Yes, all the time
No, never ever
Sometimes, here and there
Author
Comic Book Readers (Read 911,430 times)

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: Sharp Sticks on Jun 13, 2011, 05:56:13 AM
Comic books don't need bikinis to be kept alive. Maybe superhero comic books, DC and Marvel fare, but not the stuff that comes from Image or the net or what have you. Some of the world's best contemporary art is coming from independent comics. It's the only medium that's still growing these days, and it's the most democratic - all a person needs to produce a comic book is a pen, some paper, a library scanner and an idea.

Not that I'm against impossible body dimensions or anything.

Lol, but I totally agree with you.  It's pretty lame watching American comics dwindle to the pariah they are today.  In the early 90s boom a successful comic would could sell anywhere from over 500,000 to 1,000,000 books.  Today's comics are considered successful if they sell over 20,000 books.  The direct market helped fuel this industry disaster, among many other things, but independent comics are thriving in the modern comic market.

I think the Liefeld-style female super thong is defnitely on its' way out, and what remains today is just a sort of convention.  Most new characters don't really look like that, as it does look idiotic to most males over the age of 13.

This is one of my favorite discussions, so I'm going to keep it short before I rant (which is about 1 out of 3 posts for me, har.)

Shasvre

Shasvre

Looks like Superboy Prime, not Superman. :-\

Pn2501

Pn2501

there was a free download concept art book from Brian Wood for dmz if anyone is interested in that, i love his style the amazing bastard.

http://brianwood.tumblr.com/post/6361499764/i-am-offering-a-free-download-of-the-entire

Huol

Huol

Quote from: Laufey on Jun 13, 2011, 10:04:36 PM

Looks like Superboy Prime, not Superman. :-\

Been talking about this with aeus.
I don't like it.

Like you said, looks like some other character. Not superman.

SM

SM

QuoteComic books don't need bikinis to be kept alive.

Keeps the artists interested though.

Sharp Sticks

SM

SM

Awesome.  :D

Huol

Huol

"Its only our 17th opening night!"

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Huol on Jun 09, 2011, 08:40:16 PM
http://gyazo.com/0718e3ef1384bf57e773fc00d7120197.png

Straw the broke the camels back.

Goodbye DC.
I'm done.

ps: f**k you
Trying to pretend like I don't know who that is. Because I don't. That whore is foreign.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

SM

SM

How long till they get to the huge plot point where he changes his knickers back to red?

Shasvre

Shasvre

Venom Vs. Anti-Venom? Could make for a interesting fight I suppose.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

I haven't been caught up with DC and Marvel since Countdown and One More Day. Is it worth getting back into?

Aeus

Aeus

What characters do you like specifically from each company?

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Quote from: Laufey on Jun 14, 2011, 10:30:11 PM
Venom Vs. Anti-Venom? Could make for a interesting fight I suppose.

I am intrigued.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed