Do you read comic books?

Yes, all the time
No, never ever
Sometimes, here and there
Author
Comic Book Readers (Read 916,159 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I'm pissed off that trading cards aren't made anymore with the exception of the Marvel Masterpieces. Did anyone else here trade Fleer Ultra Spider-Man and X-Men cards back in the 90s?

Aeus

Aeus

Quote from: predalien27 on Mar 23, 2010, 02:34:14 AM
I know one near me and it is very well stocked.  When I walk in, I can usually get what I'm looking for.

Lucky you. My local's criminally understocked. They didn't even have most of the big titles for any of the popular characters, and it's a Europe wide chain store.

First Blood

First Blood

If there's an item that I have an interest in, such as an Marvel Omnibus or Masterwork I just let my comic shop owner know and he orders it for me. It takes about 2 weeks to arrive.  :)

Huol

Huol

Spoiler
Hypercrisis
[close]
is real.  :o

Shasvre

Shasvre

I just read through Superman: Red Son, Brainiac and New Krypton. Great stuff, especially Red Son. Next up is Thy Kingdom Come. I really like the Superman from the Kingdom Come universe and it will be nice to see how he interacts with the "real" Superman. :)

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Quote from: Huol on Mar 23, 2010, 02:35:54 AM
;-;

Don't worry Huol, I know your pain. There's no comic book stores near me either. :(

Aeus

Aeus

Quote from: Shasvre on Mar 25, 2010, 12:49:53 AM
I just read through Superman: Red Son, Brainiac and New Krypton. Great stuff, especially Red Son. Next up is Thy Kingdom Come. I really like the Superman from the Kingdom Come universe and it will be nice to see how he interacts with the "real" Superman. :)

Read Birthright if you like Supes.

Shasvre

Shasvre

I just got this today, Crisis On Infinite Earths: Absolute Edition. ;D

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I love Alex Ross.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Yeah, he's great. Too bad he only did the cover on Crisis on Infinite Earths.

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Re-read Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on a Serious Earth yesterday. I love that book. The art style is so vastly different from anything I've seen in a comic, it's gritty and dark. :)

EDIT: Review- Click Here

Huol

Huol

Blackest night is over.
Fun little event.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Purebreedalien on Mar 31, 2010, 08:44:11 PMRe-read Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on a Serious Earth yesterday. I love that book. The art style is so vastly different from anything I've seen in a comic, it's gritty and dark. :)

You probably want to take a look at this one then, when it's released. ;)

maledoro

maledoro

I read adult comics, such as Druuna and Lorna (and other comics by Azpiri). I used to read The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers, along with comics by Robert Crumb, Rick Griffin, and other "underground comix" back in junior high and high school. (No puns intended.) I still have most of my stash from back then.

predalien27

predalien27

Quote from: Purebreedalien on Mar 31, 2010, 08:44:11 PM
Re-read Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on a Serious Earth yesterday. I love that book. The art style is so vastly different from anything I've seen in a comic, it's gritty and dark. :)

It really reminded me of Aliens: Sacrifice, but gritter and more abstract.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed