MARVEL Multithread

Started by Shasvre, Jul 27, 2009, 08:24:36 AM

Author
MARVEL Multithread (Read 1,200,368 times)

Sabby

Sabby

I'd heard it was very light on action scenes, but what was there was top notch.

I just want another Winter Soldier.

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

BOM: "Disney and Marvel's Black Panther exploded to an estimated $75.8 million on Friday, the eighth largest opening day ever, just over the $75.5 million Captain America: Civil War started with before opening with $179.1 million. Early estimates have Black Panther targeting a three-day opening around $185 million and a $210+ million four-day debut. The film scored an impressive "A+" CinemaScore."

frenchfries

frenchfries

i thought the movie was great and had the best villian in the mcu by far

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes members ratings are near the same, 7.8, 8.0 respectively.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Really really enjoyed it. I didn't really know what to expect but I found myself pretty gripped by near enough every aspect of the film.

bb-15

bb-15

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 19, 2018, 09:24:16 AM
Really really enjoyed it...

Overall I liked the film and its message.
Some core themes reminded me of "The Lion King".

Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 16, 2018, 09:33:00 PM
They could have done more with Klaue, though. Serkis is such an entertaining nut here that it's a shame he wasn't a bigger part of the film.

Klaue is Serkis' best live action character imo.
I also wish there was more of him in "Black Panther".

Quote from: mez86 on Feb 17, 2018, 03:21:18 PMThe villain is a massive improvement compared to other Mcu films tho.

Agreed. The villain is good.

Quote from: Magegg on Feb 18, 2018, 02:45:15 AMFirst half is really, reeeaaally subpar... but from the middle onwards, holy f**k! it just goes uphill from there...

While I liked it overall, there were things which bothered me about it.
- I'm looking forward to getting it on Blu-ray so I can turn on the English subtitles. The accents in a theater were sometimes hard to follow. A Blu-ray would also make some early shots easier to see.

I watched the Red Letter Media review and they complained about Forest Whitaker.
I thought he was fine. I think of him as the new Sean Bean (with Game of Thrones as an example).

;)

Nychus

Nychus

Judging by the good word of mouth, this one's likely to be in my future to-watch list. It's like Blade all over again.  8)

ace3g

SM

SM

lol "Grootsplaining".

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

Black Panther joins the Billion Dollar Club.....

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:    $562,015,601      52.1%
+ Foreign:    $516,600,000      47.9%
= Worldwide:    $1,078,615,601   

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

Black Panther now five consecutive weekends as the number one movie. Will this weekend be number six? I believe Avatar holds the record at 7 weekends, but I don't know if it has been broken since then.

D88M

D88M

Quote from: Sabby on Feb 18, 2018, 03:51:36 AM
I'd heard it was very light on action scenes, but what was there was top notch.

I just want another Winter Soldier.

The action scenes are generic, there is nothing that stands out about them and the CGI is unfinished, what really stands out is the great casting and visual design of everything. It is one of the best mcu movies, but when most of those movies are bad, that is not saying much sadly. And there are still forces jokes, but not as much as in 2017 mcu, which saw their worst movies so far, with Ragnarok being crowned as the worst mcu movie yet. Everything that you might have read about this movie being the second coming of Christ is hyperbolic bullshit. Is an okay movie. At least they treat the character with respect for a change.

I doubt we will getting another TWS, which might be the best mcu movie yet, but Infinity War looks like it could actually be good, but maybe the real thing comes in part 2.

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: D88M on Mar 23, 2018, 03:18:15 PMIt is one of the best mcu movies, but most of those movies are bad
Sure a lot of people in the forum will agree with that :P

ace3g

ace3g

Sabby

Sabby

Finally saw it. That was a whole lot of nothing. Like, Thor 2 levels of forgettable. Wakanda didn't even look interesting, it was one or two Thor Ragnarok street sets reused with some alterations.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed