The Thomas Brothers/Alan Silvestri

Started by Pvt. Hicks, Jul 07, 2009, 07:48:33 PM

Author
The Thomas Brothers/Alan Silvestri (Read 5,029 times)

echobbase79

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jul 07, 2009, 08:36:33 PM
Quote from: echobbase79 on Jul 07, 2009, 08:33:36 PM
Graeme Revell or Robert himself might even do the score. But personally I'd go after Alan. 

Didn't Graeme Revell do the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers score?

....And Robert Rodriguez doing the score? ......Why do I not not like that?

But yes, Silvestri has to do it or Horner can do it.

Remember, Horner did Aliens.

-Rakai'Thwei

Revell has done a lot of quality work. He did the score for The Crow which is one of my all time favorites. Just go look him up on imdb. I believe he could come up with a great score for Predators.

But like others have said, Brain Tyler is an excellent choice as well. I loved his score for AvP: R!

Pvt. Hicks

No Tyler. Why have Tyler when you can have Silvestri? Plus Tyler is unoriginal, he uses way too many homages and cut and pastes.

Corporal Hicks

Well I've just sent Tyler a bell to see if he's heard anything.

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on Jul 07, 2009, 10:05:43 PM
No Tyler. Why have Tyler when you can have Silvestri? Plus Tyler is unoriginal, he uses way too many homages and cut and pastes.
Has nothing to do with being unoriginal, really.

Homages are good when it comes to scores for sequel movies. So John Williams is unoriginal for using the Jaws theme multiple times? Or for the Indiana Jones sequels? Or Jerry Goldsmith for Rambo 2?

There are certain elements in scores which defines the whole tone, and i loved how Silvestri brought back some themes of Predator in the sequel, and i loved how Tyler did the same thing for AvP-R.

echobbase79

I second that as well. The score was different in my opinion but had the same vibe from those early films.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 07, 2009, 10:07:24 PM
Well I've just sent Tyler a bell to see if he's heard anything.

You have contacts to Brian Tyler?

....Damn, makes me wish I exchanged emails with Ian Whyte when I met him at that con.

-Rakai'Thwei

Corporal Hicks

Aye. We interviewed him way back when, remember?

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/website/interviews/brian-tyler/

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 08, 2009, 12:05:16 AM
Aye. We interviewed him way back when, remember?

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/website/interviews/brian-tyler/

And all I have is a picture of myself and Ian Whyte and interviewed him and Tom Woodruff Jr.

Make me envious that you have Tyler's contact, I wish I had Ian's now.  :-[

-Rakai'Thwei

Johnny Handsome

Man, this guy is tall, he did a good job in AvP-R, get him back to play the Predator.

Corporal Hicks

I got in touch with him around the time that Derek Myers(?) rumor came out and he hadn't heard anything from the Rodders.

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 08, 2009, 12:22:42 AM
I got in touch with him around the time that Derek Myers(?) rumor came out and he hadn't heard anything from the Rodders.
Well, it still is a bit early for that. They are still writing the script, but then again, this is on the fast track.

Derek Mears wasn't contacted about this either, i watched an interview with him where he said that.

Hybrid PM

If RR considers this film a sequel then he should try to keep things consistant and go with Silvestri, but knowing him he'll want to use people who he's worked with before.

Johnny Handsome

Quotebut knowing him he'll want to use people who he's worked with before.
Which isn't a bad thing.

I don't care who is doing it, i don't care how they do it, as long as it sounds right.

Hybrid PM

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Jul 08, 2009, 12:49:37 AM

I don't care who is doing it, i don't care how they do it, as long as it sounds right.

tru but we've got like a .00001% chance of someone just nailing the score absolutley right that isn't Silvestri. Silvestri is the only person who we can put 100% faith in to get the score right.   

echobbase79

Do any of the moderators let Fox know how the fans feel about things?

Somehow we need to let RR know how we feel on some areas of the project. The story is obviously set in stone so nothing we can do there. But maybe if we let Fox know how much we want Silvestri to score the film they'll at least consider it.

Probably won't make a dent but at least we can say we tried.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed