Godzilla
101 (75.4%)
King Kong
25 (18.7%)
I don't know?
8 (6%)

Total Members Voted: 133

Author
The GODZILLA thread (Read 2,516,951 times)

Kradan

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

I gotta bring up that they didn't utilized Kong's intelligence and mouth full of fangs more in these fights. There were plenty of times that Kong could have bitten into Godzilla's throat or gills when Godzilla was biting him as well or made use of his brains to set up environmental traps for Godzilla to fall for. I saw a lot more agility and resourcefulness from Peter Jackson's King Kong when he fought three V-Rexes. Godzilla could have been a bit staggered more from taking hits from his weakpoints like the gills, have Kong's mind running the gears and see him use that new info in the new fight or use Godzilla's rage to run into a trap Kong had ready for him.

Fight was amazing, but it was missing somethings here and there.   

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I don't know, I thought Kong was pretty smart to keep preventing Godzilla from using his atomic breath.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

They probably accentuated the differences between Kong and Godzilla's attacks (punches/kicks vs bites/tail strikes) in the second half to give them their own style of fighting. I think it worked.

Immortan Jonesy

BigDaddyJohn

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Apr 05, 2021, 08:40:05 PM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Apr 05, 2021, 07:55:03 PM
😒

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1379018148570091522

Honestly I don't know if he's being sarcastic or not.

He's mocking at stuff all the time, so you might be right.

mez86

mez86

i would love to see a hollow earth tv show or film. plenty more monsters in their to have fun with

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Apr 05, 2021, 01:04:29 PM
Quote from: Stitch on Apr 05, 2021, 11:13:11 AM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Apr 04, 2021, 10:34:27 PM
A story and it's characters maybe ?
I think it would have been better with more of a balance of screen time between Godzilla & Kong.

Have the human reaction to Godzilla's rampage, and show the evacuation and military response. Have team Kong in a race against time to get the power source because big G is too powerful to stop and Apex say they have a way to stop him. It's only a minor variation on what was delivered but it would make the stakes a bit higher.

Also, more ground level shots showing how big the creatures are - when you're viewing things from Kong's perspective, it throws the sense of scale off.

It is true Kong has clearly more screen time than Godzilla, he's the one moving the plot forward. Regarding human reaction to Godzilla's rampage, it has already been done in the last two entries, maybe it would have been redundant at this point.
Maybe, but it worked in all the Japanese Godzilla films. There was obviously stuff filmed for it as well, hence why we had 10 seconds of Lance Reddick, it just didn't make final cut.

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Apr 05, 2021, 06:39:29 PM
They probably accentuated the differences between Kong and Godzilla's attacks (punches/kicks vs bites/tail strikes) in the second half to give them their own style of fighting. I think it worked.

Fighting styles if fine to differentiate the kaiju's abilities but Godzilla used all his natural abilities in the battle, such as large claws to maul Kong on the chest and even used his size, weight, and power to do a judo throw on Kong when he was on his back, so its not just bites and tail strikes. Godzilla clearly used his assets mostly while Kong didn't use his huge ass fangs that could have done some powerful damage if he chomped on Godzilla's throat or even use his mind power more to use the environment to his advantage in battle, or try to exploit a weakness from him, which by going for the throat as most animals do, would have let him discover that Godzilla's gills are a huge weakness for him to strike, as Monarch files details hitting Godzilla there causes greatest pain.

One example: I recall that in Kong: Skull Island, he was more resourceful in fighting the giant Skullcrawler, using parts of the plane as slashing weapons and even figuring out his enemy's weakness that its large tongue is connected to its organs so instead of pulling away, he plunged his fist deeper to get a better grip and pulled out everything, thus killing his most hated enemy. I was hoping to see something similar where Godzilla was chomping on Kong's forearm, Kong could have punched Godzilla's gills in a attempt to get him off, see Godzilla stagger badly and figure out that spot is a big ouch for Godzilla, making Kong change tactics in targeting the area, meanwhile Godzilla would adapt and go on the defensive.

I'm just saying that the conclusion of their fight is strong and understandable but Kong should have gotten in some harder hits than he originally did, his abilities is sort of underutilized.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 05, 2021, 05:12:27 PM
I don't know, I thought Kong was pretty smart to keep preventing Godzilla from using his atomic breath.

I'm not saying he lacked smarts, rather the writers didn't utilized Kong's intelligence enough as I hoped. Like we see how he makes tree spears in the beginning scene, I was hoping to see him do something similar with some of the structures nearby, or goad Godzilla's rage into a trap he set up for him.

Besides all of that, am I the one who was thrown out the suspension of disbelief when somehow one can just download energy from the core of the Earth like downloading pirated pc games from a website? I did find that very silly out of all the things in the film.

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

Musk doesn't get he'd be the evil moron who thinks making a Mechagodzilla is a good idea.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Apr 06, 2021, 02:49:18 AM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Apr 05, 2021, 06:39:29 PM

Fighting styles if fine to differentiate the kaiju's abilities but Godzilla used all his natural abilities in the battle, such as large claws to maul Kong on the chest and even used his size, weight, and power to do a judo throw on Kong when he was on his back, so its not just bites and tail strikes. Godzilla clearly used his assets mostly while Kong didn't use his huge ass fangs that could have done some powerful damage if he chomped on Godzilla's throat or even use his mind power more to use the environment to his advantage in battle, or try to exploit a weakness from him, which by going for the throat as most animals do, would have let him discover that Godzilla's gills are a huge weakness for him to strike, as Monarch files details hitting Godzilla there causes greatest pain.

One example: I recall that in Kong: Skull Island, he was more resourceful in fighting the giant Skullcrawler, using parts of the plane as slashing weapons and even figuring out his enemy's weakness that its large tongue is connected to its organs so instead of pulling away, he plunged his fist deeper to get a better grip and pulled out everything, thus killing his most hated enemy. I was hoping to see something similar where Godzilla was chomping on Kong's forearm, Kong could have punched Godzilla's gills in a attempt to get him off, see Godzilla stagger badly and figure out that spot is a big ouch for Godzilla, making Kong change tactics in targeting the area, meanwhile Godzilla would adapt and go on the defensive.

I'm just saying that the conclusion of their fight is strong and understandable but Kong should have gotten in some harder hits than he originally did, his abilities is sort of underutilized.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 05, 2021, 05:12:27 PM

I'm not saying he lacked smarts, rather the writers didn't utilized Kong's intelligence enough as I hoped. Like we see how he makes tree spears in the beginning scene, I was hoping to see him do something similar with some of the structures nearby, or goad Godzilla's rage into a trap he set up for him.

Besides all of that, am I the one who was thrown out the suspension of disbelief when somehow one can just download energy from the core of the Earth like downloading pirated pc games from a website? I did find that very silly out of all the things in the film.

I guess they compensated by giving Kong more direct hits, I think he struck Godzilla more times overall, the hits were just less definitive.

And I agree, but man oh man this film is filled with silly things and poor plot devices.

Master Chief

Master Chief

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Apr 03, 2021, 10:12:46 AM
Also quick question :
Spoiler
did Godzilla laughed when torching Kong's ass with atomic breath ? It sure looked like it.
[close]

Yes!  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed