Godzilla
101 (75.4%)
King Kong
25 (18.7%)
I don't know?
8 (6%)

Total Members Voted: 133

Author
The GODZILLA thread (Read 2,516,950 times)

Master Chief

Master Chief

Quote from: chrisr232007 on Oct 26, 2016, 06:17:11 AM
Quote from: Kaltes on Oct 26, 2016, 06:06:19 AM
Given what I saw of Kong in the trailer I think it's a safe bet he's a lot bigger than before.

I Really hope he is not as big as Godzilla2014. Instead I am hoping Kong is around 3/4 the size Big G (or smaller) and is very adgile and fast compared to being as big and slow like Big G.
The Kong film is set in the 70s and Kong is at least 100 feet tall.  So he has 50 years to hit the gym and eat right, if wants to get bigger. ;)

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

Spoilers!

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

windebieste

windebieste

Sweet image.  It's pretty obvious who's going to win this fight, though coz 'size does matter'.  Godzill here has twice the mass of Kong.   That alone would determine the winner here.  Then, there's those claws... 'Zilla wins on that front, too!  I'm betting that Godzilla's jaws have a greater bite force than Kong.  Even if you compare the bite force of animals you'll find that the closest analogies to these 2 combatants is gorillas and crocodiles... and while the ape has a powerful bite, the force exerted by a crocodile can double that.

So this confrontation is going to be short.  Godzilla wins here.

Obviously in a full frontal confrontation like this, Godzilla is going to win.  The ape is just too brutally overpowered.  However, Kong is a primate - and primates are smart.  I'd love to see the artist responsible for this image tackle this aspect of both of these Big Boys.  I'd love to see an image where Kong has managed to sneak up behind Godzilla to defeat him.  This is the composition I have in mind:

Kong standing, beating his chest victoriously with one foot on Godzilla's corpse; and one of those tower cranes wrapped around his scaly neck.

By the way, you neglected to add a 'Both' option.  They both have their merits. 

-Windebieste.

XenoZipper

XenoZipper

Cool destruction scenes but ruined with that god awful music added to the vid. Should have at least added Godzilla music to it.

blood.

blood.

Although smart, Gorillas/Apes aren't geniuses. In a fight, i'm pretty sure their instincts will take over and their style will consist of... bite, bite, smash, throw, bash, charge, strangle, shake, smash some more. I can't imagine one scratching it's head mid fight and being like... hmmm, this guy's too big, maybe i'll use that billboard as a boomerang! He'll never see that coming!

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Gilfryd on Oct 26, 2016, 09:17:17 PM

By our own Requiem28!

Even though he's not around AvPG these days

Master Chief

Master Chief

Quote from: blood. on Oct 27, 2016, 07:40:47 AM
Although smart, Gorillas/Apes aren't geniuses. In a fight, i'm pretty sure their instincts will take over and their style will consist of... bite, bite, smash, throw, bash, charge, strangle, shake, smash some more. I can't imagine one scratching it's head mid fight and being like... hmmm, this guy's too big, maybe i'll use that billboard as a boomerang! He'll never see that coming!
haha that was funny!  :D

They'll obviously make Kong a handful for Godzilla while they're fighting.  I'm guessing he'll be more of a pest...similar to the way the male MUTO was in Godzilla.

Kaltes

Kaltes

Quote from: Master Chief on Oct 27, 2016, 05:17:59 PM
They'll obviously make Kong a handful for Godzilla while they're fighting.  I'm guessing he'll be more of a pest...similar to the way the male MUTO was in Godzilla.

Just no lightning powers. XD

g2vd

g2vd

Quote from: Nostromo on Oct 24, 2016, 04:18:54 PM
For the 1954 Blu-Ray they say only the Criterion Collection one has great video picture.
Not true the original Classic Media release that came with the Godzilla Collection (Which by the way is set at a great deal on Amazon for like $20 GO GET IT) and which has also been released serperatly had good video quality but the Criterion release just stomps it. the Criterion release also comes with two new Commentaries one for Gojira and the other for King Of The Monsters by David Kalat which are must watches if you want to get some new found respect for the franchise and especially 1954.

Though if you want to see some truly awful video presentation you should watch the original releases Classic Media did for the Godzilla movies back in the early 2000's now those were awful, lol.

QuoteJust ordered Godzilla 1984: The Return Of Godzilla Blu-Ray (Isn't it called Godzilla 1985??),
Only the American cut released in theaters back in 1985 and which is sadly only available on VHS tapes due to continuing legal issues.
http://www.tohokingdom.com/interviews/matt-greenfield_05-2016.html

QuoteGodzilla, Mothra, and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack / Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla Blu-ray & GODZILLA TOKYO SOS + GODZILLA FINAL WARS New Sealed Blu-ray Toho
Ah yes, great choices except for Final Wars and debatably Tokyo SOS. (Great effects though in the case of SOS) GMK is a great movie and Mecha is just so fun.

Quotewill need to get that eventually, Godzilla vs Destroyah & Godzilla 2000 maybe..
YES, everyone needs to watch Gojira and Godzilla 2000 is also a great movie a ton of fun just make sure to watch the American version.

Also don't watch any of the Godzilla films after 1989 until 1995 yeah, they are very poor.

Master Chief

Master Chief

Quote from: Kaltes on Oct 27, 2016, 05:50:41 PM
Quote from: Master Chief on Oct 27, 2016, 05:17:59 PM

Just no lightning powers. XD
haha I hope not.

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

I always say a good way to get into the series is by picking up Criterion's Godzilla and Classic Media's Godzilla Collection. That gives you a nice overview of the Showa series, from the original to Terror of Mechagodzilla. Filling in the rest should be easy now that the majority of the series is readily available on DVD/Blu-ray (aside from Son of Godzilla and Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla which are out of print and going for crazy prices).

This might've been posted before, but here it is again -

QuoteHow Japan Made a Digital Godzilla

Kotaku: Do you personally miss traditional Godzilla suit acting? Do you think it will ever return to the franchise?

Sato: Based on your question, it seems like you have an emotional attachment to Godzilla based on the character costume method.

When necessary, the technique that is required is changed according to the Godzilla character and the movie style. If the movie style is one that requires a Godzilla in a character costume, then it's fine to use a character costume.

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

Hidden messages on the Skull Island poster hint that Kong is a juvenile in that film, so he has plenty of time to grow between that film's 1970s setting and 2020.

Now I'm wondering who'll take on Godzilla vs. Kong, Jordan Vogt-Roberts (Kong: Skull Island) or Michael Dougherty (Godzilla 2)?

Kaltes

Kaltes

Quote from: g2vd on Oct 27, 2016, 06:45:09 PM
Also don't watch any of the Godzilla films after 1989 until 1995 yeah, they are very poor.

Namely Godzilla Vs. King Ghidorah and the one with Battra. Bleh.

SiL

SiL

I didn't realize the Big G was all CGI. That's some f**king good CGI.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed