Godzilla
101 (75.4%)
King Kong
25 (18.7%)
I don't know?
8 (6%)

Total Members Voted: 133

Author
The GODZILLA thread (Read 2,516,998 times)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Jigsaw85 on Apr 07, 2021, 09:04:55 PM
I'm so sick of people saying that the Transformers movies have no heart. I felt more emotion for Optimus and his struggle with his faith in humanity than I ever did for the brainless lizard. At least transformers had real characters with real problems unlike this movie where the characters are only there to explain the plot. I'll always remember Sam and Cade, I don't remember the name of a single character in this movie.

:laugh:

Jigsaw85

Jigsaw85

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 07, 2021, 09:10:29 PM
Quote from: Jigsaw85 on Apr 07, 2021, 09:04:55 PM
I'm so sick of people saying that the Transformers movies have no heart. I felt more emotion for Optimus and his struggle with his faith in humanity than I ever did for the brainless lizard. At least transformers had real characters with real problems unlike this movie where the characters are only there to explain the plot. I'll always remember Sam and Cade, I don't remember the name of a single character in this movie.

:laugh:

laugh all you want. I'll take a struggling single father just trying to put his daughter through college over a forgettable science lady trying to get the big monkey to find a magic rock or whatever.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Nah seriously man, the first Transformer I can somewhat understand the appeal, it has it's moments and I kinda dig it. But after that...

Jigsaw85

Jigsaw85

I don't understand why people give the first one a pass (I mean I liked it) and just dismiss the third and fourth. I know Revenge of the Fallen is the biggest piece of shit ever, but if you're willing to accept a movie about a kid buying his first car just so he can get into a girl's pants while searching for a magic Rubik's cube that turns vending machines into transformers then why can't you get into Transformers 4, a movie about Optimus struggling with his faith in humanity while a corporation builds it's own robot with the aid of the head of a fallen villain, who then takes said robot to China where it comes to life and wrecks Hong Kong. Oh wait, that's the plot of Godzilla vs Kong and it gets 75% on Rotten Tomatoes for some reason. I guess big, loud, dumb, poorly written movies are only terrible when Michael Bay makes them. ::)

426Buddy

426Buddy

I just think they're all so bad.

I haven't seen this but I didn't like KOTM and only parts of G14. I dig Skull Island though.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

At least Bumblebee was pretty good.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Jigsaw85 on Apr 07, 2021, 11:37:53 PM
Oh wait, that's the plot of Godzilla vs Kong and it gets 75% on Rotten Tomatoes for some reason.

It's the first truly big movie, that feels like a movie since the pandemic started. It symbolizes a return to normalcy and that has people amped up. And that's not counting the fans who have waited an extra year just to see it. Like the movie, we've all just faced a giant adversary and have overcome. It's a big deal to all kinds of people right now, and on many levels.

As time goes by, and things keep returning to normal, those tomatoes may go slightly more rotten. Right now, its barely been in theaters for a few weeks and it's riding one heck of an unusual wave. It's not going to be unfairly regarded as some great masterpiece once all is said and done. But it will be remembered as part of the pandemic saga, and likely in a positive manner.

SiL

SiL

I don't understand why people give the first one a pass (I mean I liked it) and just dismiss the third and fourth. I know Revenge of the Fallen is the biggest piece of shit ever, but if you're willing to accept a movie about a kid buying his first car just so he can get into a girl's pants while searching for a magic Rubik's cube that turns vending machines into transformers then why can't you get into Transformers 4, a movie about Optimus struggling with his faith in humanity while a corporation builds it's own robot with the aid of the head of a fallen villain, who then takes said robot to China where it comes to life and wrecks Hong Kong. Oh wait, that's the plot of Godzilla vs Kong and it gets 75% on Rotten Tomatoes for some reason. I guess big, loud, dumb, poorly written movies are only terrible when Michael Bay makes them. ::)
Imagine thinking two movies having the same plot means they must be the same quality :laugh:

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

It seems like Michael Bay desperately wants to make a Coen brothers movie, but with the military and explosions.

Huggs

Huggs

Get him to remake driving miss daisy.

Jigsaw85

Jigsaw85

Quote from: SiL on Apr 08, 2021, 12:34:03 AM
Imagine thinking two movies having the same plot means they must be the same quality :laugh:

You're right. Age of Extinction at least has an amazing blend of CGI and practical effects, superior cinematography, a more memorable score, better villains and characters that actually undergo some character development. Age of Extinction is obviously the superior film.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Jigsaw85

Jigsaw85

Laugh all you want, Prove me wrong. By the way, I'm not saying it's a great movie, do not misunderstand me. I'm just struggling to understand why Godzilla Vs Kong, an objectively bad film is getting such praise after 10 years of everyone ripping on the Transformers movies for pretty much being the same thing, did everyone just decide overnight it was ok to lower the bar?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I had fun with Godzilla vs Kong. And I could make sense of the action. And I find the worldbuilding stuff here fun in a silly, 60s Toho kind of way. It's endearing.

The Transformers installments I've seen bored me and were an incomprehensible mess.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed