2 x Developer Walktrough and 1 x Predalien from E3^^

Started by Chet, Jun 03, 2009, 09:20:16 AM

Author
2 x Developer Walktrough and 1 x Predalien from E3^^ (Read 55,275 times)

Mustafuk

The predalien is awesome, and It looks like a true powerful alien bug.

But I didn,t know predaliens had some sort of  predator,s sense of honor ;D, that has to be fixed right?

Impressive predalien scene seriously, very impressive

kvon17

kvon17

It's been said multiple times that they aren't going to reveal anything about the Alien gameplay until closer to the release date.

Personally, them keeping the Alien gameplay  "on lockdown" is quite exciting, because IMO it means they have something pretty spectacular. (or, it sucks and they don't want to piss people off yet lol)

And um... one question. Why have 2 wristblades if you're only going to use one?

I also love how they had to make him unable to die so they could get him through the mission. His health bar drains quite quickly from the fall and the initial alien strike, but then once it gets to one bar, he hits the tree with his plasma caster and hurts himself, no damage, gets hit a few times by the bugs, no damage, hit more by acid, no damage. Lol.

Mr. Weyland

That predalien actually looked pretty good there, didn't like the skull removal that it did though, I know it was done in the film, but then it was a deleted scene, still, the game looks damn good.

Mustafuk

I,m guessing we need some ranged weapons to kill that monster, I,m not sure about winning in melee against that thing ;D.

After watching this, I hope the introduction of the praetorian is the climax, but since the game seems to be straused..., I don,t know, but at least feel happy with the improvement of the predalien compared to the other games.

Also,  now I can say I hate these warriors with a passion ;D

locusta

PredAlien is more or less ok. At least it seams to be of normal Alien color and biomechanical. But the Pred-mandibles look as ugly as Chet.

Shasvre

Great clips, can't wait to play this game. I counted at least three different kinds of throphy kills, but hopefully there will be more of them in the game. The Predalien is okay I guess, nothing that gets me excited though.

Übermensch

Just saw it.  Gameplay looks good.  Love the predalien.  Aliens look to silvery though - hope they change that.

kvon17

The aliens are a bit slow, but I think if they didn't have God mode on, they would have torn the pred apart.

sambomambo

with God mode on the marines and aliens look very weak.

Dusk

Dusk

After watching the clips I noticed a couple more things that I don't like and hope will get changed till 2010.

- The Plasma Bolts seem to be homing onto the opponent. The bolt was flying in a strange arc when it hit the Alien. I hope normal and hard difficulty will only have straight flying Plasma Bolts.

- Getting de-cloaked when using certain weapons. Screw that whole honor crap. Let us decide whether we want to act all honorable or just be the cleaner Predator.

- Did I just not pay attention, or can't we do simple jumps and have to use the Focus mode?

- Being able to lock-on in normal mode. For balancing issues you should only be able to lock onto your opponents in their respective vision modes.

Corporal Harrison

Nice, finally a predalien that is SCARY
I got shivers down my spine when that predalien roared, it gave me the feeling that even though you're a talented Predator, that predalien is going to f*ck you up... the predalien in AVP-R never gave me that feeling.
The game needs more than just one trophy kill for the wristblades otherwise it would get repetitive and trophy kills won't be as fun after a while.
The game is a still a work in progress so many things we don't like could change in the future...
I'm more trophy kill animations will be made before the game is released.

Does anyone know if we'll be playing as a facehugger or chestburster?

kvon17

kvon17

Quote from: sambomambo on Jun 03, 2009, 12:07:24 PM
with God mode on the marines and aliens look very weak.

Eh... The aliens took quite a few shots with the blades. You also have to look at how quickly the different attacks drained the preds health. I imagine that shot the pred took going into the room where he disabled the turrets would have killed him.

My only complaint with the aliens is their speed. I don't care if they fall apart with the flick of a finger, but Damn, I want them fast. lol.

Quote from: Corporal Harrison on Jun 03, 2009, 12:29:01 PM

The game needs more than just one trophy kill for the wristblades otherwise it would get repetitive and trophy kills won't be as fun after a while.
The game is a still a work in progress so many things we don't like could change in the future...
I'm more trophy kill animations will be made before the game is released.

Does anyone know if we'll be playing as a facehugger or chestburster?
We've seen two alien frontal trophy kills animations, 1 marine frontal trophy kill animations, and 2 marine rear trophy kill animations.

And we know nothing about the alien gameplay other than you can use your jaws and wall climb.

Corporal Harrison

I must say i enjoyed interactively bursting out of a marines chest in AVP2, i hope they do it again in this game and not just start with an adult alien.

EC jay

just one thing I'd like to point out after watching the walkthrough again
in the very beginning you see 3 pred ships, two other ones branch of in another direction
maybe you'll get to play the other preds later in the game? or atleast encounter them again for other weapons or something
cuz when the guy switches weapons, you only see 4 slots and only 4 weapons seems a little stupid
also, in one of the screenshots you see a pred with only one wristblade instead of 2

Mustafuk

Quote from: EC jay on Jun 03, 2009, 12:51:45 PM
just one thing I'd like to point out after watching the walkthrough again
in the very beginning you see 3 pred ships, two other ones branch of in another direction
maybe you'll get to play the other preds later in the game? or atleast encounter them again for other weapons or something
cuz when the guy switches weapons, you only see 4 slots and only 4 weapons seems a little stupid
also, in one of the screenshots you see a pred with only one wristblade instead of 2
I think they said the other preds are gone, in the form of predaliens I guess, so there might be five or six predalien enemies in the campaign.

The expansion might be based off the previous events, and perhaps we play one of those doomed predators, like in primal hunt.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed