Alien Anthology Discussion

Started by AVP66, Feb 19, 2009, 04:11:42 PM

Author
Alien Anthology Discussion (Read 362,939 times)

predatorfandrc90

It's a better picture but you could probably get the same picture by adjusting your hd tvs picture.

midget

Quote from: predatorfandrc90 on Jul 06, 2009, 07:46:01 PM
It's a better picture but you could probably get the same picture by adjusting your hd tvs picture.

I know what you're thinking| did he fire six shots
OR ONLY FIVE?
I've kinda lost track myself.
But being as
THIS IS A .44 MAGNUM,
the most powerful handgun
IN THE WORLD AND WOULD
blow your head clean off,
you've got to ask yourself one question:

predatorfandrc90

smart reference.

midget

saw your sig and it popped into my head, so glad that guy lived, made the scene even stronger.

ok back on topic.

Blu-Ray.

predatorfandrc90

Its only a slight change in picture waste of money if you ask me.

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: predatorfandrc90 on Jul 06, 2009, 08:06:36 PM
Its only a slight change in picture waste of money if you ask me.

People said the same about DVD when it first came out.  Now look at it.

Cellien

First of all, if you have a shit TV you won't notice the big difference.  Even if it's an HDTV, if it's a rear projection older HDTV capable of only 1080i, most likely you won't see the difference because those TVs bleed so badly, the image is blurred resulting in a less than HD appearance.  If you notice any difference, it will be extremely minimal.

If you have something smaller than a 32 or 26" LCD you will probably only see a minor, negligible difference. 

If you have up to a 37" screen, 720p/1080i will look nice.  If you have up to a 42" 720p/1080i will look good, but 1080p will look slightly better.  If you have a 47"+, 1080p Blu-Rays will look as they should.  1920x1080 native resolution compared to DVDs 720x480 max resolution.

http://www.somethingnewweddingvideos.com/images/blu_ray_vs_dvd_screen.jpg

http://www.silver-ware.net/movies/potc1unf.png

Make sure you maximize the images in your browser to FULL RESOLUTION, something I think you don't understand.

The truth is for little TVs, yes you don't need the higher resolution.  For larger TVs, you do.  I'm guessing you're still rockin' one of these:

Dachande

Quote from: Cellien on Jul 06, 2009, 08:33:18 PM
If you have something smaller than a 32 or 26" LCD you will probably only see a minor, negligible difference.

TBH I have a Samsung either 19 or 22" and there is a startling difference, but i dont know if that is due to having a crap tv previously or the quality of the HDTV, but i find there is a clear difference, although watching Batman Returns and seeing the Penguin, i wish it wasnt HD >_<

Cellien

Well, for predatorfandcr90, it probably isn't an obvious enough change in quality.  I do agree it would look better, but for someone that thinks the difference is "not worth it", it's probably not the ideal demoing set up to show off how truly big the difference really is.

DoomRulz

Quote from: predatorfandrc90 on Jul 06, 2009, 02:46:27 AM
Dude their overpriced and boring it's just an inprovment in picture not that intresting.I could by an hd tv cheaper then bying the player and bying movie's overtime.

Sound too. The sound is digital.

DoomRulz

I wish more BD were like TDK. I'd like to see IMAX shots preserved on disc, something that DVDs don't do.

predatorfandrc90

Quote from: Cellien on Jul 06, 2009, 08:57:04 PM
Well, for predatorfandcr90, it probably isn't an obvious enough change in quality.  I do agree it would look better, but for someone that thinks the difference is "not worth it", it's probably not the ideal demoing set up to show off how truly big the difference really is.
personnally i do'nt spend my time or hard earned cash on an improvement in picture i have better things to do then be amazed by a slight change and as for the sound it falls in the same category as the picture.Honestly some blu ray players or pretty expensive and i've seen a few were u could by a ps3 for the same price and that has a built in blu ray player.

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: predatorfandrc90 on Jul 06, 2009, 11:01:33 PM
personnally i do'nt spend my time or hard earned cash on an improvement in picture i have better things to do then be amazed by a slight change and as for the sound it falls in the same category as the picture.Honestly some blu ray players or pretty expensive and i've seen a few were u could by a ps3 for the same price and that has a built in blu ray player.

Most Blu Ray players are cheaper than PS3's now.

predatorfandrc90

Quote from: Mikey on Jul 06, 2009, 11:12:01 PM
Quote from: predatorfandrc90 on Jul 06, 2009, 11:01:33 PM

Most Blu Ray players are cheaper than PS3's now.
true but the best or still as exspensive.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed