Do you read comic books?

Yes, all the time
No, never ever
Sometimes, here and there
Author
Comic Book Readers (Read 913,164 times)

Shasvre

Shasvre

Axel Alsonso talks about the new Spider-Man.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=71858

QuoteOn His Initial Reaction To Learning Of Dan Slott's Plans For Amazing Spider-Man #700:

When a writer pitches a story that involves the death of a character, minor or major, my antenna immediately go up. Questions emerge: Why are you doing it? Where will the story take you? And in this case, because we had killed Ultimate Peter Parker only a couple of years back, there an extra-high burden of proof for me to be sold on the idea of taking Peter Parker off the playing field. When Dan laid out the architecture of the story that would result in the death of Peter Parker in Amazing Spider-Man #700, and what that would mean for Spider-Man in the future — both the new guy in the red and blue tights, and for the rest of the cast — I was sold. It was inevitable that this story would be controversial, but as the story unfolds, I have no doubt that fans will be running to stores to see what happens next.

On The Reaction From Fans Online:

With all due respect, I don't know if the Internet is really the ultimate indicator of what fans desire, want or need. You don't predict your next president by only polling red states, know what I mean? Most of our most successful stories and initiatives have been met by Internet cynicism. Our job is to create buzz and excitement, and then deliver a quality story to back it up. The sales of Amazing Spider-Man #700 — a triple-sized issue that's on track to sell more than 250,000 copies in print alone — speak volumes about the popularity of the character, the deep love people have for Peter Parker. We completely understand fans' grief, rage, anger, angst and curiosity when you do something like this a day before Stan Lee's birthday. [Laughs.] How they stay tuned in months and years to come will be the ultimate test of whether or not this story was successful.

On The Lasting Implications Of The Death Of Peter Parker:

Hey, don't forget that we did a little story called "One More Day" a few years ago that had a lasting effect on the Spider-Man universe. And remember how long Bucky wore Captain America's red, white and blue tights? We seriously considered never bringing Steve Rogers back. Look, when people read Amazing Spider-Man #700 and see how the story unfolds — how Peter's memories embed themselves in the consciousness of the next guy to wear the tights — big questions will emerge. I'll leave it at that.

On The Death Threats Aimed At Amazing Spider-Man Writer Dan Slott:

This isn't the first time a creator has received a death threat here at Marvel, and we take all threats of physical violence — to a Marvel staffer or freelancer — very seriously. If you threaten one of us, even if it's just as a joke, we will do a thorough investigation to determine who you are. Count on it. This announcement was met with perhaps a little more vitriol than others. Perhaps that speaks to the passion people have for this character.

On What He Would Say To Those Still Wary About The Superior Spider-Man:

I'd say, read Amazing Spider-Man #700 before you make up your mind. What transpires in the closing scene sets the stage for Spider-Man's future. The big question will be, "Can the new Spider-Man live up the mantra, 'With great power there must also come great responsibility''?" There's a reason we're calling it Superior Spider-Man.
I don't think anyone remember "One More Day" with much fondness. :laugh:

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

A look at some of 2013's Free Comic Book Day items:

http://www.freecomicbookday.com/Home/1/1/27/981

I'm really excited for The Walking Dead book. A new Tyrese story should be awesome, and it reprints hat appears to be the recent Michonne story from Playboy and the Morgan and Duane Christmas Story, as well as a Governor story that I didn't even know existed.

Aspie

Aspie

I miss Peter Parker :(

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Quote from: Aspie on Dec 28, 2012, 06:49:58 PM
I miss Peter Parker :(

I miss you shutting the hell up.

Aspie

Aspie

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Reading Hit-Girl right now...sad to know that it's still an on-going series with 5 issues in total, and only 4 having been released so far. Was hoping to get this one out of the way before I read Kick Ass 2. Having fun with the Hit-Girl series, pretty damn funny, laughed hard right now at the build up towards the "Anyone order a knuckle sandwich?!" line, loved the delivery of it's final version.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I picked up The Punisher: Welcome Back Frank and Aquaman: The Trench.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: KiramidHead on Dec 29, 2012, 03:27:27 AM

Good. Very good. Ever read it before? :)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: First Blood on Dec 29, 2012, 03:39:44 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Dec 29, 2012, 03:27:27 AM

Good. Very good. Ever read it before? :)

Nope, this is my first time. It's great. Poor Daredevil.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Welcome Back Frank, isn't that the one where he's fighting against the female Russian? If so, never cared for that one, with the artwork being one of the reasons. Now Aquaman on the other hand... 8)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

It's got a female mafia leader who hires a giant Russian guy to kill Frank. Also, Frank punches a polar bear in the face. :o

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Shasvre on Dec 29, 2012, 08:30:56 AM
Welcome Back Frank, isn't that the one where he's fighting against the female Russian? If so, never cared for that one, with the artwork being one of the reasons. Now Aquaman on the other hand... 8)

That's Army of One. ;)

Quote from: KiramidHead on Dec 29, 2012, 01:34:48 PM
It's got a female mafia leader who hires a giant Russian guy to kill Frank. Also, Frank punches a polar bear in the face. :o

Haha yes. Great moments. I really do miss Ennis with his black humor on the character at times. :'(

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I finished Aquaman: The Trench. It was pretty awesome, but I could have done with fewer instances of dumbasses making fun of Aquaman and getting shown up. Also, the issue about Mera buying dog good was one big WTF. Other than that, it was great.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed