Giger to direct 'Alien' remake?

Started by War Wager, Mar 14, 2009, 09:04:49 PM

What would you say to Giger directing a remake of Alien?

Yes
12 (30.8%)
Not sure
10 (25.6%)
No
17 (43.6%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author
Giger to direct 'Alien' remake? (Read 7,231 times)

gameoverman

You people are boring - you don't want anything new and different.  Giger is one of the most original creative people out there.  He did direct some movies in the 60s.

If directing an Alien film - hell yes - but there's no way FOX would let him do it.  It won't happen anyway so there's no use debating about it.

Only way Alien 5 will be a success is if they totally go in a new direction, not the same old boring stuff.  It's ALIEN - we don't know half the stuff about it:

*Facehugger inside Ripley's chest - GREAT
*Alien using spiked tongue shove in person's mouth (after sexual kissing) and pulling out their insides - GREAT.
*Eggs with vaginal openings - AWESOME.

What other ideas did he come up with that weren't used?

SiL

SiL

Quote from: gameoverman on Mar 15, 2009, 05:09:04 AM
You people are boring - you don't want anything new and different.
When did anyone say they didn't want anything new or different?

QuoteGiger is one of the most original creative people out there.
And that's great! But that doesn't mean all his ideas are suitable for a film franchise based around weird shit happening in a relatively realistic environment.

A movie that is all Giger would be fantastic. I don't think anyone here wouldn't see it.

An Alien movie by Giger would be ridiculous.

QuoteOnly way Alien 5 will be a success is if they totally go in a new direction, not the same old boring stuff.
Or just copy Aliens. Everyone loves Aliens!

It's ALIEN - we don't know half the stuff about it:

Quote*Facehugger inside Ripley's chest - GREAT
No it isn't. It's stupid and makes no sense. Works as a nightmarish vision, falls apart completely in reality.

Quote*Alien using spiked tongue shove in person's mouth (after sexual kissing) and pulling out their insides - GREAT.
The modern audience bemoans the ultra-violence of its day, calling out the overreliance on a cheap gore shot over any genuine scares ... and yet here we see a perfect example of why it happens. People don't want subtlety. They want everything explicit. More blood, more gore! Have the guts pulled out by the insides, to hell with restraint!

Quote*Eggs with vaginal openings - AWESOME.
And here we see you're just kind'a saying awesome for the sake of going against what others are saying. It's not "AWESOME". It's not anything. It had one slit instead of two. They recreated the look for S.E.E.D., but it was hardly "AWESOME" or really anything noteworthy. A single slit, wow!

QuoteWhat other ideas did he come up with that weren't used?
Chicken-like burster. AWESOME!

Alien with goggle eyes. AWESOME.

Musical Aliens. AWESOME.

Aliens doing Wolverine impersonations. AWESOME.

Face-huggers with eyes. AWESOME.

Maggots in the dome to show a living brain. AWE ... wait, that was actually a neat idea.

TITANOSAUR

TITANOSAUR

actualy, I like tha Maggot-for-Living-Brain Idea. infact if I can get the look right, I plan to use it for future works for the Alien's domed head.

I never said I hated the idea of Hans Directing an Alien film. infact I'm unsure of it at the moment. I'll have to think about it.

bobcunk

bobcunk

Quote from: War Wager on Mar 14, 2009, 09:37:24 PM
Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Mar 14, 2009, 09:34:21 PM
i had no idea he was a director in the first place... ::)

He's not. Then again, neither was Stan Winston.

stan winston directed pumpkinhead an that was a great horror movie.

gameoverman

Here we go again..

Quote from: SiL on Mar 15, 2009, 05:36:48 AM
QuoteGiger is one of the most original creative people out there.
And that's great! But that doesn't mean all his ideas are suitable for a film franchise based around weird shit happening in a relatively realistic environment.

Even with the current movies some ideas are hit and miss.

QuoteAn Alien movie by Giger would be ridiculous.

Not as ridiculous as AVP, and the notion that it would be ridiculous in the first place is, well, ridiculous.

QuoteOnly way Alien 5 will be a success is if they totally go in a new direction, not the same old boring stuff.
Or just copy Aliens. Everyone loves Aliens!

I know you're being sarcastic.  You and I know that would be derivative.

No it isn't. It's stupid and makes no sense. Works as a nightmarish vision, falls apart completely in reality.

It could be part of a dream sequence.  It could be done.

Quote*Alien using spiked tongue shove in person's mouth (after sexual kissing) and pulling out their insides - GREAT.
The modern audience bemoans the ultra-violence of its day, calling out the overreliance on a cheap gore shot over any genuine scares ... and yet here we see a perfect example of why it happens. People don't want subtlety. They want everything explicit. More blood, more gore! Have the guts pulled out by the insides, to hell with restraint!

I don't think gore cheapens a movie - sometimes it does.  Not all the time.

Quote*Eggs with vaginal openings - AWESOME.
And here we see you're just kind'a saying awesome for the sake of going against what others are saying. It's not "AWESOME". It's not anything. It had one slit instead of two. They recreated the look for S.E.E.D., but it was hardly "AWESOME" or really anything noteworthy. A single slit, wow!

S.E.E.D. was a cheap fan film. 

I actually liked the idea of the vagina eggs - links it more in with sexual imagery.

QuoteWhat other ideas did he come up with that weren't used?
Chicken-like burster. AWESOME!

Ridley Scott showed Giger a Francis Bacon painting and so Giger came up with that.  Not solely Giger's idea.

QuoteAlien with goggle eyes. AWESOME.

Giger claims he suggested no eyes.

QuoteMusical Aliens. AWESOME.

The f**k...  I don't anything about that.  So what, though?  Ridley Scott was going to have a talking alien in it.

QuoteAliens doing Wolverine impersonations. AWESOME.

Ok, maybe you didn't like it, but I thought the blades were kind of cool.

QuoteFace-huggers with eyes. AWESOME.

No comment as I haven't seen that.

QuoteMaggots in the dome to show a living brain. AWE ... wait, that was actually a neat idea.

Yeah, that's definitely cool..... so was the translucent alien concept.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: gameoverman on Mar 15, 2009, 08:37:12 AM
Even with the current movies some ideas are hit and miss.
Of course. But unrestrained Giger would not fit in an Alien film.

Quoteand the notion that it would be ridiculous in the first place is, well, ridiculous.
No it isn't. It's well-founded on all the other silly ideas he had. Sure, he had some brilliant ones, but also a lot of crap that would make AvPR look sensible.

QuoteI know you're being sarcastic.  You and I know that would be derivative.
I'm largely being serious. People would swarm over an Aliens wannabe Alien 5, because people don't want new. They want Hudson and Hicks and their KICKASS MARINES and bug Aliens.

QuoteI don't think gore cheapens a movie - sometimes it does.  Not all the time.
You're dealing with a franchise that worked with restraint and started to fall apart without it.

QuoteS.E.E.D. was a cheap fan film. 
And?

QuoteI actually liked the idea of the vagina eggs - links it more in with sexual imagery.
I like the idea of the stab at religion with the cross eggs. "Hey-hey, people! Religion rapes you!"

QuoteGiger claims he suggested no eyes.
Ridley Scott said it.

QuoteThe f**k...  I don't anything about that.  So what, though?  Ridley Scott was going to have a talking alien in it.
Scott had the excuse of being drunk ;)

QuoteOk, maybe you didn't like it, but I thought the blades were kind of cool.
Neat idea for a comic, but a movie? No thanks.

xeno_alpha_07

QuoteNo it isn't. It's stupid and makes no sense. Works as a nightmarish vision, falls apart completely in reality.

I agree with you on that on SiL..

QuoteMaggots in the dome to show a living brain...

I have to admit i do like that idea.  Shame they couldnt get the maggotss to move around like they wanted.  If i remember correctly the heat from the lights etc made them sleep so they didnt move aorund as much.  They even gave them LSD or Acid in hope that it would make em wriggle around like mad.  But it failed.

happypred

happypred

I would't want him to remake Alien ... how about his own Alien 5?

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: happypred on Mar 15, 2009, 05:43:47 PM
I would't want him to remake Alien ... how about his own Alien 5?

Thats another big 'NO' on that one to.

SM

SM

Yep.  Giger doing Alien would be too stifling.

Better to let him re-make Yellow Submarine.

xeno_alpha_07

QuoteBetter to let him re-make Yellow Submarine.

L-M-F-A-O!  :D ;D

SM

SM

The Sea of Holes...

The hairs on the back of my neck are standing on end.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

No for me. He's a designer, not a director.

Undeadite

Undeadite

If he were to remake it as a short art film, then yes I would be all for it. Just think, 45 minutes of unadulterated surrealism. -drool- 

SM

SM

With a 45 minute version of 'Careful With That Axe, Eugene' as the soundtrack.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed