The Alien Homeworld

Started by Doctor_Tennant, Aug 01, 2009, 05:13:02 AM

Author
The Alien Homeworld (Read 34,061 times)

Navaha

Navaha

Seems to me that if they evolved, rather than were created by the Jockeys, that their homeworld is probably extremely inhospitable, and any other life there is as tough, if not tougher, than the xenomorphs are.

visagepoissons

visagepoissons

Quote from: Navaha on Feb 07, 2010, 08:07:20 AM
Seems to me that if they evolved, rather than were created by the Jockeys, that their homeworld is probably extremely inhospitable, and any other life there is as tough, if not tougher, than the xenomorphs are.
Oh shit. O.O We do NOT want to go there...

keylight-di

keylight-di

Moreover, other creatures would be not only at least similar, but probably even more aggressive. We can't forget that Xenos are parasitical-carnivore species, with complex development cycle. This implies the conclusions about their potential, past victims / hosts.

It could be very... interesting place...  ;)

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

It was implied by O'bannon that 426 WAS the Aliens homeplanet.

Of course it was also implied by him that eventually after their initial lifecycle they'd develop super intelligence and become sophisticated.

The Alien we see in Alien according to him is just an infant.

That said, O'bannon's script was almost completely overhauled by Giller/Hill and Scott has directly contradicted O'banon's interpretations himself.

Take from it what you will.

SiL

SiL

I thought O'Bannon maintained that at the very least the Jockeys found the eggs on the planet.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Didn't the movies make sure that the eggs weren't "native"?

Navaha

Navaha

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Feb 08, 2010, 08:26:18 AM
Didn't the movies make sure that the eggs weren't "native"?

I was under the impression that the Space Jockey ship was carrying the eggs and just crashed into Acheron when the pilot was facehugged.

Danger Close

Danger Close

I got the impression from reading the 1979 novel by Alen Dean Foster, that the eggs came with the ship. It's been a while, but they don't spell it out either. Better that way I think.

Now that I think about it.... perhaps the ship was sitting on the cavern that held the eggs. I know that they discribe the descent as seeming too deep to still be in the ship... hold on, I will check.

Danger Close

Danger Close

Sorry for the double post...

Chamber with the hole looked like a cargo hold to Dallas. They find an odd urn shaped thing, different material than ship(egg). It has a broken or jagged top.

Thought hole was an access shaft, no ladder or hand holds. smooth wall all the way down.

No other doors or opening in the "Cargo Hold" rigid walls, looks like the inside of a whale, ie the ribs.

Dallas thought hole was a regular part of the ship, given the even regular sides. considered explosion, but sides are to smooth.

Kane notices heat comming from below, suit reading says Kane is below ground level, shaft had the same surface all the way down, Kane confirms that this is another chamber on the ship.

Kane thinks it is a cargo hold, with bare walls and high ceilings. This cargo hold has "sott, flexibe look" opposed the the solid bone ribs.

On closer look, Kane can see that the stuff on the walls is not part of the ship, looks organic.

Kane is sure he is in a storage area. Finds the same urn like objects, looks like the Urn's are being stored in the Lower chamber. Looks to be arranged to somebody's concept of order.

There you go, that's what the novelization says about the ship and the aliens on board.

I would say the Aliens Homeworld is not LV-426.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

The Alien novel is Alan Dean Foster's interpretation of the script.

The Alien universe is one notorious for its muddled history.

You have O'bannon-Shushett, Giler-Hill, and Ridley Scott all having different interpretations.  Scott thinks the Aliens were being carried.  Obannon implied they were from Acheron, I'm not sure what Giler or Hill thought.

Who knows.  It really begs the question who has the final say in the matter.  Is it the original creator (Obannon), or the guys that rewrote the script (Hill and Giler).  Maybe even Scott since so many of his interpretations are evidenced on screen.

Danger Close

Danger Close

Foster's novel dosen't have the Space Jockey either, insteat it was an egg found up top.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed