No, never ever
Sometimes, here and there
Author
Comic Book Readers (Read 911,333 times)

Daken

Daken

Quote from: Aeus on Aug 15, 2011, 12:38:28 AM
90s art work.
I miss the 90's. Mainly the X-Books. I loved Claremont's run.

Huol

Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 17, 2011, 02:18:11 PM
Quote from: AvatarIII on Aug 15, 2011, 02:01:18 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 14, 2011, 09:50:31 PM
I just bought this today. It's in mint condition, for $135 total ;D

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k93/DoomRulz_316/photo.jpg

unfortunately i doubt you will get a 100 fold return on that after ~25 years. like the person who bought it originally did

What makes you say that?

i'm a pessimist :(

DoomRulz

Keg

Keg

Batman & Son, Batman: RIP and V For Vendetta arrived today. Still waiting for Batman: The Black Glove. Should be here in the next couple of days and I can get stuck into a hefty slice of Morrison  ;D

Aeus

Aeus

Get stuck into V for Vendetta first.

It's excellent.

i bet it's better if you know how to read music though :D

Keg

Keg

Just read Batman & Son.

What the hell was with that final chapter? Suddenly jumping ahead 10-20 years with Damian tracking down that random Batman imposter?

Seemed disjointed and it was a weird ending to the story.

Hopefully it all comes together when I read The Black Glove and RIP. Also this all ties into Final Crisis doesnt it? Would you recommend I pick that up too or will it just confused me with all the other DC characters involved that im not familiar with?

Anyway ill read V next while I wait for The Black Glove.

Aeus

Aeus

I honestly don't think I can explain how to understand his run. It just clicks with some people and doesn't with others.

I wouldn't advise buying Final Crisis. That shit melted my mind, and I'm still not sure what happened. I think it was the same for Huol and we're both pretty steeped in comic book lore.

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Just read Venom #6. I thought it was pretty interesting.

Huol

Huol

Quote from: Aeus on Aug 19, 2011, 01:56:15 PM
I honestly don't think I can explain how to understand his run. It just clicks with some people and doesn't with others.

I wouldn't advise buying Final Crisis. That shit melted my mind, and I'm still not sure what happened. I think it was the same for Huol and we're both pretty steeped in comic book lore.

Final Crisis takes several reads to understand.

And even then its still nuts.

Keg

Keg

Ill give it a miss for the meantime then.

It wasnt that Batman & Son was confusing it just seemed like the main story was kind of over 3/5 of the way through and then it was like a new story had started which was only loosely connected and then the finale was something entirely different again with only loose connections to the chapter before it.

I enjoyed it anyway and im looking forward to reading Black Glove and RIP. I think once im done with those ill pick up Son of The Demon and Knightfall.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Aeus on Aug 19, 2011, 01:56:15 PM

Yes - that's a perfect way of describing his run. Hell I was even scratching my head when Bruce became Zur-En-Arrh in RIP.

Quote from: Huol on Aug 19, 2011, 05:18:43 PM
Final Crisis takes several reads to understand.
And even then its still nuts.

The first time was such a mindf**k.

*melts*

Huol

Huol

It all pays off with B&R

Keg

Keg

B&R?  ???

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed