21 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 87

Author
Xenoborgs? (Read 12,647 times)

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Quote from: Evil six on Jun 05, 2009, 07:47:48 PM
No Xenoborgs for me thanks  >:(

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/aliens/images/thumb/e/ea/Xenoborg.jpg/250px-Xenoborg.jpg

What the. HELL. Is that thing supposed to look like? It's freakin Roboxeno!

chupacabras acheronsis

chupacabras acheronsis

Quote from: deadmeat on Jun 06, 2009, 07:41:19 PM
Xenoborgs where great in AvPG. If they put it in AvP3, then they would give it a different design. That would be nice. How about our artists draw a concept of a new Xenoborg, eh?

i can do that.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

I really don't remember those guys...huh..

[Alpha]Frost

[Alpha]Frost

I think they only appeared in one level. It was that spacestation level.

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

How about know. I think Predator, Xenos, USCMarine and Synthetics are enough for a AvP game. If you want add Corporates but pease no XenoBorgs.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

They were a great example of what artificial balancing does. They wanted to put robotic Aliens in and decided that, well, the way to counter them having the high-powered weapons they gave them, would be to make them incredibly slow.

So, you had a really slow, mobile sentry gun, basically. It used none of the actual abilities of an Alien, which rendered them pointless.

Having seen 'Terminator Salvation', I wouldn't mind if a robotic Alien was capable of acting in the same sort of way as the T-800 did, except with the added advantage of guns. It was athletic and about as strong as an Alien seems to be capable of.

Deadmeat

Deadmeat

The Xenoborg was like a suprise. It wasn't a main character (like the alien or predator), but it was like a bonus enemy. It's kinda boring to fight only aliens or humans, give us a robot for pete's sake!

That's just my thoughts.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Now I remember... it's been a while since I last played through AVP. They were complete bastards.

AcidGlow

AcidGlow

Quote from: Mr. Stizout on Jun 06, 2009, 07:34:53 PM
Quote from: Awgustas on Jun 06, 2009, 04:04:37 PM
Quote from: [Alpha]Frost on Jun 06, 2009, 02:36:08 PM
Did you ever see that flying queen alien toy, Awgustas? :P
Unfortunately, no, not yet.
http://www.planetavp.com/conrad/FlyingQueen.jpg

Here you are, it is almost as jacked up as AVP:R  :P.

OMG LOLOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLOLL!!!

Nutlink

Nutlink

Hey, I LIKED the Alien designs from the toys!  Scorpion alien, gorilla alien, bull alien, panther alien, snake alien, rhino alien, killer crab alien, mantis alien, night cougar alien, wild boar alien, arachnid alien, and the queen facehugger.

A lot of those really looked nice and would be interesting to see.

Oh, and for the Xenoborgs, remember to aim for the power light on their head. Quickest way to kill them (although not as bad as the predator foot).

Sykopathic

Sykopathic

Some of the Kenner figures designs were ok. Some made no sense at all. Mantis=Alien? How the f**k is a facehugger gonna hug a preying mantis? I mean that is just a logistical nightmare.

EEV2650

EEV2650

I remember just hiding behind a bulkhead and using up all my spare ammo just to play target practice with those things. I'd shoot them and watch them bleed and then i'd hide again and wait for them to go back to sleep. Fun times.

Master

Master

I wouldn't mind to have combat synthetics looking like a T-800 cyborg that would be interesting.

Xhan

Xhan

Synthetics would be great. Literally pieced together power ranger aliens, not so much.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Sykopathic on Jun 08, 2009, 02:59:56 PM
Some of the Kenner figures designs were ok. Some made no sense at all. Mantis=Alien? How the f**k is a facehugger gonna hug a preying mantis? I mean that is just a logistical nightmare.

From what I remember, they weren't burst; they were genetically-engineered by some scientists.

The only one I had any like for was the snake version's head, but the body looked weird.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed