Okay
94 (27%)
Good
65 (18.7%)
Great
37 (10.6%)

Total Members Voted: 316

Author
What did you think of AvP? (Read 87,296 times)

luispaulo53

luispaulo53

I voted Good but needed bad language and more gore.

It wasn't a GREAT movie, I would say good. I liked the concept/story but it should have been longer and with better dialogue here and there. The predator's face was awful!

The VFX AND SFX were great!

Exiled

Exiled

I f**king hated it at 1st when I saw it I was like wow this is cool then 2 days later I was almost in tears cause it was sooooooooooo bad :'( stauses if you can hear me don't f**k this one up! :-\ for a "fanboy" who directed it he surtintly have the whole "ultimate faceoff" thing down

here are my problems

1 to much armour on the pred
2 shitty acting
3 THE f**kING TEAM UP :'( :'( :'(
4 slo-mo scenes
5 a drunken camera crew with a shakey camera
6 oh your going to love this I quote from anderson "I always hated the predator disk it reminds me of a frisbee/This is going to be the ultimate alien movie (moments later) with predators in it :-X/the predators always looked like really fake looking guys in stunt suits so did the aliens so I added extra armour to the predators cause it would be a cool addition the predators arsonal also I thought it would be a great Idea to extend the wristblades cause they where always whimpy to me" need I say more?
7 anything in number six
8 a f**king pyromid COME ON! you might as well but a beatle and an aunt in a glass jar and see who wins!
9 the new "ripley" was the biggest pile of hourse shit ever for a replacement listen to the commentary she doesn't know what the f**k she is doing in the movie
they changed the thermal vision to an orange background

thats all I can think of for now

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I have so many reasons, I vote FAILED!!

Tarog

Tarog

Sure it has its ups & downs, My main Hatred is the New ripley, i mean come she sucks

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

She doesn't even deserve the title of NEW RIPLEY

ScarPredator16

ScarPredator16

Just needed:

R rating
A bit more fighting.

besides thoes 2 things, I thought it was a film worth buying on DVD and watching more then once.

That Yellow Alien

We already have a thread for this.

The Demon

The Demon

It was disapointing.

My thoughts,

Importantly what Anderson did to the Predator's design. It wasn't a Predator at all. It didn't even have Thermal Vision. He didn't give a shit to have the classic thermal vision + sound effects to the Predators. Its not too big of a thing but could he atleast have something related to the original Predators. The rediculous Wristblades... I know their fighting Aliens but the Wristblade was designed to stab and gut prey. They should have just made a completely different weapon for the Aliens... Like the "side arm blades" that Chopper never used. I also wish they used a more Original Alien design instead of re-using the Alien Resurection drones.

Another thing is that this was AvP... The film these two legendary deadly creatures meet on screen for the first time and that moment is seconds away from the first Predator dying... Thats Anderson being bias. Liking the Aliens more than the Predator. He could at least make both fans happy and make it an actual battle instead of an instant kill. That made me want to get up and walk away from the theater. To ferther empathize Anderson being bias is the special features. All he talked about was Aliens. He stated he was so excited to make an Alien movie. To him it was an Alien movie with Predators in it. Don't get me wrong, I've been a massive Alien fan since I was young but I feel his bias ruined the movie. There wasn't much glory for the Predators in the film.

The incredibly boring first half of the movie. Some of it was interesting for the first time but never to watch again. The actors were so generic and the film's pace. For example how Charles Wayland's informer was everywhere. It shows the lack of effort he could have done to make more interesting ways to bringing all the characters together. I couldn't stand the "roughnecks" characters. I enjoyed the Predator scene when they slaughtered them.

A minor bother is how the man (forget the character's name) taunted the Alien by calling him an "Ugly son of a bitch!" which was stolen from the Predator movie. Just bothered me.

Another minor bother is how Scar aproached Wayland, Lex, and Sebatian. (spelling?)

And one huge screw up, Predators are attracted to heat and violense... What are they doing in Antartica? I know its the teenager's blooding but it breaks the Predator's way of hunting.

Noir-Gojira

Noir-Gojira

And pinned it to boot.  Merge please?

Chaotic-Strike

Chaotic-Strike

Only things I liked about avp

seem balanced in fights
aliens look(yea I know most people of the original design wont like it)

why I hated it
pretty much everything else is selfexplanatory and has been done over a million times.

shakermakerman

shakermakerman

Quote from: Yellow Alien on Sep 01, 2007, 03:29:59 PM
We already have a thread for this.

yeah i tryed to delete it when i noticed.

vortep

vortep

The movie was realy...i mean REALY stupid and have to do nothink with the classics!

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

I honestly don't think AvP was as awful as people say it was, or deserves half of what it gets. The movie is incredibly lackluster and disappointing though. It fell short, by a lot, no question.

The worst thing is seeing still of cut scenes and hearing how the original screenplay went (the one with 5 preds), and seeing how much more it could have been. Then theres the usual complaints, the bulky preds rather than the slim athletic ones from the pred movies. Alien sounds (the piq squeals), 'team-up' was cheesy (maybe if it was shot/directed better it wouldn't have been so bad). the list goes on.

it wasn't the atrocity its made out to be though. IMHO

fluxcap

fluxcap

The film is truly groundbreaking in that its caused so much disappointment in people all over the world. Not only do the fans hate it, but even general movie goers hate it, now that is an accomplishment.

Harkus

Harkus

I loved it at first but after rewatching the alien films I realised why people hate it so much and I've become one of those people. hopefully the new one will be good

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed