AVPgalaxy wiki?

Started by Ratchetcomand, Jul 15, 2009, 06:13:14 AM

Author
AVPgalaxy wiki? (Read 3,511 times)

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

Cool. I appreciate any and all help I can get at this point.

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

I'd like to point out to everyone that I've just expanded the forums over at AVPOE. Hopefully this will enhance the community aspect of the site. Among other things, I've added a section for requesting new articles to be added to the Encyclopedia, as well as to let people know about new articles you've written. We're really looking for some new blood, even if you only visit every now and then.

SM

SM

I was just having a look at the entry for LV-426.  Since you include everything, how do you reconcile the AvP game with the Resurrection novel that contradicts the events post-Aliens?  Or indeed how do you reconcile most of the EU material that is contradicted by Resurrection?

I understand you want to include everything - but how do you handle clashes?

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

We just note where the information from each entry came from, or each part of the entry. Now I didn't write the LV-426 entry (in fact, now that you've brought it to my attention, I'll edit it to include the stuff from the Res novel), but if you'll notice underneath the AVP info, it does say that the info should not be considered canon.

Now this isn't the way I plan on doing it, I plan on just notating where each section of an entry comes from, and noting where they contradict, so that readers can make their own judgments on 'canon'.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I did that one actually. I hadn't read the AR novel at that time I don't think.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed