John Carpenter's The Thing vs. Alien or Predator

Started by Predator Collector, Aug 01, 2009, 07:36:00 AM

Author
John Carpenter's The Thing vs. Alien or Predator (Read 39,208 times)

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

This is my speculation on how battles between predators, aliens and the thing would go.

Alien plan of attack.
While undetected during imitation, when changing, the thing would stick out like a sore thumb to all in the hive. They would attack it in the traditional manner. Of coarse, this would result in several drones becoming infected. However, they do learn fast and would soon realize their predicament. Most likely, after moving the queen and her eggsack to a safe location, they would use the environment to their advantage. This hive would be in contact with humans, so, being an alien planet, their would be an atmosphere processor. They would lure it there, cocoon up all the entrances and leave several drones inside to destroy the cooling system. In four hours, no more thing.  

Predator plan of attack.
Predators would have far more options available, but they have the most simple solution. After several of their own got infected, it would be agreed upon to just blow the damn thing up. They would know how to test who was uninfected, probably in a similar manner to MacReady's blood test. After determining who is still pure, get all them out, send in some warriors. Wrist bombs armed, they hold it there and boom. No more thing.

If humans managed to put up a decent fight (hey, they did pretty damn good man), xenomorphs and predators would have a good chance as well.

SM

QuoteThey would lure it there, cocoon up all the entrances and leave several drones inside to destroy the cooling system. In four hours, no more thing. 

Except Aliens don't seem to appreciate the ramifications of a ruptured cooling system.

Predator Collector

Predator Collector

Quote from: TheMonolith on Aug 10, 2009, 02:53:27 AM
This is my speculation on how battles between predators, aliens and the thing would go.

Interesting speculation. However, I think that your "Alien plan of attack" and "Predator plan of attack" is debatable. :)

SM

So if a Thing takes over an Alien and a Predator shoots it and gets acided, but survives - the Thing in the Alien's acid blood cells will still take over the Predator.

Righteous.

SiL

Quote from: TheMonolith on Aug 10, 2009, 02:53:27 AM
Alien plan of attack.
While undetected during imitation, when changing, the thing would stick out like a sore thumb to all in the hive. They would attack it in the traditional manner. Of coarse, this would result in several drones becoming infected. However, they do learn fast and would soon realize their predicament. Most likely, after moving the queen and her eggsack to a safe location, they would use the environment to their advantage. This hive would be in contact with humans, so, being an alien planet, their would be an atmosphere processor. They would lure it there, cocoon up all the entrances and leave several drones inside to destroy the cooling system. In four hours, no more thing.  
This assumes ... a lot, really.

Such as, Aliens understanding the relationship between the cooling system and the processor, Aliens understanding that fire and explosions hurt The Thing, etc. Also, those few infected Aliens - why do they not go and assimilate more Aliens? What happens to them?

The Aliens outrun them? How?

SM

In slow motion of course.

The fact the AP Station was falling down around the Queen's ears and she sat there doing sweet FA, shows Aliens don't really get the concept of malfunctioning cooling systems.

Shame really.  Seeing as the original Alien was smart enough to know when to bug out.  Cheers, Jimbo.

SiL

They could cut the power, but not realise that the hive exploding was maybe a sign they needed to maybe leave. I love continuity!

Predator Collector

Quote from: SM on Aug 10, 2009, 06:18:37 AM
So if a Thing takes over an Alien and a Predator shoots it and gets acided, but survives - the Thing in the Alien's acid blood cells will still take over the Predator.

Righteous.

I honestly was thinking of that as well. ;D

SM

QuoteThey could cut the power, but not realise that the hive exploding was maybe a sign they needed to maybe leave. I love continuity!

"Is it just me or is it warm in here?"
"Ah... it's your imagination"

Xenomrph

Quote from: TJ Doc on Aug 09, 2009, 11:03:42 PM
Do we know at what point during the story
Spoiler
Palmer (the guy who 'Thing's out' during the climax of the blood test scene)
[close]
was replicated? Or are we just supposed to use our imagination?
Remember when the Dog-Thing walks into someone's room, and you see their silhouette on the wall turn to look? That was him.

TJ Doc

^ Ohhhhhhh...

But I though that was Norris.

Gates

I'm with Monolith on this...after all, there has to be some set of rules regarding the Thing...it can't just float into the center of a quasar and replicate the matter present...it's not perfect...so in my fantastically magic alterverse, were these three creatures meet (somehow), this is how it would play out:

ALIEN - We start at Stage One of the Alien life cycle, Thing has to be something moving already - searching for the next creature to replicate, it won't just sit still in ambush somewhere, it wants to spread...so Thing replicated creature strolls into a cave with our favorite alien's egg, it triggers the facehugger and allows itself to act as a host (I know, I'm stretching, but the Thing played along and allowed itself to be tied and tested before it reacted violently), if anything, because it's like, "Hey! New creature to copy. Cool Beans!"...by now, facehugger has been doing it's thing and an embryo is on the way...FH comes off and a piece of Thing replicated creature comes off with it, starts doing it's thing, becomes a FH and scurries off, whatever...our Thing replicated creature gets up carrying a cute and cuddly lil' xeno embryo...embryo matures, Thing thing convulses and drops, alien born...Thing creature is not dead, so it gets back up and carries on doing Thing related things...chestburster matures, appearance is similar to whatever the Thing originally copied...extra bonus: auto-replicating exoskeleton, +Infinity stealth pts...alien gets up and continues doing xenomorph things...the end...

PREDATOR - Much simpler...predator mask picks up on whatever it is that the fat Doc with glasses (Blair?) saw through his old ass, early 80s era microscope (Predator tech pwns human tech, no contest here)...so our predator knows something is fishy in Chinatown with Thing replicated creature the minute is comes into view...it puffs it's chest out and plasma casts it...mask still picks up on molecular activity, plasma casts again - repeat...Thing thing is reduced to a pile of ash, or whatever...predator is mad he has no trophy, runs along all PMSing...the end...

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccck the Thing..!

DISCLAIMER: I love The Thing, great creature, great story...but this is AvP, sellouts...go blow the Thing on it's own forum... ;)

Xenomrph

Quote from: Gates on Aug 10, 2009, 08:08:19 PM
I'm with Monolith on this...after all, there has to be some set of rules regarding the Thing...it can't just float into the center of a quasar and replicate the matter present...it's not perfect
However, we know it can replicate living organisms perfectly. If we don't know of limitations when replicating living organisms, why should we assign some to it?

Quote from: Gates on Aug 10, 2009, 08:08:19 PMDISCLAIMER: I love The Thing, great creature, great story...but this is AvP, sellouts...go blow the Thing on it's own forum... ;)
Hey, I love AvP and shit, but I'm just being honest here. :P We don't have to fellate Aliens and Predators just because this is an AvP forum, and condemn all other grudge-match contenders. :P

Xhan

Xhan

Replicate CARBON/PROTEIN organisms from Earth perfectly.

Organism from other worlds, maybe.... maybe not.

Selthera

I will give props to the "Thing", however, isn't it possible the Aliens would simply start spitting large amounts of acid at it? After all, if they disintergrate it before it has a chance to adapt, that would be one feasible way of killing it.

Of course, I will concede, contact with a single Alien and instantaneous win.

I agree, "F" the Thing in the "A"

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed