Alien Anthology Discussion

Started by AVP66, Feb 19, 2009, 04:11:42 PM

Author
Alien Anthology Discussion (Read 362,937 times)

Mike’s Monsters

The money hasn't come in yet. I can't buy this just yet...
The wait is making me die a little inside...

predxeno

predxeno

I'm still dying from not being able to play AVP2010.  I felt a little better when I got to see Predators on DVD cause my parents dragged me off to China when it had come out in theatres.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: PHANTOM on Oct 26, 2010, 07:31:52 PM
I'm holding off until tonight to watch Alien, but yeah I can't wait to see how Aliens looks like, I can only imagine how insane the quality must be.

How tall is the egg?

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Quote from: predxeno on Oct 26, 2010, 11:58:04 PM
I'm still dying from not being able to play AVP2010.  I felt a little better when I got to see Predators on DVD cause my parents dragged me off to China when it had come out in theatres.

Heh, my friend saw Predators in China too! And the Human Centipede, but now I am getting real off topic

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

I just saw Alien on blu-ray, hmmm.....

someone messed with this movie. Not very impressed by it to tell you the truth. Sure it's super sharp and still looks good, but the movie is MUCH darker than the special edition DVD I have. Lots of details are missing through the blackness on the blu-ray version. I guess this is a new thing for Fox, make movies needlessly darker ::)

I'm going to pop in Aliens and I pray it looks better :-\

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: PHANTOM on Oct 27, 2010, 12:36:14 AM

someone messed with this movie. Not very impressed by it to tell you the truth. Sure it's super sharp and still looks good, but the movie is MUCH darker than the special edition DVD I have. Lots of details are missing through the blackness on the blu-ray version. I guess this is a new thing for Fox, make movies needlessly darker ::)

It doesn't effect the Dallas searching for the alien scene does it?

Valaquen

Valaquen

The only thing that looked darker to me was ... Parker. In some closeups. No issues for me at all, though/

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Oct 27, 2010, 12:29:18 AM

Heh, my friend saw Predators in China too! And the Human Centipede, but now I am getting real off topic

Actually, I didn't see it in China.  I had to wait for the movie to come out on DVD and Blu-Ray.  Since I found out about the movie the day it first became public news, I had to wait over a year for it to come out in theatres and another three months more for it to come on DVD so I could play it on a computer. :(

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

The darkness isn't surprising. Given that BD enhances the original image, the colours always look sharper and deeper.

bleau

bleau

Could be your setup, display, player settings ect. I bought a calibration disc because some of my movies were darker at first.

predxeno

predxeno

So is it high definition to see more dark in a movie or to see more of what's in the darkness?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: bleau on Oct 27, 2010, 01:15:14 AM

Could be your setup, display, player settings ect. I bought a calibration disc because some of my movies were darker at first.

Remember, this is the same guy who freaked out on the Requiem BD because it was too dark. Not sure he'll buy the same argument this time either.

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

Quote from: echobbase79 on Oct 27, 2010, 12:39:51 AM
It doesn't effect the Dallas searching for the alien scene does it?

It effects everything because the overall film has been darkened all together needlessly. I noticed it the moment the Nostromo entered the screen, first thought was "they made it darker?" :-\

At first I shook it off like no big deal, but then as the movie kept on going I knew, they made it darker.

GOOD NEWS : Aliens, it's a completely different story my man, this movie looks insane, in a really good way to add to the impact of the visual look of the film. You can see more details than ever before, it's perfect. Alien 3 and Res look just as good as the DVD version, just a lot more sharper, more colorful and slightly less grain ;D

bleau

bleau

Quote from: predxeno on Oct 27, 2010, 01:16:08 AM
So is it high definition to see more dark in a movie or to see more of what's in the darkness?

HD should look a little brighter IMO. Heres what you should do, find some screenshots of alien, preferably the darkest one you can find, then find that scene and pause it, compare. If yours is darker then the screen cap, then adjust settings.

Just seen your other post on Aliens. Maybe Alien is just a vary dark movie.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Quote from: predxeno on Oct 27, 2010, 12:47:24 AM
Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Oct 27, 2010, 12:29:18 AM

Actually, I didn't see it in China.  I had to wait for the movie to come out on DVD and Blu-Ray.  Since I found out about the movie the day it first became public news, I had to wait over a year for it to come out in theatres and another three months more for it to come on DVD so I could play it on a computer. :(

Ah, reading fail. That was...awkward.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed