A diferrent Walkthrough for the pred!

Started by Yutani, Jun 04, 2009, 11:45:52 PM

Author
A diferrent Walkthrough for the pred! (Read 17,333 times)

Xhan

Xhan

Quote from: kvon17 on Jun 05, 2009, 02:10:26 AM
Notice that at one point the guy said "there will be loads of trophy kill animations in the final game"

Does anybody think this is a different build than the one we saw on screen? I didn't notice it highlighting the marines in brackets in the first set of gameplay we saw from e3...

And the Aliens seem... better.

Nope, exactly the same. The Rebellion dev was simply less spam aggro with the instakill button. In the compound attack, you can see an Alien literally run circular around a Marine TWICE before he figures out where's he at, with the Marine literally taking the time to shoot his buddy and then sight him and waste him.

kvon17

Ah. Either way, I liked this one better lol.

Sylizar

Is it just me or does the Pred get owned near the end of Part 1, his HP was down to his final bar within seconds.

Wolf Assassin

Quote from: Sylizar on Jun 05, 2009, 04:43:14 AM
Is it just me or does the Pred get owned near the end of Part 1, his HP was down to his final bar within seconds.

it almost sounded like he said if you didn't have god mode on....and then the video cut off, so I'm wondering if he was going to say if you didn't have god mode on you'd be dead. The aliens were beating his arse. Ahhh who knows.

kvon17

I think it was pretty clear that if god mode weren't on, both sets of gameplay vids we seen would have shown a dead pred.

Xhan

Xhan

He did enough trophy kills to get back shitloads of health.

kvon17

trophy kills don't give back health.

Xhan

Xhan

Really? and you know this how?

SiL

SiL

The health bar doesn't go up when they do trophy kills.

Also, we've seen that they use the old method of stabbing yourself with the blue medikit in some footage.

kvon17

I would like to ask you the same thing, Xhan.

Xhan

Xhan

right.

Here is a tree, here are other trees way off. Let's see if you can see the other ones.

"We're not gonna talk about that right now (Trophy Kills), but it's something you should do a lot of, because you're gonna need it"

"And doing this (siphoning) will charge the energy for your weapons, but not your cloak"

At the GTTV preshow, you can clearly see him stab himself with the medisticks. His energy bar doesn't move.

So trophies may be for either or both, but it rather clearly isn't for his charge.

SiL

SiL

And it''s clearly not for his health, because health doesn't go up when he does a trophy kill.

Unless you mean using heads to let you use the medikit.

Which would be pretty sweet.

kvon17

His health DOES go up when he uses the medikit. and his energy bar goes DOWN.

Xhan

Xhan

The medikit has to be used, dude, and it doesn't effect weapon charge. You honestly think you're gonna be able to run around the whole time jabbing yourself like man-united churl at an aftermatch party?

kvon17

How does that help your "trophy kills add health" argument?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed