Also, can we all agree that whatever was on its way, the little dots advancing on the motion tracker screen are still pretty much one of the most terrifying things in the series? Seriously, the care-bares could'a been in the ceiling and that scene would still be tense, Cameron's complete screw-up with the distances notwithstanding.

SM

SM

And the fact those things would give away your position something chronic.

Queen - Harken to the machine that goes PING my children!!!

SiL

SiL

That always seemed a bit of a problem. Only one side really needs a motion tracker - the other just needs good ears.

MadassAlex

If, indeed, "ear" is the correct term when considering the Alien.

brain_damage

I would like to see a new species, but something original, not some lame shark alien...

And they really should increase Alien  speed- don't get me wrong, but I just hate the way Aliens stare at victim for like 10 mins before headbiting, if I were a marine and it's staring at me...well bye bye alien face

I like original smooth alien head, all glossy and stuff, gives me the creeps, reminds me of old bald people

Sagit

As for the question in the topic: If it's a Space Jockey: Yes I want to see it. A new xeno form..? No I don't.

xenomorph36

no thanx

SM

SM

QuoteIf, indeed, "ear" is the correct term when considering the Alien

They respond to sound - ear is as correct a term as anything else.

Friendly Wise

Quote from: eforeffina on Aug 14, 2009, 01:16:54 AM
http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=25208.0

something like that design without the skull exposed HELL YA

The first four I'm not to crazy about, but the last three look great.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

No thanks me laddie!

No more novelty monsters, please! - I just want my primordial and nihilistic battery-driven steel toothed hermaphrodite super-dildo beast back, because the throbbing dark void in my soul - always hungering for more, needs to be stuffed, pummeled and filled!  :'(  :'(  :'(

They should go back to the basics and brush up on what has been (almost) lost and forgotten. The prequel should re-invoke the might and horror of this all too familiar favorite Alien of ours, which shouldn't be that hard since the Alien has such potential. Directors just have to look beyond the genious but oh so limiting Alien concept that Cameron presented and somehow/sadly established.

The Alien we encountered in Alien was bizarre, weird and truly alien to us. Its behavior didn't make any sense; it was curious but straightforward, observing yet blind, graceful as well as brutal, god-like yet fragile... It was truly the psychosexual nightmare oddity being its infamous species has been labeled as ever since.

Instead of defining the boundaries of the Alien, Scott should explore the abyss Cameron veered away from (...which Fincher briefly revisited and Jeunet unintentionally bastardized) so valiantly. What we need is another twilight plunge into the boiling cold/freezing hot undertows that Giger, and his fellow surrealist brethren, Lovecraft and the likes of Freud envisioned for us back in the days... Viva la weirdness!  8)

SM

SM

QuoteNo more novelty monsters, please! - I just want my primordial and nihilistic battery-driven steel toothed hermaphrodite super-dildo beast back, because the throbbing dark void in my soul - always hungering for more, needs to be stuffed, pummeled and filled!

How long have you been waiting to use that?  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed