Egg Morphing or Queen?

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Jul 31, 2009, 01:19:55 PM

Which would you rather see in this movie?

Egg Morphing
79 (23.4%)
Queen
96 (28.4%)
Both
103 (30.5%)
Anything except the Predalien's reproduction method
60 (17.8%)

Total Members Voted: 323

Author
Egg Morphing or Queen? (Read 91,000 times)

Snowdog

Snowdog

Both. I like the idea of a hive. So when there is a queen around she is responsible for the survival of the group. But when a drone is wondering off like in the first alien. Then for the creature to survive and create it's own clan it needs to use egg morphing.

arachnophilia

arachnophilia

Quote from: Valaquen on Feb 08, 2011, 01:52:59 PM
Quote from: OmegaZilla on Feb 08, 2011, 01:39:11 PM
Quote from: arachnophilia on Feb 01, 2011, 02:03:38 AM
Quote from: Gash on Feb 01, 2011, 01:55:02 AMI admire what Winston did with the Queen, but I don't like the design much myself.
i suppose it doesn't quite have that giger flair to it.
Ironically, considering that the Queen was designed after the study of Giger Paintings.
And Giger said it was designed just as he would have done.
you know, he may have said that, but i'm highly skeptical of the claim that he would have designed her the same way. after perusing quite a lot of giger's art, i'm quite convinced a giger-designed queen would be less insectoid, and a lot more erotic. more like this:

Valaquen

Valaquen

Giger says as Giger says.

Meathead320

Meathead320

Quote from: arachnophilia on Feb 09, 2011, 03:32:49 AM
Quote from: Valaquen on Feb 08, 2011, 01:52:59 PM
Quote from: OmegaZilla on Feb 08, 2011, 01:39:11 PM
Quote from: arachnophilia on Feb 01, 2011, 02:03:38 AM
Quote from: Gash on Feb 01, 2011, 01:55:02 AMI admire what Winston did with the Queen, but I don't like the design much myself.
i suppose it doesn't quite have that giger flair to it.
Ironically, considering that the Queen was designed after the study of Giger Paintings.
And Giger said it was designed just as he would have done.
you know, he may have said that, but i'm highly skeptical of the claim that he would have designed her the same way. after perusing quite a lot of giger's art, i'm quite convinced a giger-designed queen would be less insectoid, and a lot more erotic. more like this:

Then again not everything he does is so openly sexual. His Puma-Alien design had effeminate lips were the only really sexual thing about it, and that was Fincher's idea.

Fair enough that it would have been different than what Cameron made, but Giger did like Cameron's design, and Cameron is a good designer himself.

The T-800 still being one of my favorites.

The Queen looks very good IMHO, granted that is subjective.

She is FAR better than some of the other takes on the Alien. Like the fleshy AR Aliens.

Valaquen

Valaquen

T800 and T1000 :D

arachnophilia

arachnophilia

Quote from: Meathead320 on Feb 09, 2011, 03:44:26 AMFair enough that it would have been different than what Cameron made, but Giger did like Cameron's design, and Cameron is a good designer himself.

agreed. i do actually quite like the queen design.

Valaquen

Valaquen

There was a nice comparison of the Queen's hands with those of Giger's Alien Monster IV.

EDIT: Here

RobHowell14

RobHowell14

For that poll I just wanted to say that The Predalien reproduction thing is not just for predaliens its for any juvenile queen supposedly, at least thats what the brothers said but it still upsets me cause if you don't watch the extra stuff on the dvd you would never know that and it upsets me cause now im afraid any predalien in upcoming movies might have this little trait when THEY SHOULDN'T!!!! because there is NO good reason a Normal Predalien should have this ability unless it has something to do with the predator reproductive cycle which it does not which you find out when reading the books. so eggs or queen or baby queen would all be fine but NO MORE Predalien queens unless we get a movie showing a full grown one in a hive all hung up like in Aliens to have some explanation and in the same movie having a NON queen hybrid.

arachnophilia

arachnophilia

interesting. it's not quite there, but i can see a definite similarity.

SM

SM

If something is inspired by something else, it doesn't really need to be quite there.

Meathead320

Meathead320

Quote from: SM on Feb 10, 2011, 04:10:08 AM
If something is inspired by something else, it doesn't really need to be quite there.

Agreed 100%  :)

arachnophilia

arachnophilia

Quote from: SM on Feb 10, 2011, 04:10:08 AMIf something is inspired by something else, it doesn't really need to be quite there.

no, i know. i'd never noticed the similarity before.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed