Problem with Carl Erik Rinsch

Started by Ja, Jun 09, 2009, 02:00:52 PM

Author
Problem with Carl Erik Rinsch (Read 18,162 times)

Master

Master

So it looks that FOX wont aprove Rinsch and Scot wont do it cause he has too much work. Oh well "move along there is nothing to see here" :D

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SiL on Jun 10, 2009, 08:59:20 AM
Cameron only made three movies worth rewatching.

There, I said it.

Well, at least Titanic has at least one scene that's worth glancing at every now and then ;)

Master

Master

T1,T2,Aliens and Abbys. Scens of sinking ship were also worth watching in Titanic.

TITANOSAUR

well everyone. lets also realise that movies these days are terrible. don't argue cuz its true. things these days with movies have changed. so everybody is gonna be upset about something in this film.

realy what I don't get is why don't everybody just not watch the movie in the theatres. if you want to realy strick a blow on fox. don't watch the damn movie. either rent the DVD when it is released. or don't watch it at all. that or threaten Fox that if durring production, nothing seems right. we'll Boycott the movie. FOX likes to think us fans can't do anything. but lets prove 'em wrong.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: TITANOSAUR on Jun 10, 2009, 09:27:46 PM
well everyone. lets also realise that movies these days are terrible. don't argue cuz its true.
They're no worse now than they've ever been. The only difference is we see older movies through the ultimate selection process; time. Bad movies fall by the wayside, and only the good ones (Or absolutley mind-blowingly terrible) get remembered twenty years later.

Sure, there's a lot of crap being made now, but in 20 years' time people aren't going to recall half of it. How many people actual know there's a Super Mario Brothers movie?

Aeus

Aeus

QuoteHow many people actual know there's a Super Mario Brothers movie?

Me! Me! I do! Do I win a prize?

SiL

SiL

Yes! To rewatch the movie with me!

FOREVER AND EVER.

The Chibi Kiriyama

Oh, I remember the Super Mario movie. So do a bunch of my friends. But we're nerds and it's kinda mandatory that you remember 90s rejects like Street Fighter, Double Dragon, and the like.

Übermensch

I saw them all as a kid - Super Mario Bros, Double Dragon, Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat...  It's true though, nostalgia will often give you rose coloured glasses to see with.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I remember the Mario Brothers movie, but I never saw it. I intend on keeping it that way. Same with Mortal Kombat.

Xenomorphine

Let's be honest, though, the eighties were a golden age for films. :)

How many real classics of entertainment are getting released now? They had 'Aliens', 'Predator', 'The Terminator', plus 'Ghostbusters', 'Top Gun', 'Back To The Future', 'Ferris Beuller's Day out', etcetera... They were coming out with massive, timeless hits, one year after the other!

That standard of entertainment dwindled in the nineties and is even more sparing in this decade.

I guarantee you won't see people rewatching stuff like 'Pirates Of The Carribean', in five years (or even really now), half as much as you do with 'Conan The Barbarian', et al. It was a fantastic time for creativity. We still get good films, but not with anything like the same frequency.

Übermensch

I thought the late 90s started to suck with the rise of the cgi blockbuster and people like Micheal Bay giving us these big special effects movies.

But stuff like Pirates of the Carribean - I don't even watch that. 

SM

SM

Jurassic Park, Terminator 2, The Matrix and all the Pixar movies really sucked balls.  There were people who bitched and moaned about "special effects movies" in the wake of Star Wars in 1977.

QuoteLet's be honest, though, the eighties were a golden age for films.

Yeah.  Endless sequels to Police Academy, Friday the 13th, Nightmare On Elm Street, Halloween... classics....  ::)

stroggificated

I start having a bad feeling about this.  :-\

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: SiL on Jun 10, 2009, 08:21:22 AM
Quote from: Kimarhi on Jun 10, 2009, 04:37:52 AM
Your going to believe the studio that tells your there is no Alien 3 workprint in the manual that comes with the quad?  After people have commentated on its existance for years?
I wouldn't believe a company if they ever did that - Well, I'd take their word with a grain of salt - but Fox never did.

Or at least, as far as is my experience. I don't have the Quadrilogy, but I do have the 2-disc set, which has a blurb on the inside cover referring to the extended cut for Alien 3. The blurb very clearly states there is no actual director's cut, and that the extended edition found in the collection is simply as close to what the cut was as they could figure when Fincher left production, or something along those lines. It certainly doesn't deny the existence of a workprint.

But like I said, that's the 2-disc release. There may have been a change between the Quad and the individual sets.

Still, what's got most people saying they're okay with this idea is Scott being attached - This is made clear everywhere. So while Fox knows there's an audience, they also know that a good deal of that, at this stage, is Scott himself being involved. It'd be foolish to force him off the project and then do it anyway, because the back-lash would be considerable.

Obviously the general public doesn't give a shit, but removing most of the fanbase / film lovers in general who do give a crap would make a notable dent in potential monetary gain.

This all being said, f**k it, it's Fox.

It could all be like that.

I think the conspiracy comes by, if Scott leaves the production of the prequel, then they have said all the right things.  What people wouldn't remember due to selective memory is that they had promptly booted Scott's champion for director out of the seat, a guy that just happens to be like a son (in law) and is laying cold pipe to his daughters furnace. 

The rookie director bs is fishy too.  Scott had done one movie.  Cameron one movie.  Fincher none.  Scott and Fincher had both come from commercials.  Rinsch has a similar background. 

I'm to young to remember, but how long did it take for the truth about Fox f**king about with Finchers work to finally circulate?

I do have to take it back about the workprint.  They did clearly say directors cut.  My mind had warped it over the years.  Probably because many people considered the workprint THE directors cut for alien 3.

So, my bad fox in THAT instance since they didn't let themselves get pinned down.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed