Do you read comic books?

Yes, all the time
No, never ever
Sometimes, here and there
Author
Comic Book Readers (Read 912,966 times)

vikingspawn

vikingspawn

I'm glad DC promoted Geoff....was worried Marvel would try to get him as an exclusive.   ;D

First Blood

First Blood

God, it would be a wet dream to see Geoff do a Batman: Secret Origin  :o

Huol

Huol

Blackest night #7 was pretty good.

:P

Sucks that Scarecrow lost his ring already...

And the news that all life began
Spoiler
on earth
[close]
was sorta dumb.

Spoiler

[close]
Spoiler
Any bets on how long it'll be before Sinestro f**ks this up royally?
[close]

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I'm going to say, before Blackest Night is over, he'll f**k it up. And that sucks monkey balls that Scarecrow lost his f**king ring already, god damn it to hell!

Shasvre

Shasvre

Has anyone here read Superman: Secret Origin? Is it any good? I'm waiting for the hardcover edition, so I don't get to read it until August. :(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superman:_Secret_Origin

The Chibi Kiriyama

The Chibi Kiriyama

Spoiler tag the last two images, Huol. I'm sure there are people who don't have #7 yet and would prefer that be a surprise.

Secret Origin is...okay. If I wrote a Superman origin, a lot of my own concepts would mirror Johns' exactly, so it's not that I disagree with the story. I just find the way that it's told to be boring. Johns said this would be its own thing, but all I see is homages to Superman: The Movie and the Silver Age left and right. Good character beats mean squat under the weight of all this forced nostalgia. I felt the "been there, done that" elephant's presence, so after the third issue I stopped buying it.

Huol

Huol

Simply put, i cant wait

The Chibi Kiriyama

The Chibi Kiriyama

I'm interested in seeing how First Wave ties into The Return of Bruce Wayne. The cards left around Batman and Robin say "Vengeance arms against his Red Right Hand," and right from #1 First Wave deals with a murder mystery involving bloody hand prints, so my early guess is this might tie into whatever "Noirman" does in ROBW since he's around the same era as Doc Savage.

Also, it gives me an excuse to read something involving The Spirit, who I hear is a good character.

Huol

Huol

Screw that its got pirate batman!

vikingspawn

vikingspawn

Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Mar 06, 2010, 10:47:50 AM
I'm interested in seeing how First Wave ties into The Return of Bruce Wayne. The cards left around Batman and Robin say "Vengeance arms against his Red Right Hand," and right from #1 First Wave deals with a murder mystery involving bloody hand prints, so my early guess is this might tie into whatever "Noirman" does in ROBW since he's around the same era as Doc Savage.

Also, it gives me an excuse to read something involving The Spirit, who I hear is a good character.

I read the Batman/ Doc Savage one shot and the build up was really good but the ending/wrap-up was horrible and too easy.   I'll still check out the First Wave stuff because of the first half of the Bats/Doc Savage book kept me interested and the Azzarello writing probably works better as an ongoing than a stand alone issue.     

The first 12 issues of the recent Darwyn Cooke The Spirit run is an excellent read if you're looking for Spirit stories.   Not cheesy or predictable at all.   Good stuff.   Also the Batman/Spirit one shot that was a lead in to the series was a good read too.   

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Spoiler
[close]

SUDDENLY. SEIGE IS INTERESTING.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I need to know who that is, the background looks like some sort of twisted spider of sorts.

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Spoiler
Sentry/The Void
[close]

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Just came back from the comicvine and yep, cool I guess.

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Spoiler
I hate sentry, but im a sucker for final boss monster transformations.
[close]

Heres hoping Greenscar Hulk reemerges to kick his ass. Wont happen, but I can dream.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed