Single player enemies MUST be all randomized like AvP1

Started by affinity, Jul 18, 2009, 04:28:05 AM

Author
Single player enemies MUST be all randomized like AvP1 (Read 2,586 times)

affinity

that's the only way the replay value for the campaigns are gonna survive.  otherwise it becomes a 100% routine like a Tomb Raider game lol.

Marine: "derrrr. okay, Ima playin teh campaign again.   Oh yea, there is always an alien who jumps out around this corner.  I'll just snipe them from the other entrance like I did before!"    ;D

Kimarhi

I like certain scripted events.  I think Wade Elementary is one of the strongest points in both FEAR games and it relies souly on scripting horror sequences.

That said, the fact that you couldn't count on the alien to be there every time in AvP1 definately added to the tension.

I say mix the two.  Have the massive alien invasion heading toward the complex and have them find different ways inside.  Keep the scripted radio chatter and some scripted events.

Hydromaphica

Arent the many things in AvP3 unscripted or am I wrong?

Inferno

Quote from: affinity on Jul 18, 2009, 04:28:05 AM
that's the only way the replay value for the campaigns are gonna survive.  otherwise it becomes a 100% routine like a Tomb Raider game lol.

Marine: "derrrr. okay, Ima playin teh campaign again.   Oh yea, there is always an alien who jumps out around this corner.  I'll just snipe them from the other entrance like I did before!"    ;D

its unscripted, there are SOME script for stories sake, but in-terms of enemies, nope, unscripted.

Xhan

Enemy spawns and pathing are dynamic.

dude63

The enemy AI is unscripted..soo..encounters could go different ways. Anyone read about the AI in rebellions Rogue Warrior? Its pretty neat. Granted this is a whole new game...requires different ai..but im just saying.

Stalker

I have heard the devs mention in several game videos that enemy encounters will play out differently every time a level is re-played, including hostile numbers & the time & place they will attack from. So expect the action to be fairly unscripted.

The concept of having the aliens emerge from the "hive holes" in the walls from any direction around the player is an interesting concept, but it could end up like a game of whack-a-mole if not handled properly. We'll have to wait & see.

Corporal Hicks

I doubt it'll be like that on every level. The hive-holes just offer pathways for the jungle levels.

Headhunter

The directors at Rebelion have said that the finished game is going to be very unscripted but oviously at certain points of the game it has 2 b scripted

Corporal Lewis Hicks

yeah they should be randomized, it would make it alot more fun and scary.

xenomorph36

randomized or not i'd never play the game more than once. i'd go for a multiplayeer but as for singleplayer it gets boring after a while

Vulhala

*Thinks about how awesome the AI director from L4D would be in this game*

dude63

They would have to use the source engine to use the directer...correct?

Vulhala

I know absolutely nothing about the technical side of how a game is put together or engines or sources or anything like that, which is why I use consoles instead of PCs to game  :D

But I'm gonna hazard a guess and say...............no?

Inferno

vulhala, i just noticed ur sig. thats a code from one of the original alien games on the playstation. alien trilogy i believe....

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed