Sometimes, here and there
Author
Comic Book Readers (Read 916,711 times)

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 08, 2014, 04:12:06 PM
Has anyone read Dredd: Underbelly?
Yep.
I didn't care for it too much. It has the aesthetic of the movie, so if you're dying for more of that this'll give it to you, but the story itself was nothing special. I can hardly remember what it was about.
(And they drew Dredd weird. That was not Karl Urban's chin.)

I read the first issue of the new Ms. Marvel. It's nice to see more diversity in comics, though I'm a bit concerned that the character seems to be defined by her being a Muslim and not much else. As if her diversity is a protest against a lack thereof in the industry instead of a real contribution.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: First Blood on Feb 08, 2014, 09:55:11 PM
Ordered volume three of Batman: Death of the Family by Scott Snyder.

And the Daredevil Omnibus by Frank Miller & Klaus Janson. Shit, these Omnibus' may not be the cheapest things in the world but I love the format. Beautiful oversized pages in a nicely bound HC. Unf.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Volume 3: Shadows of the Past

The comic is still really good, but I'm not liking how it keeps referencing the micro series. I'd rather not have to read some pointless tie-in just to get what the hell the characters are talking about every now and then.

judge death

judge death

Judge Dredd the day of chaos the fourth faction/Endgame
Awesome two comics and one of the longer Dredd stories and superbly drawn. A follow up to the apockalypse war so if you have read that story it will be much easier to get the ties and references in this one.
Best with this story is that the dark judges make a return and is in a comic again for the first time in 14 years! And if you have seen my cosplay you know I LOVE the DARK JUDGES!
Worth every coin I paid for these two comics :)

Judge Dredd the case files 2
For the money you pay you get massive lots of Dredd stories to read, it has all the stories released during two years, in total there are over 20 case files books and they are in chronological order, the best thing with Dredd: Is that he ages and gets bitter the older he gets and weaker, and he has so many characters and enemies that batman/spidermans enemies looks few in comparison. Love the Dredd comics!

Transformers international incident:
Love the idea of the transformers being used by nations and fighting for them and not themselves and being used and the autobots has to try to stay away from a national incident. Easier said than done.

Transformers regeneration one volume 2:
It follows up what happened in volume 1 so read that first, but the story is good and exciting to read and is for those of us who grew up with generation one comics as they continue the story here. Art is superb and story as well, only bad thing is that the story leaves a cliffhanger and need to read volume 3 to know what happens after.

Some of the comics I´ve read recently, got them all last time I visited UK, my great friends there, now back in Sweden and miss that and my friends, so much comics shops there compared to here :/

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Alienseseses on Feb 09, 2014, 06:01:03 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 08, 2014, 04:12:06 PM
Has anyone read Dredd: Underbelly?
Yep.
I didn't care for it too much. It has the aesthetic of the movie, so if you're dying for more of that this'll give it to you, but the story itself was nothing special. I can hardly remember what it was about.
(And they drew Dredd weird. That was not Karl Urban's chin.)

I'm willing to give it a shot. I figure at least we should wait it out and see if it can improve.

First Blood

First Blood

Just started the Daredevil Omnibus. It's been nearly a decade since I've read this run. I'd forgotten most of the details so it's like reading it for the first time again. I am f**king loving it. DD is one of my favorite Marvel characters. It's almost more compelling reading about Matt Murdock the attorney than it is about his alter ego. You can definitely see that this book had some influence over Miller when he went on to write (and draw) The Dark Knight Returns.

"It's time to give the devil his due."

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Vol 4 : Sins of the Fathers

Still pretty great and fun to read, but it really does feel like a four issue setup for the next arc. It was cool seeing the turtle mutant from Secret of the Ooze as a major threat, though.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Vol. 5: Krang War

Okay, that was pretty awesome. It took me a bit bit to get used to the whole Cyberpunk Hyrule thing, but after that I was along for the ride. Not only was there a a lot of cool battle with Krang's rock monsters, but there was also a bit of badassery back on Earth courtesy of Karai.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Which IDW Transformers comics are worth reading?

Sabby

Sabby

Anyone know any good comics that are not about super heroes? I mostly own adaptations of books and movies.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Sabby on Feb 17, 2014, 10:13:45 PM
Anyone know any good comics that are not about super heroes? I mostly own adaptations of books and movies.

Punisher MAX

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Shasvre on Feb 17, 2014, 10:14:39 PM

Punisher MAX

Punisher MAX

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: First Blood on Feb 17, 2014, 10:37:32 PM
Punisher MAX
Punisher MAX

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: First Blood on Feb 17, 2014, 10:37:32 PM

Punisher MAX

Punisher MAX

Preacher

Vecrotus

Vecrotus

I don't know how many Green Arrow fans are on this forum, but I highly recommend reading New 52 Green Arrow comics #26 onwards. It's a retelling of the character's origin with a surprising twist.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed