RIDLEY SCOTT, OFFICIALLY DIRECTING!!

Started by Giger_Incubator, Jul 31, 2009, 04:09:35 AM

Author
RIDLEY SCOTT, OFFICIALLY DIRECTING!! (Read 60,171 times)

DoomRulz

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jul 31, 2009, 02:38:37 PM
Things I want-

-James Cameron to have atleast something to do with it- it would be so badass to see Scott and Cameron shake hands and put a sick Alien movie out!

-Colonial Marines; I don't care how they get in there, but I just want them there.

What? Cameron and Scott have two completely visions of how the Aliens are supposed to live and survive. Scott created the mysterious creature that no one had seen before, and Cameron turned it into a mindless space bug. Neither one of them would work together on it.

Why do we need Colonial Marines? Marines don't meet the creatures until Aliens, so they would just be in there, for the sake of being in there. They'd serve no purpose.

Johnny Handsome

Great news indeed, i never thought that would happend, but thankfully i was wrong.

Biomec Alien again? Hell yeah!

Now why didn't they hire McTiernan to direct Predators? The guy is out of prison a long time now and just waits for the next gig.

ShadowPred

Ridley Scott......just hire HRG already and be done with it.

severen76

severen76

Quote from: SiL on Jul 31, 2009, 05:14:29 AM
Quote from: xenomorph36 on Jul 31, 2009, 04:24:35 AM
i hope the queen will return and not use the egg morphing method.
And I hope the opposite. Screw the Queen.

This.

Looking forward to hearing more on this now.

Space Sweeper

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 31, 2009, 02:42:19 PM
Things I want-

-James Cameron to have atleast something to do with it- it would be so badass to see Scott and Cameron shake hands and put a sick Alien movie out!

-Colonial Marines; I don't care how they get in there, but I just want them there.

What? Cameron and Scott have two completely visions of how the Aliens are supposed to live and survive. Scott created the mysterious creature that no one had seen before, and Cameron turned it into a mindless space bug. Neither one of them would work together on it.

Why do we need Colonial Marines? Marines don't meet the creatures until Aliens, so they would just be in there, for the sake of being in there. They'd serve no purpose.
The director visions thing is pretty true, but I have to disagree with the Colonial Marines- who said they survive their encounter? I didn't even mention how much they should do with the movie. But, with Aliens being the only of the movies with CMs, I think it would beat a rag-tag group of barely armed people again; although, that seems to be more Ridley's style-- so I won't question his genius.

Space Sweeper

Quote from: SiL on Jul 31, 2009, 05:14:29 AM
Although seriously, given his more recent films? ... at least it'll look pretty.

...So I'm assuming you haven't seen American Gangster...

Space Disc Jockey

Space Disc Jockey

Things I want-

-Suits and Mechanics over CGI for the Alien/Aliens; it was so much more convincing that the stupid, shitty AvP ones!

Things I DON'T want to see-

-A living Space Jockey; I know everybody wants it- but seriously- how would you fit one of those in without completely taking away from the Xenomorphs? Think about it; it would ruin tention, and mystery.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Here's an excerpt from a Cameron interview in 2006:

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=22405

JAMES CAMERON: "Yeah. Ridley and I talked about doing another ALIEN film and I said to 20th Century Fox that I would develop a 5th ALIEN film. I started working on a story, I was working with another writer and Fox came back to me and said, "We've got this really good script for ALIEN VS PREDATOR and I got pretty upset. I said, "You do that you're going to kill the validity of the franchise in my mind." Because to me, that was FRANKENSTEIN MEETS WEREWOLF. It was Universal just taking their assets and starting to play them off against each other."
-------------------------------------------------------------

It's possible Cameron might have somekind of producer role...he's of course, not writing the script now.

I'm not interested in seeing Colonial Marines in an Alien prequel movie. Besides, I think it worked fine that the first movie was about a crew and then the second film INTRODUCED Colonial Marines...going back and re-introducing Colonial Marines is a bad idea. I'm sorry. It would work for a future Alien or AVP film, but not an Alien prequel.

I completely agree they should just stick to suits/practical effects and maybe they will, for the most part...but I have a feeling, that there will be CGI used in places to just enhance certain scenes or parts of the creatures that can't be easily done practical. And also, we are talking about Ridley now...he will know how to make the effects look good and convincing! It will be interesting if he brings back Giger or not.

And finally, your comment about not wanting living Space Jockeys...I'm sorry, but you're going to be disappointed, as that is EXACTLY what's going to happen. This film is going to explain the Jockeys and will show us the Alien homeworld, and of course, how the Aliens and Jockeys connect to each other. Yes, the mystery is going to be gone, but I want to see it solved and only Ridley can do it. I'm VERY curious to see living Jockeys and how they fit into the Alien universe. I want to know what happened to the Jockey in the Derelict and what the hell the Derelict REALLY was.

Not only that, but I'm sure we are going to see the origins of Welyand-Yutani explained in a different way, than what we have seen. Since AVP is a seperate franchise...we can think of it as cannon and therefore, Ridley and co. can come up with a different story of how Weyland-Yutani was formed or who Welyand and Yutani really are.

I'm VERY happy and excited, Ridley is back to tell the "Alien: Origin". Only he should be able to tell us what happened, before the events of "Alien".

vehtam

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Jul 31, 2009, 02:53:03 PM
Biomec Alien again? Hell yeah!

Yeah, with adi on board, never going to happen. If they will be attached to this project, then expect AVP molds painted silver  ::)

I hope they ditch adi, then H.R. definetly would like to go back to his creature i think. But as long there's adi, there won't be biomech. They were biomechanizing Chet and look what a f***ing disgraceful turd it was.  >:(

That Yellow Alien

At least there is no way it can be worse then the AVP films. Right?

Space Sweeper

@Space Disc Jockey

*Looks at your name*

*Looks at your avatar*

*Looks at your Forums Signature*

*Looks at my list of things I don't want*

Oh, Shiiiiiiit...

Hahaha! Well, I read all of what you said, and man- Ridley better deliver on the SJs, because that is going to be a massive leap for the series! When I first heard of the whole Space Jockeys thing before, I swear it was just speculation though, how he said "exploring the Space Jockey's origins was something I alway was interested in".

PHANTOM

Has Fox Entertainment gotten their heads out of their asses? Did Tom Rothman get fired or did he take a long look in the mirror and realize how much of douche he is?

I don't believe this news, I really don't.

It's too good to be true. Ridely Scott to direct another Alien film? lol yeah right! Keep dreaming guys, thanks for the joke I needed a good laugh today :D

Space Sweeper

Quote from: PHANTOM on Jul 31, 2009, 04:07:15 PM
Has Fox Entertainment gotten their heads out of their asses? Did Tom Rothman get fired or did he take a long look in the mirror and realize how much of douche he is?

I don't believe this news, I really don't.

It's too good to be true. Ridely Scott to direct another Alien film? lol yeah right! Keep dreaming guys, thanks for the joke I needed a good laugh today :D

...you seem pretty sure of yourself- I think you should (like me) just wait until you hear the words from Ridley himself's mouth, until you orgasm/nay-say

DoomRulz

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jul 31, 2009, 03:21:13 PM
The director visions thing is pretty true, but I have to disagree with the Colonial Marines- who said they survive their encounter? I didn't even mention how much they should do with the movie. But, with Aliens being the only of the movies with CMs, I think it would beat a rag-tag group of barely armed people again; although, that seems to be more Ridley's style-- so I won't question his genius.

Eh...it's weak. Scott can do action, but I don't think he was ever big on what Cameron did with his movie.

PHANTOM

Until I see a clip of Ridley Scott telling the camera "I will direct Alien 5 for my beloved Alien fans!"

I just don't believe it. Sorry, too good to be true. This isn't like Fox to allow such good and positive things like this to happen.

Space Sweeper

Quote from: PHANTOM on Jul 31, 2009, 04:21:57 PM
This isn't like Fox to allow such good and positive things like this to happen.
Now, THAT SHIT IS TRUE. Sons of bitches cancelled Arrested Development- I mean, heh, come on!!! Why the f**k would you f**king cancel Arrested Development!!??! It got the highest praise, a shitload of awards, and it was one of the funniest shows ever!

Man, your right- f**k FOX... f**k FOX..

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed