Yes, all the time
No, never ever
Sometimes, here and there
Author
Comic Book Readers (Read 915,196 times)

Nostromo

Nostromo

Quote from: Gilfryd on Jul 26, 2016, 01:33:15 PM
There are almost always forewords, afterwards, sketchbook selections, etc.

Damn, I never look at those lol. Prefer stories more which is why I never chase for collector's things, just TPB's for me.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Reading Transmetropolitan right now. So far pretty good.

XenoZipper

XenoZipper

Recently I just finish reading through the 5 issue series DINOSAURS ATTACK! which is based on the trading cards of the same name from the late 80's. It was pretty cool if you want to see dinosaurs just rampaging through & killing everyone in sight. Has some decent gore/kills. It may not be for everybody but it's right up my alley.

Nostromo

Nostromo

Oh crap will you stop it lol. I told myself just 2 months ago only Aliens, Prometheus and AVP comics now I've added another 10 titles..spending a lot of time on that goodreads.com website building shelves...friggin addictive..help me...

Just finished a Godzilla shelf don't make me start a Dinosaur one please..btw new Jurassic Park series coming soon.. :P

I meant Jurassic World. Just looked at that Dinosaur Attack....that's some messed up bizarro shit lol.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/07/22/jurassic-world-comes-to-comics-in-2017-no-feathers/

XenoZipper

XenoZipper

Oh cool, I'll be down for some Jurassic comics, I got the original movie adaption & a couple issues of the Raptor comics that came after. Yea Dinos Attack is pretty messed up stuff haha I remember the trading cards when I was a kid. At least it's only a 5 issue run & no more so wouldn't take up much if you were to get them. I was satisfied with them but I like bizarro stuff haha The Thing From Another World comics were pretty rad too, continued stories from Carpenter's movie.

Nostromo

Nostromo

I'm surprised I never heard of Dino Attack before. 

By the way, have you ever read Age of Reptiles from Dark Horse? Really well drawn Dinosaur comic, no humans in it just dinos doing their thing...highly recommend that whole series to any dino fan. There's about 3 series in total. Maybe 4.

And yes sign me up for anything that's got to do with The Thing. That's a top 3 or 5 franchise to me. You read the latest Viking episode correct? Free series from DH on their app. I'm dying for new stuff on that. The whole comic and movie series is just too damn good. Call them, tell them we need more lol.

Here's a link to all the titles:

https://www.darkhorse.com/Search/Browse/%22age+of+reptiles%22/PpwNwkt8

https://marswillsendnomore.wordpress.com/tag/age-of-reptiles-omnibus/

T-Rex vs Mosasaur on a shoreline

XenoZipper

XenoZipper

Quote from: Nostromo on Aug 04, 2016, 07:04:22 AM
I'm surprised I never heard of Dino Attack before. 

By the way, have you ever read Age of Reptiles from Dark Horse? Really well drawn Dinosaur comic, no humans in it just dinos doing their thing...highly recommend that whole series to any dino fan. There's about 3 series in total. Maybe 4.

And yes sign me up for anything that's got to do with The Thing. That's a top 3 or 5 franchise to me. You read the latest Viking episode correct? Free series from DH on their app. I'm dying for new stuff on that. The whole comic and movie series is just too damn good. Call them, tell them we need more lol.

Here's a link to all the titles:

https://www.darkhorse.com/Search/Browse/%22age+of+reptiles%22/PpwNwkt8

https://marswillsendnomore.wordpress.com/tag/age-of-reptiles-omnibus/

No I haven't read any Age of Reptiles but I'm certainly interested to check it out! I love dinosaurs. Unfortunately I'm not updated in tech to use any apps so no I haven't read any Viking. I use.. "alternate methods" to read comics or just buy real copies when I come across them. I'm kind of a stickler for having the real thing over digital even though I do have a ton of digital, just don't dig reading them on my computer. I do recommend The Thing comics put out by Dark Horse in the 90s. Definitely some cool stories & Macready appears in some too.

Nostromo

Nostromo

I hear you. I had to get it though when I read it was only released in digital form.

http://www.darkhorse.com/Blog/629/thing-returns-dark-horse-comics-free-digitally-now

I'm sure if you Google The Thing: The Northman Nightmare you'll find it somewhere. It's a prequel to The Thing supposedly...cool story wish it were longer.

XenoZipper

XenoZipper

Oh yea I have that The Thing story, just haven't gotten around to reading it yet. I have all of The Thing comics. I've read all the previous ones but that one so far.

Nostromo

Nostromo

I have the other 3 series. I believe it was a 2 part, followed by a 4 and than a final 4 part series. The TPB that collects the first 6 is so rare...

You're sure about having the Viking story in physical form? Damn, you gave me a new mission for the day....

There is also a 5th story. The Thing: Questionable Research. I'm sure I have these. I don't think you have The Northman Nightmare it says it was only released  in digital format. Pretty sure it can be read somewhere on the internet.

http://thething.wikia.com/wiki/The_Thing_from_Another_World:_Questionable_Research

XenoZipper

XenoZipper

Yep I'm sure I have it because it is in digital form :P I have a large collection of digital despite what I said about not enjoying them as much as a physical but if its the only way for me to read it then I'll deal with it. I haven't had the cash lately to put towards physical copies. I should count how many I have one of these days. I know its roughly in the 1100 range for physical, who knows in digital form, could be less could be more. I just love to read em

Nostromo

Nostromo

Quote from: XenoZipper on Aug 04, 2016, 04:26:36 PM
Yep I'm sure I have it because it is in digital form :P I have a large collection of digital despite what I said about not enjoying them as much as a physical but if its the only way for me to read it then I'll deal with it. I haven't had the cash lately to put towards physical copies. I should count how many I have one of these days. I know its roughly in the 1100 range for physical, who knows in digital form, could be less could be more. I just love to read em

Friggin expensive..like 6$ CDN for a regular issue, I only buy Alien, Prometheus & AVP from a local comic shop. The rest I buy only in TPB format and pre order from Amazon.ca or wait until the price drops... I just look for deals on ebay from sellers in Canada, sometimes in the USA although almost anything coming from there has gone up triple in shipping charges over the last few years...supposedly for oil surcharges...complete bs they should lower the price now with oil down so much...Anyhow happy to have gotten 8 TPB's and a comic for 62$ CDN yesterday...hard to find what you want from one buyer.

What else are you reading?

I'm reading Alien, Prometheus, AVP, Faster Than Light, Southern Cross, The Disciples, Dead Space, The Thing, The Terminator, The Witcher, The Witchfinder, Star Wars, Superman, Age of Reptiles, Baltimore, Hellboy, and looking to get into World of Warcraft, Godzilla, Locke & Key, Hulk, 30 Days of Night, The October Faction, Telikos Protocol, Silent Hill, BRPD...

XenoZipper

XenoZipper

Yea I'm in Canada too. Lived in Vancouver BC for most of my life so finding a lot of physicals was easy but I no longer live there & the nearest local shop is about an hour & 45 min drive from me so I don't get to go there often. TPB's are certainly cool though I don't have many, I have lots of original runs of my Aliens & Predator stuff & don't see a reason to replace with TPB unless I don't have it. Wish I can say they were the only ones I buy but I'm all over haha I collect Aliens, Pred, Transformers, Ninja Turtles, almost any 80s cartoon property, Star Wars, I could go for a while haha I just love 80s cartoons & sci-fi horror so that's all I collect in whatever format. Comics, movies, toys, whatever I can get my hands on :p

Here's some of my collection. Pics are a little outdated so there's a bunch more since then not pictured yet. It's a pain dragging all this out to take pics :P
https://m.facebook.com/bobby.rafuse.7/albums/10151657123637551/?ref=bookmarks

Nostromo

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed